Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

I learned that the standard permit paperwork from the fire marshals office in East Windsor passed through for at least the western side, which would cover the two towers closest to the highway.  I guess most carriers have been passing this paperwork across, but its an indication that at least the 2 western East Windsor towers should be getting attention real soon.

The real question is, why does a fire marshal have to sign off on it?  Ughhh I hate CT sometimes.

• Like 1

The real question is, why does a fire marshal have to sign off on it?  Ughhh I hate CT sometimes.

Part of the building permit process. Makes sure things don't catch on fire! A burnt cell site is a bad cell site!

True. Burning down would be bad!

I knew it is part of the process, it was a more of "why the hell does this state screw everything up with regulation"

Sent from my Galaxy S3

I was at Sonny's Place in Somers today, and there is a cell tower across the street which I assume has sprint, since my phone was showing a -60 RSSI (Thanks to this board I got the Signal Check Pro app to watch all the numbers).  I was getting 2000kbps/1100kbps and about an 88ms ping to Boston there.  Seems like if the tower hasn't been upgraded, at least the backhaul is sufficient.  Maybe this one will be done soon.  

• Like 1

there is a tower in bridgeport that now has LTE and is not listed on the NVsites complete thread. who do i submit the coordinates to?

We don't take submissions for live sites anymore. It was too problematic. We now only post them when accepted by Sprint. So you most likely have a site being tested if it hasn't been accepted by Sprint. Thanks for the report!

:thx:

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Somewhat disappointing how the majority of the surrounding areas have had LTE active, but Milford is still dark. No clear signs of NV either. 

my tower keeps shutting down every other tower has 3g accepted but sprint is skipping this one for now. And its bitting them in the butt

Yeah at least it's on sensory. It's very light gray so I'm not sure where the tower was that was mapped! That'd be so awesome to be the first northern ct Lte site lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When did sensorly start doing that?  I havent mapped in a while in my area, but i have mapped with my S3.  Including that very area, and all around it, it was never gray.

I am going down near that tower by South Windsor PD now.  Going to do a full tour of EW/Broad Brook.  Camera in hand.  Yea.  I know.  I am a wack job.  But I have been sick for 3 days and need to go outside, and what better a time than in this thunderstorm?

Ok, did a full tour of East Windsor, northern South Windsor, some of Windsor Locks, southern Enfield.  Definitely no LTE in any shape or form, anywhere.  Left sensorly and signal check going the whole time, frequently scanning, checking engineering screen.  Nada.

Did get some pictures of the accepted tower in South Windsor, took some of the tower that hasnt had any work yet on Rt 5 in East Windsor (by Hotcakes).  Will check them out, and if they are worth posting, I will.  Took them with my canon digital camera and 300mm zoom lens, but its murky out today. 

For me, if I put it into LTE only mode and Sensorly map it will turn gray if no LTE signal is present.

Robert from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

With some help from lilotimz I was able to learn successfully who is Sprint on that tower.  I have some pics of an East Windsor tower as well.  Still no LTE though anywhere around, the EW sites have no work started that I can see anyway.  

My tower by my house, the one on the water tank, has been offline for nearly a week.  There is definitely no work going on.  Sprint gave me a network ticket when I called Tuesday (I figured 5 days of not being able to use my phone inside without roaming was enough), and of course, they dont tell me if its NV work, or broken, or whatever.  But, they said it would be fixed by today, which, it still isnt unfortunately.  You get spoiled living next to a cell tower, until said cell tower breaks, and you are smack dab in the middle of 4 others, eating your battery, fighting for signal.

• Like 1

There's a tower less than a mile from me in Ellington, and for some reason my phone doesn't ever want to connect to it, it wants to connect to the tower 5 miles away... Sigh. If it wasn't for the airave at home I would have had to jump ship already!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

That's an awesome looking site!

How do I find out if a tower is Sprints? About two months ago I took a pic of what I thought was a Sprint tower but was never sure so I never shared. I always look up to see if I see a man working on it when I pass by lol. Looks similar to the one dstar posted except this one has a wider pole not made of wood.

Edit: Added picture. What you guys think? Let me know if I was off assuming it was so I can remove it. Ugh nevermind keep getting file too big error lol

Edited by RayTrue04
  • Like 1

I dont see a pictures.......

If you become a sponsor, you can see the list of all sites, and sites that have been completed and to what degree.  You should check it out.

In a follow up to my tower in East Windsor, its still offline, they have now pushed the date to July 3 at best, and they did offer me a little service credit, which was nice of them.  Student, can you pm me the site information for the tower near you?  I want to go see if I can locate it and take a few pictures.