Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Mee too I cannot wait untill LTE starts rolling here in Riverside County, I get decent speeds on 3G but when LTE rolls out my Evo will finally be put to the test :lol:

When I went to school at ucr, service was rock solid. I might be working in clairmont soon, any news for nv in that area? don't see anything on sensorly or the sb/riverside topic.

My buddy got 27 down/10 up near the Chinese consulate the other day. i am amped for the LA Metro LTE launch!

I was in the Whittier area visiting my GF's family on 3 different weekends and averaged 20+D/8+U. Can't wait to see what it does when it's live and configured perfectly.

Edited by smotrs

I would be happy with 20 down speeds but I just wish the general population does not abuse the use of unlimited...I see teens all the time steaming YouTube videos using like a free spotify service, not even looking at the video...

• Like 1

I was in Koreatown this weekend and got a solid 4G signal near Olympic/Western.

It was around 6mbps down/1mbps up. Much better than 3G service, but not the 20+/10+ I was expecting.

I wonder what the 4G speeds will be like in the IE once it finally rolls out here.

I was in Koreatown this weekend and got a solid 4G signal near Olympic/Western.

It was around 6mbps down/1mbps up. Much better than 3G service, but not the 20+/10+ I was expecting.

I wonder what the 4G speeds will be like in the IE once it finally rolls out here.

You likely had a pretty weak LTE signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Interesting ... http://shop2.sprint....an_details.html

This sounds like 6-8mbps download is going to be the typical speed ... 25mbps being peak speeds.

They only guarantee 6-8 because most people will not understand that they need really good signal to get the max speeds. Also, in an area where the cell sites are loaded up, speeds will start to slow into the 6-8 Mbps range.

They only guarantee 6-8 because most people will not understand that they need really good signal to get the max speeds. Also, in an area where the cell sites are loaded up, speeds will start to slow into the 6-8 Mbps range.

So do you have LTE?

If so, what is your typical download/upload speed?

Can you send a screenshot?

So do you have LTE?

If so, what is your typical download/upload speed?

Can you send a screenshot?

At my parents in KC with LTE fully deployed in their local area, I get 10-15Mbps at my house at any given time. Around town, I get have gotten speeds up to 32Mbps, though it's typically between 10 and 20. I don't spend a lot of time doing speed tests, as I know that since I have LTE, it will be fast enough for anything I need to do.

2013-01-21%2014.11.05.png

• Like 1

That's awesome!

So it sounds like it is reasonable to expect 10-20mbps download speeds when LTE is finally deployed in the Inland Empire!

Can't wait!

In places with a very good signal, yes.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

What I meant to say was that I just started picking up this eHRPD signal. Is this a good sign for LTE in my area?

eHRPD has been available since last fall for the whole market as I had it driving around the market back in October/November. I've noticed the Galaxy Nexus doesn't like to maintain eHRPD like other phones do. the Riverside/San Bernardino market has been in active deployment for a while now. LTE has not been enabled just yet, but it should start coming live soon for the Inland Empire.

eHRPD has been available since last fall for the whole market as I had it driving around the market back in October/November. I've noticed the Galaxy Nexus doesn't like to maintain eHRPD like other phones do. the Riverside/San Bernardino market has been in active deployment for a while now. LTE has not been enabled just yet, but it should start coming live soon for the Inland Empire.

Thank you for your quick replies and yes, my Nexus is witching from EVDO A to eHRPD quite often. So the eHRPD means the tower is upgraded?