Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

And just because they finish work does NOT mean that you will see LTE.The tower by my house (westwego,Ave A) looks to have been completed for over a week now (took about three weeks) and I have seen no LTE and its less than a quarter mile from me.

And just because they finish work does NOT mean that you will see LTE.The tower by my house (westwego,Ave A) looks to have been completed for over a week now (took about three weeks) and I have seen no LTE and its less than a quarter mile from me.

Have you seen any improvement? faster 3G?

With speeds like that, that's the legacy tower talking.

Keeping the eyes to the sky and they continue to look like this:

I thought they were going to let us use the towers as soon as they were finished, at least the enhanced 3G. Edited by JoSe_RaUL_96

Sprint told you that?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

No, every time i ask for updates on 4G they tell me something different. I read that someplace online that i cant remember. and ktulu909 you should see at least something from testings they do, are you sure they are doing NV upgrade in the tower or just usual tower upgrades?

No, every time i ask for updates on 4G they tell me something different. I read that someplace online that i cant remember. and ktulu909 you should see at least something from testings they do, are you sure they are doing NV upgrade in the tower or just usual tower upgrades?

What i seen is the NV stuff just like on the pics that get circulated around here..I even post the pics for you to see. Its up there just not on yet.

What i seen is the NV stuff just like on the pics that get circulated around here..I even post the pics for you to see. Its up there just not on yet.

I seen the pictures and i go by the crowder, Lake Forest tower almost everyday, I was asking ktulu909 because i think the tower he is talking about shows in the sprint.com/network website that they have done data speed and data capacity upgrades.

Ericsson markets are way behind in 3G upgrades at Network Vision sites.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

What do you mean, 3G upgrades are different from 4G? I thought when the go to upgrade a tower they do everything voice, 3G, 4G, brand new everything. Also is HD voice calling available as soon as they launch the market? Or is that coming in 2013. How much spectrum is sprint using here in New Orleans?

What do you mean' date=' 3G upgrades are different from 4G? I thought when the go to upgrade a tower they do everything voice, 3G, 4G, brand new everything. Also is HD voice calling available as soon as they launch the market? Or is that coming in 2013. How much spectrum is sprint using here in New Orleans?[/quote']

If you look at the Sponsor maps you would see. Ericsson markets did not have 3G upgrades installed with 4G site upgrade initially. Most of the equipment for the 3G upgrade is there, but not live. Ericsson has had equipment issues with their Ethernet conversion boxes for 1x and EVDO. LTE is unaffected because they can use straight Ethernet backhaul. Ericsson is just now starting 3G conversions. You can see all of that in our Sponsor maps.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I was just digging around and seeing what the updates were (also, I think I found one of the towers near me, so I need to drive by and see what I can see).

But I looked at this part of the Sprint website, and it appears Louisiana is not getting LTE anytime soon.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/4g_lte_plan_details.html?INTNAV=LP:iPhone:091412:Tab24GLTE#tab_where

I mean, I'd be happy with 800mhz Rev A, and then I'd be able to cross the CCC without dropping, but if accurate, that's a huge disappointment with Superbowl around the corner. Everyone who will be in town will have high speed data from all the other carriers.

Also, is anyone considering dropping their Galaxy Nexus for Sprint any time soon? I think I'd like a used one so I can take advantage of the 800mhz when it comes online, since my Nexus S 4G does not appear to support the SMR frequencies. :(

I was just digging around and seeing what the updates were (also' date=' I think I found one of the towers near me, so I need to drive by and see what I can see).

But I looked at this part of the Sprint website, and it appears Louisiana is not getting LTE anytime soon.

http://shop2.sprint.com/en/shop/why_sprint/4g/4g_lte_plan_details.html?INTNAV=LP:iPhone:091412:Tab24GLTE#tab_where

I mean, I'd be happy with 800mhz Rev A, and then I'd be able to cross the CCC without dropping, but if accurate, that's a huge disappointment with Superbowl around the corner. Everyone who will be in town will have high speed data from all the other carriers.

Also, is anyone considering dropping their Galaxy Nexus for Sprint any time soon? I think I'd like a used one so I can take advantage of the 800mhz when it comes online, since my Nexus S 4G does not appear to support the SMR frequencies. :([/quote']

This is not accurate. The New Orleans market is in the second round of network vision deployment.

Our members have identified some places where work is under way. Also Sprint has admitted to it as well.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

This is not accurate. The New Orleans market is in the second round of network vision deployment.

Our members have identified some places where work is under way. Also Sprint has admitted to it as well.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/blog/1/entry-321-sprint-marketing-releases-a-4g-lte-city-list-where-work-is-under-way/

How can I acces the sponsor map? And does it show every tower upgraded to network vision in New Orleans?

I did some searching online last night and found a few other job postings for Baton Rouge work for NV projects from now until May 2013. I started digging for permits and zoning docs. I found one...yep just one...permit for Baton Rouge. The tower near Flannery and Greenwell Springs Rd in BR (link: http://goo.gl/maps/d7Uw1 ) The site won't let me see the actual permit or any real details. Just states it is for Sprint and Wes Tower is doing the work to remove antennas and replace them with new ones. One date shows issued 10/15/2012 another says created 08/21/2012.

I have been by this tower but have not see anything moving with it...

I did some searching online last night and found a few other job postings for Baton Rouge work for NV projects from now until May 2013. I started digging for permits and zoning docs. I found one...yep just one...permit for Baton Rouge. The tower near Flannery and Greenwell Springs Rd in BR (link: http://goo.gl/maps/d7Uw1 ) The site won't let me see the actual permit or any real details. Just states it is for Sprint and Wes Tower is doing the work to remove antennas and replace them with new ones. One date shows issued 10/15/2012 another says created 08/21/2012.

I have been by this tower but have not see anything moving with it...

What jurisdiction is it in? If memory serves, most places in Louisiana don't require permits for this type of work.

What jurisdiction is it in? If memory serves, most places in Louisiana don't require permits for this type of work.

The permit site just says East Baton Rouge for jurisdiction.

The city I live in seems like it requires a permit to mow the grass.

Sent from the EVO 4G sometimes-LTE

• Like 2