Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

the tower behind starbucks is indeed a LTE tower and has been since about january/febuary...what they were doing there wouldnt have a clue but maybe adding more as far as NV upgrades...hopefully that is a good sign as to work coming to the w.main st tower and hanover st. here in meriden..those 2 towers are the last 2 that need to be upgraded and so desperately need it...thanks for the update and photo banananuts87.

I believe on tower near me got backhaul its getting 1.8 down and 1.1upload!  I was for 3g that's amazing.  I just don't understand all the towers around me are full builds and one closest to me is a gmo.  That constantly goes offline.

• Like 1

the tower that serves my area is by far the worst ive seen in almost 8 years...pings as high as 2400 ms and download is 0.03 mbps and upload is about the same...after even speaking with tier 2 engineers they all say its capacity issues, and at times if im not connected to wi-fi my phone is useless for data...so i know your pain timh...the last bit of info i heard as of july 1st was 3-6 months when all the upgrades would be finished...so lets keep our fingers crossed..the sooner the better!!...lol

• Like 1

Caught some LTE in farmington, at the intersection of farmington ave and RT4, where it dumps into I-84, tried to map it but I was too slow.  I'll see if it's there tomorrow!

Looking promising, hoping ubiquitous 800mhz will be here soon

• Like 1

Had to drive to Hartford twice today, went through north end first time, south end second time, no LTE or 800 either time.  (see my rhyme).

I havent caught a blip from that Bloomfied tower shooting off 800 again either.  

I did see some tower workers off i91 near Jennings Rd.  So when I made my way home through the north end, I naturally had to take a closer look.  Appears to be ATT work unfortunately.  The trucks on the ground actually had small ATT stickers on them, but the rack they were working on also appeared to be non sprint legacy.  I took pictures with my cell phone, but they suck.  It was rainy and gray.  If I am wrong, and its the Sprint rack, someone, please let me know.

towerworkhartford.jpg

• Like 1

Did some mapping of the South Windsor tower that went LTE live.  Came in from the north and looped up next to it, and exited back to the north.  You can see on sensorly, the coverage is less than impressive.  This site needs some work to its northern side.  I could only get LTE within 1 mile of it.  The next closest site to the North is about 4 miles, but it isnt touched at all yet.

Definately not downtown meriden, been losing 3g connection and at times for long periods of time, and signal has been flucuating all over the place along with voice quaility being an issue...have no idea what is up with that tower on hanover st. Far as i know work hasnt even begun on hanover or w.main st yet...hopefully soon.

I ran a good chunk of King St, Old King St, Weymouth Rd, Post Office Rd, South Rd, Oliver Rd, and Rte 91 and hit a few smaller side streets, but it was raining heavy and visibility was terrible. Data is still uploading.

Edited by hockeyfamily737
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that was you, entering from Steele Rd off of Rte 140?

yes sir. I'll probably hit more this week and fill in the entire area that isn't mapped. Unless someone beats me too it lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Finally picked up LTE in Hartford. It's coming and going so they must've just hit the switch on the tower!

I thought I was losing my mind when I looked and saw LTE on 91 by the Science Center, I had mapping on at the time, but I'm not seeing it on the map yet at any zoom level.

yes sir. I'll probably hit more this week and fill in the entire area that isn't mapped. Unless someone beats me too it lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I mapped some out west of the river on RTE 159, came across the river turned onto Depot Hill Rd and dropped it, picked it back up at the top of Depot Hill rd and went up Mullen Rd to the where you cut across.  It didn't hold well at all on Mullen Rd.  I had to stop and toggle airplane mode constantly.  Had my HTC One and my daughter's S3 with me.  My wife swears she had LTE this morning in Windsor Locks on Elm St, but I couldn't replicate her findings.

Edited by hockeyfamily737

I thought I was losing my mind when I looked and saw LTE on 91 by the Science Center, I had mapping on at the time, but I'm not seeing it on the map yet at any zoom level.

Yeah I tried mapping it too but as soon as I tried opening up Sensorly it reverted back to 3G. Came back tried again and gone.. Hasn't came back since :'( lol