Network Vision/LTE - Riverside/San Bernardino Market (Inland Empire)

Stuntman

how are you guys doing in the inland empire/riverside area?

im consistently getting .20-.33 down in Jurupa/Eastvale.

data is currently useless because the speeds are so bad.

Speeds are good, and usable, no complains. I think LTE is helping a bit by alleviating the 3G traffic.

how are you guys doing in the inland empire/riverside area?

im consistently getting .20-.33 down in Jurupa/Eastvale.

data is currently useless because the speeds are so bad.

LTE is so spotty here in the inland empire with no new towers going live since I dont know when 10% of the time of day can I get a good 4G signal

LTE is so spotty here in the inland empire with no new towers going live since I dont know when 10% of the time of day can I get a good 4G signal

Agree. LTE is so spotty if your driving you only have LTE for a couple minutes.

Looks like a tower flipped it's switch with LTE in lake Elsinore . Lake Elsinore and canyon lake is looking good with LTE coverage.

Yep I mapped it from the top of kimbal down the tower is at the top of the mountain

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

When is LTE coming to the Riverside market? I'm getting frustrated that Corona, Chino some parts of Ontario have LTE already.... whats going on?? 

supposedly real soon,official launch this month,I don't think so. I feel your frustration jes.

I drove from Riverside (where I live), to Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, back to Riverside, and then through Corona to Yorba Linda today. All cities minus Riverside have some form of LTE. So hopefully it happens pretty quick here.

I mean, Victorville/Hesperia/Adelanto? Really? I wonder if Sprint planned this or they are just building up where theu are permitted by the local municipalities at any given time.

I drove from Riverside (where I live), to Victorville, Hesperia, Adelanto, back to Riverside, and then through Corona to Yorba Linda today. All cities minus Riverside have some form of LTE. So hopefully it happens pretty quick here.

I mean, Victorville/Hesperia/Adelanto? Really? I wonder if Sprint planned this or they are just building up where theu are permitted by the local municipalities at any given time.

Thats possible. Hopefully not true

These set ups require multiple subcontractors.  The easier it is for the subcontractors to complete the work, the faster acceptence of sites becomes.  Sprint PLANNED for the 38,000 sites to be worked on by subcontractors, who had to get permits, backhaul, equipment, etc. approved and purchased to complete the work.  Some of that work is subcontracted out, so there are even more variables that dictate when sites are accepted.

Sprints issue is only whom they subcontracted out to.  Municipalities and vendors and subcontractors are the issue for the majority of the work being done.

These set ups require multiple subcontractors.  The easier it is for the subcontractors to complete the work, the faster acceptence of sites becomes.  Sprint PLANNED for the 38,000 sites to be worked on by subcontractors, who had to get permits, backhaul, equipment, etc. approved and purchased to complete the work.  Some of that work is subcontracted out, so there are even more variables that dictate when sites are accepted.

Sprints issue is only whom they subcontracted out to.  Municipalities and vendors and subcontractors are the issue for the majority of the work being done.

I don't think this is the reason. I could see if a new tower is being installed then There would be a setback because of planning,hiring subs,planning commision meetings,etc. Pulling a permit does not take over a month to issue especially if the tower is already there. You can't argue that work has bogged down quite a bit. Please point me in the direction where "Municipalities,vendors and subcontractors" are to blame.

I don't think this is the reason. I could see if a new tower is being installed then There would be a setback because of planning,hiring subs,planning commision meetings,etc. Pulling a permit does not take over a month to issue especially if the tower is already there. You can't argue that work has bogged down quite a bit. Please point me in the direction where "Municipalities,vendors and subcontractors" are to blame.

Visit the Hawaii thread for an example.  I know in Huntington Beach, permits for upgrades are $10k, i have towers within a few miles of my residence that have delays for back-haul. 

You can look up permits in SB county here.

I don't know your experience in any construction field, but getting engineers to sign off on work is not just a quick look and you're done.

What we do not know is why the acceptance from sprint is delayed, what is the cause for any delay in acceptance and what criteria are not met during the acceptance process.  Become a sponsor and you can see some information you're not privy to as a member, but i won't sit here and attempt to persuade you that there are other people delaying this outside of sprint.

• 2 weeks later...

Pickup 4g in Hemet as I walk to pickup my granddaughter from school cawston and Menlo ill be mapping it out, my speed test have been 23.92mbps download and 4.96 Mbps uploads, hope it stays

I used to get excited about them kinds of numbers here in Sbdno city too. Its just not consistent. The towers are too far apart from each other that it makes 4G seem like a cruel and very bad joke that it plays on you. Because of this I've been cussing and swearing like a trucker with hemmoroids. I get so freaking mad when I see 4 bars of 4g and am only picking up .09 mbps down.

Looks like the tower where the 10 and the 215 intersect on the Colton side flipped the switch with it's LTE. I passed by there and I got full 5 bars of LTE on my home from school. I have an iphone so I couldn't map it. If anyone has an android and is driving on the freeway there please map it

• Like 1

Just to reinforce how wrong you are, observe:

http://cap.ci.clovis.ca.us/CAP/Site/Permit/View/ByPermitNumber/CMBN-001345-2013

Just what is it you want me to observe? that after the issue date the work was finalized in 2 weeks? Maybe I'm not reading that permit right.

Just what is it you want me to observe? that after the issue date the work was finalized in 2 weeks? Maybe I'm not reading that permit right.

Application date to issue date has been known to range anywhere from 1 day all the way to 6 months, or more. Some cities are extremely picky with cell sites. In Henderson, NV, there are many that take 2 months or more from application to issue, and that's on all carriers.

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2