Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

So, i'm guessing at this pace we are not going to see any improvements before the end of the year.

They might sneak one or two sites in for the end of year to make the press release.

I can't find the workers in my area anywhere. Not sure where they went. Maybe home for the holidays.

I saw an Ericsson truck parked at one tower in Watson over the holidays. But there isn't anything going on there and it could have been another carrier.

Sent from a little old Note 2

Alrighty.Recon done over the last week.Here we go!!!

Confirmed visually and I spoke to the crew who also confirmed they were installing the NV equipment.

This tower is located on Ave A in Westwego,off the expressway.

20121009_172212.jpg

20121009_172128.jpg

20121009_172107.jpg

The pics above show the NV gear on the top rack.

The next pics I suppose are all "before" pictures since it appears nothing has been done LOL

2 Fairfield in Gretna

NL72XC0172.jpg

NL72XC0173.jpg

NL72XC0171.jpg

Panels on top of Paychex building by Oakwood Mall

NL57XC6612.jpg

NL57XC6611.jpg

Tower on Lapalco Blvd,between Helen Cox High and Manhattan Blvd

NL54XC6743.jpg

NL54XC6741.jpg

Tower located on Ames at Lapalco by the old Kmart.This location has what looks like a brand new cabinet,but its massive and doesnt look like any NV gear Ive seen.

NL13XC5112.jpg

NL13XC5114.jpg

NL13XC5111.jpg

Tower behind old Circuit City on Manhattan Blvd

NL13XC5031.jpg

NL13XC5032.jpg

Tower on Commerce towards Bellemeade North between Belle Chasse Hwy and Lapalco

NL03XC3136.jpg

NL03XC3135.jpg

So there are a few of the sites Ive had a chance to go by over the last two days.I have a list of about 9 more to hit in the coming days.Hope you all enjoy the pics,even though most of them show nothing going on LOL.

In the 11th picture in this post the top rack is similar to how Sprint's rack is on my closest tower. How would they be able to install the new equipment on that?

I rode by it today and a work was still being done atop the tower. I Didn't think this kind of stuff was plug and play anyway. Looks like robert was right about that 3 week time span for a tower to be completed.

I know it isn't network vision related but a tower was installed from the ground up in 7 days here in LC, I don't know if it is due to precautions working on a live tower or what but a tower can be done in a week

• Like 1

So I got a Motorola Admiral for work, and it supposedly works in the 800 mhz range, but I can't figure out how to tell if I'd been eHRPD or if/when it switches to the lower frequency when NV starts. I work near the Superdome, so if anything is lit up, I'd probably notice it down there first (eg, I appear to have more bars now than I did a month ago on the Admiral, and battery is lasting way longer). It's running Android Gingerbread 2.3.5 and all I can see is the PRL (61090) and Mobile Network type ("CDMA - EvDo rev. A"). Is there an app everyone uses to know such things as frequency or radio or tower?

Related, now that I have a PTT Sprint Direct Connect work phone, I was wondering what frequency PTT runs on, or plans to run on, too. I've only seen one article in 2011 that it said it will run on 1xAdvanced, which if understood correctly is future 800 mhz, so I should be able to PTT from inside the building even when web services are weak. Right? Now I wonder, I guess standard sms text messages (non-Google Voice) will also travel on the lower frequency when available, too, since that's a 2G service (right?). Thanks.

Nope. Nothing happens. It tries to dial the text of "debug" and says, "The Number or Code you have dialed is incorrect...."

I just assumed y'all were using an app. Not sure if I can ROOT a work phone (it's already set up with a pw and everything), so I was hoping there was an app that told you all the radios and such to use.

Ah, it did new interesting things this time.

Menu options are such:

1x Engineering

EVDO Engineering

Configuration

Bluetooth

Data Status

Memory State

Under 1x Engineering, when I click, at first I see one of the fields, "Band Class: US Cellular (800 MHz)", but then it flips just to "US" after 1 second.

I don't know what these other things mean, like "SO" "Channel" "SID" "NID" "Base ID" "PN" "P_rev" etc. In that first second, State is also "N/A" but after that, it switches to "Idle: Initial", "SO: 0", "Channel: 25."

OH! It just changed. State: TrCh: Traffic, SO: 33, Channel 150. Just flipped through some other states and went back to Idle. It looks like it lost 3G coverage and went to 2G for a moment before regaining the signal.

I don't see eHRPD on any of the menus. It's all either 1x stuff or EvDo Rev. A.

Thanks for the help.

My 3g has been absolutely terrible the last 2 days in the elmwood area. Almost unusable. Like 15kbps bad. Strange because I have been running ehrpd for a while in this area so not sure what could be going on. Just thought I would share and to see if anyone else in then area is seeing the same thing.

My 3g has been absolutely terrible the last 2 days in the elmwood area. Almost unusable. Like 15kbps bad. Strange because I have been running ehrpd for a while in this area so not sure what could be going on. Just thought I would share and to see if anyone else in then area is seeing the same thing.

That is weird because i always get really good speed in the elmwood are, but last time i went there was 1 week ago, hopefully is because they are doing upgrades, one question is ehrpd only available in NV upgraded sites?

That is weird because i always get really good speed in the elmwood are, but last time i went there was 1 week ago, hopefully is because they are doing upgrades, one question is ehrpd only available in NV upgraded sites?

eHRPD is a software upgrade that can be applied remotely, it is available now in most markets, even markets that do not have any NV work going on. Normally large clusters or even entire markets are upgraded at the same time. It has little to do with speeds or anything else, it just helps the hand off between LTE and 3G.

eHRPD is a software upgrade that can be applied remotely, it is available now in most markets, even markets that do not have any NV work going on. Normally large clusters or even entire markets are upgraded at the same time. It has little to do with speeds or anything else, it just helps the hand off between LTE and 3G.

But why do they do thats software upgrade if they dont have LTE? thats is probably why my iPhone loose connection every time i turn on LTE.

But why do they do thats software upgrade if they dont have LTE? thats is probably why my iPhone loose connection every time i turn on LTE.

It doesn't affect the network in any other way than to aid with the handoff to LTE. It will be needed everywhere, so they might as well do it. It will not affect that data connection on your phone.

It doesn't affect the network in any other way than to aid with the handoff to LTE. It will be needed everywhere, so they might as well do it. It will not affect that data connection on your phone.

I know it helps the transition from 4G to 3G but my phone keeps trying to connect to the nonexistent 4G network and when it tries the phone disconnects and connects again but in that process if im sending a text it fails also with calls and data.

I know it helps the transition from 4G to 3G but my phone keeps trying to connect to the nonexistent 4G network and when it tries the phone disconnects and connects again but in that process if im sending a text it fails also with calls and data.

What do you mean it "keeps trying"? If you have your phone in CDMA/LTE mode, it will occasionally scan for LTE, but it won't try to connect to a nonexistent network. If you phone keeps dropping the connection, either you have a weak connection or there is something wrong with your phone.

Your phone wont drop the existing CDMA connection while searching for LTE. It doesnt work that way.

What do you mean it "keeps trying"? If you have your phone in CDMA/LTE mode, it will occasionally scan for LTE, but it won't try to connect to a nonexistent network. If you phone keeps dropping the connection, either you have a weak connection or there is something wrong with your phone.

My phone doesnt have a CDMA/LTE mode like the android do it only has a LTE switch and whenever it is on the phone is always changing from 3G to the little o and then the bars go down to no service and then it connects again to the network. This happens usually every 5 minutes or so until turn off LTE.

My phone doesnt have a CDMA/LTE mode like the android do it only has a LTE switch and whenever it is on the phone is always changing from 3G to the little o and then the bars go down to no service and then it connects again to the network. This happens usually every 5 minutes or so until turn off LTE.

Hmm.. Then there is probably something wrong with your phone. I have heard about a few issues with iPhones connecting to CDMA networks... don't know much about it though. You may want to get your phone checked out. There is no reason for it to drop the connection while looking for LTE, unless it is erroneously thinking there is an LTE signal, trying to connect, and not finding anything.

Hmm.. Then there is probably something wrong with your phone. I have heard about a few issues with iPhones connecting to CDMA networks... don't know much about it though. You may want to get your phone checked out. There is no reason for it to drop the connection while looking for LTE, unless it is erroneously thinking there is an LTE signal, trying to connect, and not finding anything.
Yea i think thats what happening because it only happens when i have LTE turned on, i heard some people were experiencing the same problem but i don't think there much they can do about it, only fix is to turn LTE off until we get it, and i hope transitions from LTE to 3G are that bad on the iphone when the network arrives.

I know that my VZW LTE iPad does not transition seamlessly between CDMA and LTE; it will drop the CDMA connection for a couple seconds when it connects to LTE, generally speaking. My guess is that this happens despite the fact that VZW has eHRPD set up.

I don't get this issue on my phone. Then again, the iPhone 5 can't be connected to two cellular networks simultaneously, per FCC submissions, while the SIII can.

Yea i think thats what happening because it only happens when i have LTE turned on, i heard some people were experiencing the same problem but i don't think there much they can do about it, only fix is to turn LTE off until we get it, and i hope transitions from LTE to 3G are that bad on the iphone when the network arrives.

I would definitely bring it back as something is wrong if it disconnects all the time like that. You should be able to leave it in LTE mode all the time.

Sent from a little old Note 2