Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

any accepted sites in red lands?

No sites accepted in Redlands.

Any accepted sites in Fontana/Bloomington?

Very very few sites accepted in Fontana/Bloomington.

You can always become a S4GRU Sponsor and have access to the Interactive Maps.

I don't know what it used to be like, but it is one of the better towns in this area.

That's good to know. I thought I heard somewhere that it was reduced to a crime ridden area. Glad it's not, and glad to hear that LTE is being turned on there.

I am looking at getting out of Rancho and over that way. Glendora/LaVerne/San Dimas are nice places. Rancho is full of fakers who think they have money but are just in crazy debt. As far as crime, I am not too worried about it. I grew up in Flint, MI. Murder capital of the US. Anything is safe compared to that place.

So that means there are no nv sites in Redlands?

Not yet. But deployment is over the whole market, including Redlands.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Does anyone know if there is lte in the la quinta area?

I posed about the Cathedral City area earlier in this thread. I saw work being done on two towers near my location. Over the past month there have some service interruptions so I imagine the towers were down temporarily for work. I saw new panels being installed and Sprint reps have confirmed NV upgrades here as well as further south. Hopefully we'll go live soon!

Knowing that LTE will be launching soon around the SB/Riverside counties, how is it looking for us around the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga borderline area?

P.S. My 3G speed tests go as low as .01/.01mbps up and download and rarely get to the .1 areas.

post-11133-0-50974400-1361455676_thumb.png

Edited by TheBigCandy

Knowing that LTE will be launching soon around the SB/Riverside counties, how is it looking for us around the Ontario/Rancho Cucamonga borderline area?

P.S. My 3G speed tests go as low as .01/.01mbps up and download and rarely get to the .1 areas.

Deployment is happening all over the Riverside/San Bernardino market. That includes Ontario and RC, as well as Corona, Fontana, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Hemet, Elsinore, Temecula, Victorville, Palm Springs, Indio, Twentynine Palms, Barstow, etc.

There is no specific time for any one community. Deployment is happening on a shotgun approach. Every site is being upgraded. Crews go to the very next site that is ready, regardless of where it is at. In your area, you will likely see one LTE site go live. And then a few weeks later another. And then another. Until the whole area is covered.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Deployment is happening all over the Riverside/San Bernardino market. That includes Ontario and RC, as well as Corona, Fontana, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Hemet, Elsinore, Temecula, Victorville, Palm Springs, Indio, Twentynine Palms, Barstow, etc.

There is no specific time for any one community. Deployment is happening on a shotgun approach. Every site is being upgraded. Crews go to the very next site that is ready, regardless of where it is at. In your area, you will likely see one LTE site go live. And then a few weeks later another. And then another. Until the whole area is covered.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Wow thanks for the rapid response! Much appreciated.

I just drove to Pomona, one of the only places here that recieved the improvement, and I was extremely impressed. Can't wait to have that connection all the time!

• Like 1

Looks like a NV backhaul upgraded site. Low pings (around 100ms), >1 mbps DL speeds, and UL speeds in the 500-1mbps bracket. Legacy backhaul never gets that kind of speed or ping these days.

OK this is weird.... I did a speed test on my dads iPhone and got 1.8 MPs down. And then I did a speed test in the same place right aftermy on my galaxy nexus and I got only .8 MPs down and I did another one on the iPhone and still got over 1 MPs. Whyget does my nexus get lower than the iPhone 5?

Edited by drewminerforgold

OK this is weird.... I did a speed test on my dads iPhone and got 1.8 MPs down. And then I did a speed test in the same place right aftermy on my galaxy nexus and I got only .8 MPs down and I did another one on the iPhone and still got over 1 MPs. Whyget does my nexus get lower than the iPhone 5?

The Galaxy Nexus has a weaker 1x/EVDO radio. Weaker signal can cause performance issues and slower speeds. I can definitely tell that compared to my friends iPhone 4S and my Galaxy Nexus.