Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

I would definitely bring it back as something is wrong if it disconnects all the time like that. You should be able to leave it in LTE mode all the time.

Sent from a little old Note 2

i'll try and see what they say, but whenever i contact apple they tell me is sprint fault and when i contact sprint they say is apples, or they tell me to restore my phone.

The Verizon and Sprint iPhones have CDMA and LTE in the same antenna which is why you cannot do voice and data at the same time even on LTE with the Verizon and Sprint iPhone. So I would think this explains the drops you are experiencing. Thank Apple for that.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/iphone-5-calls-data/

The Verizon and Sprint iPhones have CDMA and LTE in the same antenna which is why you cannot do voice and data at the same time even on LTE with the Verizon and Sprint iPhone. So I would think this explains the drops you are experiencing. Thank Apple for that.

http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/iphone-5-calls-data/

The S3 can't do LTE and EVDO at the same time since it is the same transmission path. It has no problem staying in LTE CDMA mode and doesn't drop the evdo. It just scans when evdo is idle. So try again... If this was an issue of it dropping all the time I know we would have read article over article on this failure by Apple.

The S3 can't do LTE and EVDO at the same time since it is the same transmission path. It has no problem staying in LTE CDMA mode and doesn't drop the evdo. It just scans when evdo is idle. So try again... If this was an issue of it dropping all the time I know we would have read article over article on this failure by Apple.

"So why does Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III, a 4G LTE phone, juggle calls and data? Samsung added an extra antenna so that it pulls data from the 4G LTE network at the same time that it’s using another antenna to do voice, said Anand Shimpi, editor in chief of AnandTech"

"So why does Verizon’s Samsung Galaxy S III, a 4G LTE phone, juggle calls and data? Samsung added an extra antenna so that it pulls data from the 4G LTE network at the same time that it’s using another antenna to do voice, said Anand Shimpi, editor in chief of AnandTech"

I would expect the vzw phone to be the same as the Sprint one. Except for frequency differences. It has no issues with SVDO and SVLTE. And it's not from antennas. I absolutely hate that term. I could design a phone with 10 antennas that does cdma, evdo, and lte but due to design it can not do SVDO or SVLTE.

I would expect the vzw phone to be the same as the Sprint one. Except for frequency differences. It has no issues with SVDO and SVLTE. And it's not from antennas. I absolutely hate that term. I could design a phone with 10 antennas that does cdma, evdo, and lte but due to design it can not do SVDO or SVLTE.

I was just quoting the article. This is new territory for me; so the design/placement of the antennas is what matters? This is what decides the transmit paths?

I was just quoting the article. This is new territory for me; so the design/placement of the antennas is what matters? This is what decides the transmit paths?

Antennas are a very small piece... Important of course.. But one piece of the RF puzzle. It's not just strapping an antenna to a chip and call it a day. There's necessary electronics between the chipset and the antenna.

Antennas are a very small piece... Important of course.. But one piece of the RF puzzle. It's not just strapping an antenna to a chip and call it a day. There's necessary electronics between the chipset and the antenna.

Ok but in the case of the iPhone 5's design it would need another Antenna and possibly a design change to do SVLTE on the CDMA networks (According to Apple). Or at least that's what they are saying.

Ok but in the case of the iPhone 5's design it would need another Antenna and possibly a design change to do SVLTE on the CDMA networks (According to Apple). Or at least that's what they are saying.

Ok, and that's the "feature" they sold and pushed to their customers. Still doesn't mean it can't search for lte between 1x and evdo idle periods. That's what other phones do.

Just popped in and saw 25 new posts in the New Orleans thread and got super excited.Dang it I thought a tower had to have gone live.

Nope. Tampa beat us.. Hopefully we can join their ranks soon.

Think the count is still only 5 or 6 towers with work found at them and many found with no work.

I went to many sites last week but could not find the contractors.

I haven't found any sites around Downtown Nola with any work going on. Of course I still barely know what I am looking for short of work crews at towers.

Scroll back through this thread... I posted pics of several towers with no work as in no RRUs or new panels up. I posted pictures of one tower with workers mounting the RRUs and another with it completed. All very close pictures so you can see whats going on.

Boom...nice! NV'd! Seeing more towers renews my hopes of seeing something within the next 20 days and makes me want to go tower hunting. Would it be wrong or just nerdy to play hooky and drive around to 10-15 Sprint sites? ;)

Boom...nice! NV'd! Seeing more towers renews my hopes of seeing something within the next 20 days and makes me want to go tower hunting. Would it be wrong or just nerdy to play hooky and drive around to 10-15 Sprint sites? ;)

I've been checking sites on the south part of the city and haven't seen anything yet.

Sent from my EVO