Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Updates have been flying on the map like crazy.  Got some nice pictures I will post Thursday of a recently converted site before and after.

If you arent a sponsor, you are missing out, the maps are going nuts every time they update.  We are in that exciting phase now.

• Like 1

Updates have been flying on the map like crazy.  Got some nice pictures I will post Thursday of a recently converted site before and after.

If you arent a sponsor, you are missing out, the maps are going nuts every time they update.  We are in that exciting phase now.

Its the end of the month push by the contractors to get paid :tu: , and I'm not complaining at all.

talk to a rep yesterday because of 3g data and voice issues and sapposeibly a work order for NV has opened sept.30th for the tower on hanover st. at minimum we should see 3g improvements if not LTE to start to come on..lets keep our fingers crossed as to the tower on w.main st should be right along with it.

• Like 1

I hope Newington gets some 4g love soon too.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

Newington was one of the first northern markets to see LTE light up. It's not much but there's a Lil section mapped on the turnpike. Looks like it's coming from the Sprint store location. Edited by RayTrue04

Newington was one of the first northern markets to see LTE light up. It's not much but there's a Lil section mapped on the turnpike. Looks like it's coming from the Sprint store location.

I actually mapped that turnpike section a few weeks ago on my way thru, that section is way south of the sprint store & Newington. Still in the Meriden (southern market) section of the turnpike where there are few stores,etc.

I had turned off mapping so there is still more to be mapped there, heading south, since I had to reload sensorly, etc.

Picking up 800 out of Tolland/Vernon right now.  Been active about 15 minutes so far.  I am in East Windsor, and have a useable signal inside my house, from a tower 10+ miles away, as the crow flies.  not too shabby.  

2013-10-04%2015.15.19.png

2013-10-04%2015.15.46.png

2013-10-04%2015.20.46.png

• Like 1

What is the 800MHz signal that everyone is so excited about?

It's nice to see all of the LTE sites coming online. Of course, where I live in West Hartford (bishops corner) and where I work in Hartford (Hartford Hospital) don't have any 4G, but it will get here soon  :)

Catching that Vernon 800 again this morning. I would love for them to fire up the entire area now

800 is a two part project.  First and foremost, 800mhz range service offers much better penetration through objects such as trees and buildings.  So overall, you are more likely to get a stronger, or even weak useable signal, where you got none before.  The first phase is 800 voice.  The second phase is 800 LTE data.  Currently, everything operates at 1900, which causes signal loss much more quickly.  

I was in a hotel in March, no 800 service live, and I was only roaming.  I couldnt use sprint service.  Came back the end of August when 800 was active, and i had excellent coverage.

Here is more info: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2358-everything-800mhz-1xa-lte-coverage-timeline-etc/

Its official..w.main st tower is under going upgrades and work is sappose to be completed 10/8/2013 8pm eastern time..so more of the west side should be seeing there 4G symbols come on soon...dont forget to map it on sensorly!!

• Like 1

I saw people on the tower above the Windsor Locks police station last week. I assumed it was NV, but couldn't verify.

I saw them too. Likewise, I couldn't tell what they were doing.

Sent from my RM-915_nam_usa_228 using Tapatalk

yup no LTE but they did do a 1900mhz 3g upgrade and LTE is gonna be in the next 2/3 months..spoke with a rep that has the tools to see alot and what is being done where and from what he saw and whats being done is little increment upgrades being done at a time to each tower..so its a slow process but is moving forward from now until december...i drive by w.main st everyday back and forth to work and live in the are so my eyes are peeled, but the count down has begun.

• Like 1