Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

LTE signals do not give of a geocoding address, so it's a guessing game where your LTE signal is coming from.

In Columbus, we have a spreadsheet we use to track the PCI & GCIs given off by the towers, as well as map on Sensorly. Each tower gives off 3 PCIs, so if you drive around mapping and see where they change, you can track it.

If there are enough people that want a spreadsheet and can help contribute/maintain it, I'm sure we could help get one up and running for you Cincy Sponsors.

• Like 1

LTE signals do not give of a geocoding address, so it's a guessing game where your LTE signal is coming from.

In Columbus, we have a spreadsheet we use to track the PCI & GCIs given off by the towers, as well as map on Sensorly. Each tower gives off 3 PCIs, so if you drive around mapping and see where they change, you can track it.

If there are enough people that want a spreadsheet and can help contribute/maintain it, I'm sure we could help get one up and running for you Cincy Sponsors.

Thanks, definately something tk keep in mind, though im not sure how much contribution there would be to make it effective.

Also wondering how to read what band of lte i am connecting to

Anyone else still experiencing dropped call hand-offs between OH and IN towers that have been upgraded to 4G?

I justbdrove from I-71 to Kellogg on 275 and could not keep a call to save my life, dropped the call six times I think, and that's on the slim chance the call got out

I justbdrove from I-71 to Kellogg on 275 and could not keep a call to save my life, dropped the call six times I think, and that's on the slim chance the call got out

heck forget the state border, I keep losing calls just going into Hamilton, finally got lte and and now I lose calls or they get seriously garbled on my way into town no matter which way I'm coming in, I'm surprised the trade off is so harsh, anyone know why?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

One more question, why don't I have trouble leaving Hamilton? The issue only seems to be when trading off to the Hamilton towers not from.....

It's the handoff from Motorola legacy equipment to Samsung equipment. It's a known issue with the 2 different vendors. That's why they launch in clusters like we seen the other weekend. Until everything is switched to Samsung , expect some issues trading off from legacy towers to upgraded one's.
  • Like 2

It's the handoff from Motorola legacy equipment to Samsung equipment. It's a known issue with the 2 different vendors. That's why they launch in clusters like we seen the other weekend. Until everything is switched to Samsung , expect some issues trading off from legacy towers to upgraded one's.

This. Exactly!

• Like 2

As of today, calls are dropping when I go in and out of my bedroom. Its trying to get LTE in there so maybe we have someting new active over here on the east side, ill be going out later to see if I can track this down

As of today, calls are dropping when I go in and out of my bedroom. Its trying to get LTE in there so maybe we have someting new active over here on the east side, ill be going out later to see if I can track this down

sound proof paneling? ... freak ;)

Middletown tower on main st. Behind the old bowling alley now putting out lte. Will lay down purple on way home from work.

I think they were working on the tower at the corner of Roosevelt Blvd and Jackson Lane behind the Speedway the other day.

I guess that's a Sprint tower.

Getting spotty 4GLTE signals all around Middletown. I guess it's not all done and turned on yet?

I think they were working on the tower at the corner of Roosevelt Blvd and Jackson Lane behind the Speedway the other day.

I guess that's a Sprint tower.

Getting spotty 4GLTE signals all around Middletown. I guess it's not all done and turned on yet?

That is a Sprint tower, if your talking about the flag pole one right behind speedway. The main street tower is carrying really well. I held on to lte almost to Cincinnati Dayton road going behind Armco.

Wimax not working downtown this morning in the parking garage. Noticed a bunch of large crates on top of the apt bldg at 4th and plum where the sprint antennas are (I think). Fingers crossed!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Anyone know why, when i am connected to lte, signal check pro does not probide an address?

LTE does not squawk its GPS coordinates, so no app is capable of showing an LTE site location. Only 1X squawks its location.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

what is that cell tower coming off of 275 going to tri county mall

has been broadcasting 1900 for a while. does not support csfb as of yet also based on speed tests I'd say back haul isn't completed.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk