Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

The site might be NV complete, but maybe waiting for fiber connections. Might take months to go online or might take days. 

Maybe you were getting LTE from a near site? or probably someone mapped during tv

Edited by MelonSplitter

This zone has been just incredibly slow to upgrade!  In Temecula we got one tower upgraded.. many months ago.. and a whopping one other tower has gone live since..  unless you are walking you go into and out of LTE so quickly here that I find it better to disable LTE on my iPhone.  My phone tries to hang on to a very weak LTE signal when a much stronger 3G signal is available.. both are terrible, but in most cases the 3G is better.  I suspect if there was any sort of overlap with LTE that would be different.. but the rate in which towers are accepted is so painful in Riverside County..  I see trucks with lifts working on towers all over the area, but to date not one of them has been a Sprint upgrade.. T-Mobile and Verizon mostly..  

I had hoped, as was the case in other areas, that once we saw a tower or two light up there would be others following quickly behind it..  this most certainly has not been the case.  It is rough to see Verizon put up a new tower in a location that already has Verizon 4G signal, and in a location where Sprint has no signal..  at a High School..  It is frustrating to not see progress on existing sparsely located towers, but even worse to see competitors putting up new towers to improve the 4G signal that is already there.. 

I am trying to be patient, as are most Sprint customers.. and I think we all realize this is a massive undertaking..  but the lack of any tangible progress is pretty rough..  As my wife constantly reminds me..  unlimited data that can't be accessed isn't worth much... for something that isn't worth much, I send Sprint a lot of money.

Oh well.. maybe next week.. or the one after...

• Like 2

This zone has been just incredibly slow to upgrade!  In Temecula we got one tower upgraded.. many months ago.. and a whopping one other tower has gone live since..  unless you are walking you go into and out of LTE so quickly here that I find it better to disable LTE on my iPhone.  My phone tries to hang on to a very weak LTE signal when a much stronger 3G signal is available.. both are terrible, but in most cases the 3G is better.  I suspect if there was any sort of overlap with LTE that would be different.. but the rate in which towers are accepted is so painful in Riverside County..  I see trucks with lifts working on towers all over the area, but to date not one of them has been a Sprint upgrade.. T-Mobile and Verizon mostly..  

I had hoped, as was the case in other areas, that once we saw a tower or two light up there would be others following quickly behind it..  this most certainly has not been the case.  It is rough to see Verizon put up a new tower in a location that already has Verizon 4G signal, and in a location where Sprint has no signal..  at a High School..  It is frustrating to not see progress on existing sparsely located towers, but even worse to see competitors putting up new towers to improve the 4G signal that is already there.. 

I am trying to be patient, as are most Sprint customers.. and I think we all realize this is a massive undertaking..  but the lack of any tangible progress is pretty rough..  As my wife constantly reminds me..  unlimited data that can't be accessed isn't worth much... for something that isn't worth much, I send Sprint a lot of money.

Oh well.. maybe next week.. or the one after...

Or the one after that! I feel your pain, I really do. It's frustrating as hell. I know there are people  here that will say "change carriers if your not happy", well that doesnt help. Stay positive my friend. 

Edited by MelonSplitter

Pretty good speeds for being 2.5 miles away from this LTE active tower. Voice was connecred to a 3g only tower which is just 1 block away.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk now Free

uploadfromtaptalk1381356665951.jpg

Where??

At college of the desert in Palm Desert, CA, so far I connect to LTE 65% of the time were ever I go so progress has been good in the far southeast of the riverside county.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk now Free

Does anyone know when LTE will be available in the UC Riverside Area?

My best guess would be before the end of the year, I know things have been slow in some areas, which also happened in the San Diego area and the boom it picked up quickly. I have the same hopes for the Riverside and San Bernardino counties and sensorly has proven that with every week or so showing more LTE expansion. Become a sponsor if you have not done so, it really keeps my hopes up every time I get updates on when and where LTE sites are active.   

How exactly do I sponsor and how much. I want LTE it's so fast.

Just go to the forums page and on the upper right you will see the donate button. Instructions will be there and after that a the sponsor section in the forums page will be open to you. keep in mind Robert (the head honcho) here is a bit busy, but your account should be promoted by tomorrow.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

here's the link with the information about becoming a sponsor 

• Like 1

Who feels that LTE coverage in the Inland Empire has surpassed WiMax? I know in many areas Wimax never came but Eastern L.A. County (Claremont, Glendora, Covina) has very strong WiMax and Western San B County (Upland, Rancho Cuc.) is spotty but ok. Keep in mind that Eastern L.A. County (San Gabriel Valley) is considered the Inland Empire for Network Vision purposes (afaik). I frequent these areas a great deal for work and don't want to jump the gun on LTE. I saw my GF's Evo LTE in Chino pull some fast speeds and my brother's Nexus in Fontana was good as well. I'm still on the fence however..

• Like 1

Is West Covina considered as part of the LA market or San Bernardino Market?

Considered LA Market

I was off citrus in West  Covina last night and had LTE service, inside the restaurant rolled back to 3G

Haven't seen any new activity in the San Bernardino area for some time now. Any thoughts?

I'm hoping that the logical explanation is that back haul has finally become available and most of the 3g accepted towers are starting to get it and soon LTE will poor down  :lol: .

I'm hoping that the logical explanation is that back haul has finally become available and most of the 3g accepted towers are starting to get it and soon LTE will poor down  :lol: .

I wish this were true!  There's a tower a block away from my house that has a lock on the gate that I turned upside down just to see if there was or has been any activity beyond the gate. This tower according to Sprint is already NV complete but still only transmits 3g. Back haul is not yet installed.  Needless to say the lock is still turned upside down. I pass by this tower everyday on my way to and from work.

• Like 1

I wish this were true!  There's a tower a block away from my house that has a lock on the gate that I turned upside down just to see if there was or has been any activity beyond the gate. This tower according to Sprint is already NV complete but still only transmits 3g. Back haul is not yet installed.  Needless to say the lock is still turned upside down. I pass by this tower everyday on my way to and from work.

NV is turned on in 3G in clusters, so it might be that the 3G that you're getting on your phone is being transmitted by legacy equipment. 

Legacy equipment is the old cabinets and panels on the tower that currently provide Sprint service. 

NV brings new equipment and new panels to the tower. Of course there are some exceptions. 

All towers will receive NV at some point. 

• Like 1