Network Vision/LTE - New Orleans Market

Slimboutit

So I took some pictures of a tower very near my house today. Unfortunately I did not have my good camera with me because it was unexpected to see anyone working there honestly.

Not completely sure this is a Sprint tower but pretty sure it is by looking at maps and seeing a sprint truck there a long while ago.

Anyway this tower is on I-10 in Laplace near I-55. There were about 5 trucks and certainly some new panels being hung today. Some of the smaller ones in the middle are the new ones as I know they were not there previously.

Anyway these are the best pics I could get with my phone. Anyone want to take a shot at what we are looking at? Is it even a Sprint job?

The site won't let me embed the pics for some reason but.....

You can see the guy up on the tower in the first pic.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2iVpYAHcxNXM1JmVWkwRU41aGM

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2iVpYAHcxNXSjUyVlRDNzBlZW8

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2iVpYAHcxNXdDVDWVAwRjN6Y2s

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2iVpYAHcxNXeW9ETFR6dDh3NWM

So I took some pictures of a tower very near my house today. Unfortunately I did not have my good camera with me because it was unexpected to see anyone working there honestly.

Not completely sure this is a Sprint tower but pretty sure it is by looking at maps and seeing a sprint truck there a long while ago.

Anyway this tower is on I-10 in Laplace near I-55. There were about 5 trucks and certainly some new panels being hung today. Some of the smaller ones in the middle are the new ones as I know they were not there previously.

Anyway these are the best pics I could get with my phone. Anyone want to take a shot at what we are looking at? Is it even a Sprint job?

I saw the same guys working on this site today driving back from the airport. Hopefully NO will have some LTE soon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

It looks like it could be to me! A clear picture would help of course, haha. You can see the locations of all of Sprint's towers in the sponsor's section, if you would like to donate. Not a requirement of course! Just wanted to let you know.

Just got an email from sprint telling me there is no immediate plan for 4g deployment in New Orleans.

That's correct. You will not have market wide coverage in the near immediacy. But work has already started in the market. And there will be some scattered signals probably appear in the next 30 days or so. Sprint has already released PR's saying work has started in the New Orleans and Baton Rouge areas. I know we have gone over this before.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

I saw the same guys working on this site today driving back from the airport. Hopefully NO will have some LTE soon.

I've known that to be a Sprint site when I had my old Sanyo flip camera phone many years ago. Very cool to see the additional sitings of tower work in New Orleans. They just need to move west in the market ;)

I was comparing the photos posted above and the ones on Google street view and you can see the add they were working on.

I had to go a back way home from work today and wow.. I am glad I did. At Plank and Thomas Rd in BR/Baker I saw two trucks at the tower there. I turned around and went snooping. One truck bed was full of parts and wire spoils wrapped in plastic, probably on a pallet. The other guy was holding a paper. Probably the bill of lading to sign off. They were opening the gate when I left. You can't see inside the gates due to the fence.

I hope this is Sprint's stuff. AT&T already has their work completed there. It is either Sprint or T-Mobile.

No markings on either vehicle.

Sent from my EVO sometimes-LTE

I had to go a back way home from work today and wow.. I am glad I did. At Plank and Thomas Rd in BR/Baker I saw two trucks at the tower there. I turned around and went snooping. One truck bed was full of parts and wire spoils wrapped in plastic, probably on a pallet. The other guy was holding a paper. Probably the bill of lading to sign off. They were opening the gate when I left. You can't see inside the gates due to the fence.

I hope this is Sprint's stuff. AT&T already has their work completed there. It is either Sprint or T-Mobile.

No markings on either vehicle.

A lot of Ericsson equipment has big Ericsson logos on the boxes.

A lot of Ericsson equipment has big Ericsson logos on the boxes.

I will have to swing by again tomorrow on my way home. It's not too far out of the way. Only went that way since it was 5p traffic.

I will have to swing by again tomorrow on my way home. It's not too far out of the way. Only went that way since it was 5p traffic.

Traffic has been brutal the last couple weeks.

Traffic has been brutal the last couple weeks.

I usually get off at 330p so traffic is nothing. Nothing at 645a either. But the auditors called and I had to stay to fix them up.

What is the tower upgrade process? Do they put the new equipment on an empty space or do they remove some of the current stuff and add new one? will speeds go down wile they do the upgrades?

Usually the new panels are mounted on an empty space, sometimes they do move the legacy panels around a bit. 95% of the time the installation process does not affect current service.

Usually the new panels are mounted on an empty space, sometimes they do move the legacy panels around a bit. 95% of the time the installation process does not affect current service.

I went by one of the towers close to my house today and the top part of the tower was completely empty, im not 100% sure but i think they had some panels in there before, also, 3G was useless even when standing right next to the tower.

I went by one of the towers close to my house today and the top part of the tower was completely empty, im not 100% sure but i think they had some panels in there before, also, 3G was useless even when standing right next to the tower.

In some cases they do have to remove legacy equipment, but this is usually with the base stations, not the panels on the towers. However, anything is possible, right?

In some cases they do have to remove legacy equipment, but this is usually with the base stations, not the panels on the towers. However, anything is possible, right?
Right, i just hope it is NV coming to the tower. Not relevant but funny, I got full bars and really good 3g speeds the other day, :lol::rofl: stated jumping because i thought it was because of a NV upgrade. Next day i found out my neighbor got an Airave <_< <_< <_<

Right, i just hope it is NV coming to the tower. Not relevant but funny, I got full bars and really good 3g speeds the other day, :lol::rofl: stated jumping because i thought it was because of a NV upgrade. Next day i found out my neighbor got an Airave <_< <_< <_<

Are you sure the tower is Sprints? You may know this already, but if you become a sponsor of this site, you gain access to maps that show you exactly where every Sprint tower is in your market, and which towers have been accepted by Sprint with NV upgrades.

Are you sure the tower is Sprints? You may know this already, but if you become a sponsor of this site, you gain access to maps that show you exactly where every Sprint tower is in your market, and which towers have been accepted by Sprint with NV upgrades.

I know its sprint's because it was showing on their sprint.com/network website

I know its sprint's because it was showing on their sprint.com/network website

Ok, that's one way to check too. Just know that only a fraction of towers are on that site.

If you can get a picture of the tower, we may be able to tell you which part of the tower is Sprint.

Ok, that's one way to check too. Just know that only a fraction of towers are on that site.

If you can get a picture of the tower, we may be able to tell you which part of the tower is Sprint.

Thanks I will try to get a picture but the only good camera i have is the one from my phone, this is the tower on google maps 30.002812,-90.03759