Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Ok so I've been following this post for quite some time, finally had something decent to add to the conversation so I broke down and signed up.

Spoke with customer service yesterday regarding lte. Although they told me there was nothing in the works in terms of LTE in my town, they did say there were 2 towers within 10 miles that were currently being upgraded to LTE. Driving home from dinner last night I noticed there was a tower across from the McDonald's distribution center in Enfield that had all sorts of stuff (rope pulleys etc) hanging off of it. Hopefully it's LTE in progress...

I drove by this morning, and noticed that one of the racks now has no panels on it.  I'm assuming that they are either putting in new Sprint panels soon or they cleaned off the Nextel ones. 

Does anyone know of, or has anyone seen any work going on in the Cromwell / Portland area? I've noticed over the last couple of months data has gone from abysmal to nonexistent. Now it's gotten to where I either have to reverse tether or force roam. FWIW, I'm about a half mile from Rte 99 where signal is still somewhat usable.

While at Hamonasset Beach, caught some 800 testing with my digiblur prl. It was only on Monday, didn't work all that well, stopped being there around 430, and didn't come back yesterday or today. Pretty cool to see it light up at all in CT though.

uploadfromtaptalk1376530389149.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Maybe this is the domino that shows the market is going to hit high gear. Next few weeks will either show the stone is rolling or the LTE acceptance was a fluke and not an indicator of real, prolonged progress.

I can confirm, absolutely no progress started on tower at Bradley Airport. Saw up close and personal. People i saw a few weeks ago were working off panels connected to metro pcs cabinets (tmobile now right?)

• Like 1

I can confirm, absolutely no progress started on tower at Bradley Airport. Saw up close and personal. People i saw a few weeks ago were working off panels connected to metro pcs cabinets (tmobile now right?)

Uuuggghhh.... That's not good. Service in the Locks has been awful for me lately. I had no service at all by Spring St. earlier today. Almost as bad as Cromwell.
  • Like 1

Yea basically if you are withing 1500 feet of the CT river in East Windsor or Windsor Locks your service is bad or non existent. 800 or more towers is the only fix for that. Nextel was really strong in that lower valley area, but Sprint never has been.

Had to run out to the mall tonight, so I meandered around and did some of the mapping on the site that went live.

First Northern CT LTE site to be mapped! Great sign!

• Like 2

Where is the map, is there a link to it?

The map is one of the perks of being an S4GRU sponsor. We track the location and upgrade status of all Sprint cell sites.

Here's some more information: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Had to run out to the mall tonight, so I meandered around and did some of the mapping on the site that went live.

First Northern CT LTE site to be mapped! Great sign!

I'm heading up me that way today I'll make sure to turn in mapping and see what we got

I checked sensory, awesome job mapping!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

my first time posting..from what i have been told by sprint reps in the network engineering dept. that the towers on the west side of meriden being w.main and s.vine st...and hanover st are to be upgraded with in 3-6 months and this info was as of july 1st. the last time i seen any crew on the tower on w.main st was back in january/febuary and recently in the begining of august but the company didnt look like a cell crew but maybe for hunters radios as i talked to a employee and they have been working the bugs out of there system. just upgraded to a LTE device and want to do some LTE testing which i know is live at the mall, the old fosdick building on s.broad st behind starbucks, and a building on paddock ave. down the street from the state police academy. keeping my fingers crossed for some NV upgrades soon here as i to know what the service has been like on this side of town..im including my findings from the last time a saw a crew at hunters.post-9065-0-08166400-1376898001_thumb.jpg

post-9065-0-36844700-1376898025_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

my first time posting..from what i have been told by sprint reps in the network engineering dept. that the towers on the west side of meriden being w.main and s.vine st...and hanover st are to be upgraded with in 3-6 months and this info was as of july 1st

That sounds like good info. Means the rep was actually looking at the NV schedule. Unfortunately, it doesn't get any more specific than: "Less than 3 Months" - or - "3-6 Months" - or - "it's not on the schedule".

• Like 1

Talked to 2nd tier ticket support and supervisors in network support who when talking to them you know they know what there talking about, and he assured that NV is going forward but all the red tape they can possibly run into has popped up...but both hanover st. And w.main st are both getting 3G and 4G upgrades and hanover st being on the priority side in a nutshell he related that both towers should be upgraded 3-6 months and made it sound like 6 months being the longest scenario...have eyes on both towers and as soon as i see a crew i will take pictures and maybe try and get some info from one of the crew members.

• Like 1

I walk past the tower all the time on westmain/south vine for work and was wondering about that tower thanks I can't wait for it to go love so I can have LTE all over Meriden

Just an FYI haven't seen an update on here (been checking regularly) was at my in-laws house in Manchester and I was connected to LTE... Best speeds I've seen on my iPhone 4.26Mbps download and 0.82 upload, still slow compared to other networks I've had but a huge progress compared to my normal...

• Like 1

Man as if my service wasn't already bad now I'm dealing with random moments of roaming for ten to fifteen minutes before my service comes back or my 3G would freeze from time to time and just keep blinking the up arrow till I toggle airplane mode on and off. Is this what tower upgrades look like? Because man I been harassing Sprint all week and they swear up and down nothings wrong in the area.

Man as if my service wasn't already bad now I'm dealing with random moments of roaming for ten to fifteen minutes before my service comes back or my 3G would freeze from time to time and just keep blinking the up arrow till I toggle airplane mode on and off. Is this what tower upgrades look like? Because man I been harassing Sprint all week and they swear up and down nothings wrong in the area.

What device and where about are you? That happens to me a lot on the HTC One during signal hand off.