Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

Once again' date=' thanks a lot for a quick reply. I do not have sprint yet, but I will be switching to it on the 27th due to expenses with other carriers. How can I know which areas have been upgraded/prepared for LTE and is just waiting to be launched? And according to the deployment page, San Diego is only at 15%, so we aren't too far behind. But sensorly doesn't show any active LTE in San Diego?[/quote']

Sensorly does show some active LTE in San Diego. The San Diego, IE and OC markets are literally being turned on and testing right now, gradually and slowly as towers are completed. Who knows- maybe by the 27th you will see LTE where you live.

There are several 3G Upgraded towers in your local area. 3 in particular bordering Fontana/Bloomington. Once LTE starts going live, I would imagine that it wouldn't take very long to see some decent LTE coverage in your area.

By the way, since you said several, does that mean sprints network site lies? Cause they show a lot more towers saying they have received some sort of upgrade.

v5j037.png

By the way, since you said several, does that mean sprints network site lies? Cause they show a lot more towers saying they have received some sort of upgrade.

v5j037.png

Upgrades can be anything within the past 6 months. It could be network vision upgrades. It could be legacy bandaid fixes. Hell it can even be maintenance for network vision towers. it's a never ending process for sprint in keeping towers up and running with minimal problems for the end user. They will always be on the lookout for places where they need to improve but in the next 3-6 months you can be sure that most of what shows up on Sprints site are NV upgrades.

Like lilotimz said, network.sprint.com doesn't necessarily lie, it just doesn't tell you exactly what those updates pertain too. It could be additional T1 lines for the legacy equipment, adding new carriers to existing cells for more capacity, or it very well could be NV upgrades. It's hard to tell. What we know for sure are the towers that have been accepted with NV upgrades. And there are far fewer of those than what you see on network.sprint.com. For now anyway.

Like lilotimz said, network.sprint.com doesn't necessarily lie, it just doesn't tell you exactly what those updates pertain too. It could be additional T1 lines for the legacy equipment, adding new carriers to existing cells for more capacity, or it very well could be NV upgrades. It's hard to tell. What we know for sure are the towers that have been accepted with NV upgrades. And there are far fewer of those than what you see on network.sprint.com. For now anyway.

So the 3 I was told that are upgraded that surrounds that area are the NV towers, are the ones ready for the upgrade?

So the 3 I was told that are upgraded that surrounds that area are the NV towers, are the ones ready for the upgrade?

Not totally sure I understand the question. They have already been upgraded to NV equipment. They're just waiting for Alcatel Lucent to start turning on the 4G side of the equipment.

You might consider becoming a site sponsor. Then you could see the maps for yourself, and you'll have an idea of where to start looking for LTE.

I work in Banning, CA. Any hope for LTE in the next two months? I believe there is only one tower here.

Don't know if it will be that soon, but the sites there are already bring worked on and they will receive LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Don't know if it will be that soon, but the sites there are already bring worked on and they will receive LTE.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Thank you Robert. These are the kind of terrible speeds I get in the office.

First two LTE sites accepted today in the Riverside/San Bernardino market. Details in the Sponsor forums: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__105682

Robert

• Like 3

Really?! Did you get any speedtests or map it on sensorly?

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

I've got an iPhone, but will try to get a screenshot of SpeedTest today at lunch, now that I know where the tower is. Great to see even one LTE go live in this area.. hopefully it will stay live and the others in the area will come up quickly as well!

• Like 2

Hi I'm in hemet, any LTE updates? Please and Thanks

I live in Hemet too, and Sprint coverage is not good at all.. They really need to add another tower. Frustrates me that other carriers put their equipment up on the Hemet High's Football light towers, but not Sprint.. As soon as you walk in the door of the high school you go to extended 0. That whole stretch on Stetson and to the south of Hemet out by the Western Center.. is almost nothing.. the two schools off State street there get no signal either. I did see Sprint finally did accept one tower in Hemet, but it isn't LTE live yet.

I live in Hemet too, and Sprint coverage is not good at all.. They really need to add another tower. Frustrates me that other carriers put their equipment up on the Hemet High's Football light towers, but not Sprint.. As soon as you walk in the door of the high school you go to extended 0. That whole stretch on Stetson and to the south of Hemet out by the Western Center.. is almost nothing.. the two schools off State street there get no signal either. I did see Sprint finally did accept one tower in Hemet, but it isn't LTE live yet.

I use to live off state by diamond valley school and it was bad drop calls no bars at all sometime the evo just had an X by the bars. I'm of Kirby now and I get very good almost full bars, I did see a yellow sprint truck on Florida and Kirby heading east I wonder if they are the ones doing the work?

now we can expect to see more towers going live every week?

Yes, this is likely. Stay tuned. I should have acceptance reports every few days for this market in the Sponsor section and maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Yes' date=' this is likely. Stay tuned. I should have acceptance reports every few days for this market in the Sponsor section and maps.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD[/quote']

Thanks! Can't wait.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner