Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

I spoke to a Sprint chat representative who told me 1900mhz would be completed in the Northern CT market in 3 months. If anyone knows, is that accurate?

There is no way the entire market will be completed in 3 months.  I will bet my next paycheck on that.

Could a majority be done?  Maybe.  There is still 0 LTE in the market.  So even getting enough LTE going to do a "Sprint PR Launch" is unlikely at best.

I think within 3 months we will see some LTE around here sure, but not much.  My first prediction was we would see LTE sometime in June, others predicted even earlier, but here we are in August with 0 LTE.

I keep saying 2014 we'll see lte... Lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

I'll make a wager that you are wrong, 10 dollar donation to the site, in the name of the winner. Interested? :-P

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 2

Any updates on the 4G rollout in greater Hartford? I also recently bought a Virgin Mobile 4G LTE phone, but of course I can only use 3G speeds where I live in West Hartford. I see on the Sprint network website about "data capacity" and "data speed" upgrades at the towers near my house. Are these upgrades related to 3G or 4G?

You get 3G data speeds in West Hartford?  Sure you arent on wifi?   :lol:

Well, actually i am on wifi at my house. But... in the street, I do get 3G speeds. Sometimes up to 1-2Mbps.

• Like 1

So I just created an account but I've been following the site almost everyday, I was on the phone with a customer care rep and she told me Lte should be up and running in the Hartford area by the end of August! Now I don't know if this is true or not because they have told false information about this before.

So I just created an account but I've been following the site almost everyday, I was on the phone with a customer care rep and she told me Lte should be up and running in the Hartford area by the end of August! Now I don't know if this is true or not because they have told false information about this before.

Don't hold your breath.. They say anything to get you to stay and not B**** @ them.

Edited by RayTrue04

Don't hold your breath.. They say anything to get you to stay and not B**** @ them.

I agree with the dont hold your breath.  You might see something LTE wise light up, but really, dont bank on it.  I am still sort of baffled by the lack of any LTE blips in this market, Rhode Island too.  At this point, you can drive from Washington DC to Boston and only loose LTE in this area and Rhode Island, otherwise, you might have it the whole way.

These two markets were probably not a priority due to the lower population numbers, but then again, 10 miles north of me, I can get LTE in Springfield in the Mass market, and 20 miles south of me in the Southern CT market, so population change really cant be that drastic.

I dont know.  I wish we were lucky enough to know the rationales for priorities and reasoning's for a lack of progress better.  This is what makes it fun though.  Too bad gas is so expensive, I have to stop driving around checking things out so much LOL

• Like 1

Ok so I've been following this post for quite some time, finally had something decent to add to the conversation so I broke down and signed up.

Spoke with customer service yesterday regarding lte. Although they told me there was nothing in the works in terms of LTE in my town, they did say there were 2 towers within 10 miles that were currently being upgraded to LTE. Driving home from dinner last night I noticed there was a tower across from the McDonald's distribution center in Enfield that had all sorts of stuff (rope pulleys etc) hanging off of it. Hopefully it's LTE in progress...

• Like 1

Ok so I've been following this post for quite some time, finally had something decent to add to the conversation so I broke down and signed up.

Spoke with customer service yesterday regarding lte. Although they told me there was nothing in the works in terms of LTE in my town, they did say there were 2 towers within 10 miles that were currently being upgraded to LTE. Driving home from dinner last night I noticed there was a tower across from the McDonald's distribution center in Enfield that had all sorts of stuff (rope pulleys etc) hanging off of it. Hopefully it's LTE in progress...

That's funny because I  drove by that tower yesterday and it looked like they updated it.

It's maddening to buy a new flagship device every 6 months or so, then drive up and down Rte 91 between Windsor Locks and Cromwell with no LTE and barely acceptable 3G.  Once I saw LTE light up heading into Agawam a few months ago, I thought for sure it would keep moving into CT, but it just never seems to progress.  Here we are again; heading into Q4, new devices on the horizon with Snapdragon 800's and another big decision to make.... stick it out or jump ship.

It's maddening to buy a new flagship device every 6 months or so, then drive up and down Rte 91 between Windsor Locks and Cromwell with no LTE and barely acceptable 3G.  Once I saw LTE light up heading into Agawam a few months ago, I thought for sure it would keep moving into CT, but it just never seems to progress.  Here we are again; heading into Q4, new devices on the horizon with Snapdragon 800's and another big decision to make.... stick it out or jump ship.

Stick it out.

Looks like the first LTE site in this market has been accepted. Check out the sponsors map.

What is the sponsor's map? What does it mean that an LTE site has been accepted?