Network Vision/LTE - Northern & Southern Connecticut Markets (includes all cities)

shmget

Most S-CT is full build. There's a lot of GMO's in the N-CT market.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

I was all over Hartford Friday, then went to the Kid Rock concert at Comcast theater, no LTE anywhere around Hartford. I do think some backhaul has been tied in on the completed sites because my 3g speeds stayed decent, except during one concert intermission.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

They're currently working on the towers in my area as I'm typing this. My phone is going crazy from ehrpd to 1xrtt to roaming. Called Sprint to see whats going on with my service and the rep said they're upgrading three towers in my area. One is already complete and they're working on the second one by Tower Ave and Blue hills Ave. Let's see how many weeks before I see a 4G icon..

• Like 2

Most S-CT is full build. There's a lot of GMO's in the N-CT market.

Robert from Note 2 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

There's a couple towers that are 3g complete and a gmo.  One closest to me and the rrus are on the ground. 

I couldn't confirm the panels being worked on, but saw several workers hanging off the frames supporting panels today on top of the Sheraton Hotel at Bradley Airport. They were clearly running cable and doing panel work, but I couldn't be sure who the panels belonged too from my distance. Northeast Tower was the contractor (few trucks on the ground) not sure it was Sprint, but vzw and att definitely did their work for LTE and what not. Panels looked to be size of NV from my distance.

Who knows. If I get a better look later this week I will know, but maybe we will see it accepted soon. Would be sweet!

• Like 2

They're currently working on the towers in my area as I'm typing this. My phone is going crazy from ehrpd to 1xrtt to roaming. Called Sprint to see whats going on with my service and the rep said they're upgrading three towers in my area. One is already complete and they're working on the second one by Tower Ave and Blue hills Ave. Let's see how many weeks before I see a 4G icon..

I had the same problem but they didn't know why the tower was down.  Untill after 3 weeks I got a supervisor to look into it.  I live in southern ct.   But my towers a gmo weird but speeds are 2 down and 1 up

• Like 1

I had the same problem but they didn't know why the tower was down. Untill after 3 weeks I got a supervisor to look into it. I live in southern ct. But my towers a gmo weird but speeds are 2 down and 1 up

Well for me she just looked into the system and was like it's tower upgrades in my area and gave me their locations. I have a steady 3G connection now but it's no longer EHRPD, now it's EVDO since yesterday. Hopefully we'll see 4G in the coming weeks. My sprint account shows 154kb of LTE usage and I have not travelled to any LTE ready sites so idk where that came from. It's the second time my account shows 4G LTE usage..

Edited by RayTrue04

Well for me she just looked into the system and was like it's tower upgrades in my area and gave me their locations. I have a steady 3G connection now but it's no longer EHRPD, now it's EVDO since yesterday. Hopefully we'll see 4G in the coming weeks. My sprint account shows 154kb of LTE usage and I have not travelled to any LTE ready sites so idk where that came from. It's the second time my account shows 4G LTE usage..

my 3g ping is 66ms now! Droped from 90

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing around here...... Damn. Was really hoping by now we would see some LTE in the market.

anyone see any work going on?

• Like 1

Wow I can't believe this! Impatiently waiting for 4G LTE from Sprint to no availability then I decide to look up TMobiles progress and sure enough they are beginning to light up LTE. How does the forth carrier make more progress when Sprint started way before them? Even most of NY is lit up already by T-Mobile and they're just starting..

Wow I can't believe this! Impatiently waiting for 4G LTE from Sprint to no availability then I decide to look up TMobiles progress and sure enough they are beginning to light up LTE. How does the forth carrier make more progress when Sprint started way before them? Even most of NY is lit up already by T-Mobile and they're just starting..

This has been posted many times over in other threads. Tmobile already had backhaul there so they just slap on a new antenna, hook up the radio to the backhaul and leave. They don't touch the old stuff.

Sprint is replacing everything on the site. Takes longer but it works out better in the long run.

This has been posted many times over in other threads. Tmobile already had backhaul there so they just slap on a new antenna, hook up the radio to the backhaul and leave. They don't touch the old stuff.

Sprint is replacing everything on the site. Takes longer but it works out better in the long run.

I still find it inexcusable. Sprint's network has been shot down since 2010. I stuck around out of loyalty since they were the first carrier I ever chose once I was 18 ten years ago. The Tri-State area should've been one of the first thing on their list in all honesty. Not Puerto Rico and other small islands/towns.. These towers are so overcapacity it's no joke.

• Like 1

I still find it inexcusable. Sprint's network has been shot down since 2010. I stuck around out of loyalty since they were the first carrier I ever chose once I was 18 ten years ago. The Tri-State area should've been one of the first thing on their list in all honesty. Not Puerto Rico and other small islands/towns.. These towers are so overcapacity it's no joke.

No one is forcing you to stay. I was just explaining why it takes longer to build a new speed boat than to just bolt on a new motor.

No one is forcing you to stay. I was just explaining why it takes longer to build a new speed boat than to just bolt on a new motor.

Actually someone is forcing me, Sprint. Five contracts to be exact. Well at least three are almost up in Dec. If things don't look better by then I'll make the switch. I'm still rooting for them and hoping I don't have to. Just a bit annoyed and disappointed, that's all. Hopefully in the coming weeks towers get fired up since they been working in the area for some time now.

Actually someone is forcing me, Sprint. Five contracts to be exact. Well at least three are almost up in Dec. If things don't look better by then I'll make the switch. I'm still rooting for them and hoping I don't have to. Just a bit annoyed and disappointed, that's all. Hopefully in the coming weeks towers get fired up since they been working in the area for some time now.

dont give up hope.  LTE is starting to pop up everywhere.  I live in southern ct it mixed with full builds and gmos. Seeing lte at full builds and 3g at gmo. 

• Like 1

Blame the state government. The process to upgrade anything is painful, and we really don't have a ton of fiber in the ground state wide yet. Its getting there, but takes time.

That being said, we aren't waiting for backhaul everywhere, site progress overall has been lower than I thought it would be this summer. I am surprised the airport doesn't have LTE yet. Of all the places Sprint should want too shine.

• Like 1

I saw tower climbers on the tower near Exit 46 on I-91 this afternoon.  They were working on the third rack from the top, and possibly the second.  Maybe this is a good sign.

Hate to say this, but the wait was just too much, and my wife started to really complain, so we switched to Verizon three weeks ago.  Not trying to be negative about Sprint here, but Verizon is working better for our needs.  I'm still hanging around here, as I'm interested to see how the new network performs.  I will probably keep my Nexus 4G around, in case I want to try a prepaid at some point to see what things are like.

Will continue to report things if I see them.

• Like 1

I understand the complaints. I do find it frustrating I can't stream Pandora in my car. Or that I roam 100% of the time at work and can't make a call without roaming. I'm hoping full builds start soon and 800mhz helps

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hate to say this, but the wait was just too much, and my wife started to really complain, so we switched to Verizon three weeks ago.  Not trying to be negative about Sprint here, but Verizon is working better for our needs.

:(

For this very reason, I have been holding off on marriage until Sprint completes Network Vision.

I saw tower climbers on the tower near Exit 46 on I-91 this afternoon. They were working on the third rack from the top, and possibly the second. Maybe this is a good sign.

Hate to say this, but the wait was just too much, and my wife started to really complain, so we switched to Verizon three weeks ago. Not trying to be negative about Sprint here, but Verizon is working better for our needs. I'm still hanging around here, as I'm interested to see how the new network performs. I will probably keep my Nexus 4G around, in case I want to try a prepaid at some point to see what things are like.

Will continue to report things if I see them.

I will take a swing by tomorrow and see if I see some work at the site. Will have to take pictures from across the cow field, from route 5, but hopefully it is Sprint work. I think Sprint is on the third rack, but I'm going by memory. That sites location makes it a pain to see, u less you are the passenger in the car. :blink:

I drove by again this morning, and it looked like there were RRUs behind some new panels.  Looks like things are happening around here! 

Does anyone know, can I activate my old phone on Boostmobile right away, or do I have to wait 6 months.  I thought I heard with some carriers they make you wait.  I'd just do a daily prepaid android plan, and use it once in awhile to see how things are progressing.

I drove by that tower at 930 and started to post, forgot to finish it.. Just getting too it. Hell of a day.... Anyway

It is appearing to be in progress. I didn't get my camera close enough to take pictures, except from the highway, which were way too blurry (I was driving)

Panels are there, tons of cable, wrapped up in bundles, hanging just below panels, and clearly new cable up the side of the tower with shiny new anchors. I couldn't see RRUs at my speed, but will try again tomorrow.

• Like 1