Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Looks like the tower at Bridgewater is 1x800 now! Right by the tower I was seeing -60's dBm in signal check. But the address was listed only as Fairfield, OH, USA. Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

The Bridgewater tower is not producing 800 as of this very second. Must have been testing it.

Yeah, I dunno, maybe my phone was being stupid too. If it was there, you're right, it's gone now. When I was getting that I was also on LTE and @ -135dBm right under the tower, but my phone refused to goto 3g.....

Yeah, I dunno, maybe my phone was being stupid too. If it was there, you're right, it's gone now. When I was getting that I was also on LTE and @ -135dBm right under the tower, but my phone refused to goto 3g.....

Yea lte is spotty in Bridgewater until they get that tower up fully.

At the Jackson lane tower in Middletown, everything is here. Cabinets antenna and it's all hook up. Even the fiber. Looks like just waiting for other towers to turn it on. But it's ready to go.

• Like 1

Hey everyone, first post for me.  Ok so I have been getting the worst possible voice service for the last several weeks, that's what brought me to the site at first.  I have been going through many of the topics trying to get myself up to speed.  I am in the Fairfield area on the border to Hamilton.  So as seen on many post here I picked up LTE discovery, sensorly, signal check...  I have been tracking my coverage and signal strength for a couple weeks and I consistently connect to the same 3 towers from home.  I must be literally in the worst edge of signal ever.  My phone will change towers if I rotated it 180 laying on the arm of my couch and it gets nearly unusable signal from all three towers.  I give that background because last week for a 30 second period while doing my morning signal check at my sons bus stop (my best coverage area by far)  I picked up a signal on the LTE discovery map of a tower that is very very close to me.  However it switched over almost immediately after the map loaded.  It switched to the a tower in Hamilton that says is 7mi or so away.  I was excited for a moment hoping that maybe they are adding a tower that will be close enough to provide usable signal in my home.  Well I drove over and there is in fact a tower where that signal was coming from.  I took a pic and tried to compare the samsung pics from the sticky but I just don't know what I am looking for.  Any way to look up what carrier a tower is for?  On the antenna search site the tower is listed as owned by American towers llc.  Also listed an owner change jan of '13.  The tower is located at 185 Forest Lake ln.  Fairfield, Ohio 45014.  Can any one confirm what carrier this tower is for?    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlhgq80z9wooqyf/2014-03-25%2007.58.19.jpg

I don't know what companies are on that tower, I can't tell just by looking at the antennas unless they belong to sprint and none of them do.

That tower is not a sprint tower. I think you're talking about the tower in Joyce Park, but I can't be for sure. The Butler County Engineers office has no Forest Lake Ln listed, I don't know where that is and google seems to think it's in Joyce Park, also it shows no street for that.

If you live near there Joyce Park your sorta in a bad area for sprint service. The tower up on rt4 behind McDonalds in Hamilton and the rt 4 tower in fairfield off Factory Dr. are the two closest towers to you. Unless they convert a nextel or clearwire tower over that way, I don't think it's going to get a whole lot better for you.

You don't list your phone, but if your phone can do 800mhz it'll get better especially for voice once that's turned on and you can use it. For the Rt 4 Hamilton tower it's already on. Not the Rt 4 Fairfield tower though.

Yes that is the Joyce park tower.  I just went in and posted my info.  I have an Slll.  I have picked up 1x800 a couple times from hamilton but nothing consistent.  I usually bounce between the tower on near tori's station one where rt 4 splits off to erie blvd. and even one on 128 in ross.  I am eligible for an upgrade 4.1.14 but I am seriously considering waiting it out to see what the summer brings network and device wise.  You say you don't think it will get much better?  I had read somewhere that cincy has phase 2 scheduled, What does phase 2 entail?  Will that bring any improvements?  I previously had the Nexus S and while it was as bad or worse for voice it did get usable wimax coverage in this area.  Also I notice on the LTE discovery map that it always list the tower as a voice tower.  Is it possible to be connected to different towers at the same time one for LTE and another for voice?

For voice on your S3, I'd imagine once the tower by toris station gets 800 that will help you a lot with voice coverage down near the joyce park area. That tower is upgraded, just sorta waiting for it to be turned on. Your S3 can't get LTE on 800mhz, for that you need a triband (Sprint Spark) phone.

There will be no 3g on 800mhz so I'd imagine you'll never see 3g signal improvements in that area unless they build up another tower either at Joyce park or up near Patterson Blvd where I think there is already clearwire. I'm really hoping they take the tower on Patterson and do a full NV build on it. That area could really use it imo, and it seems a possibility since clearwire is there.

Yes this area is in desperate need of something.  I agree I think that the 1x800 will take care of the voice issues I am having.  On antennasearch.com the tower on patterson is a verizon tower so I doubt they will let a full NV build take place.  Although that would be the best case scenario for me as that tower is .3mi from my house.  So are there any markets that are getting partial Spark?  Am I wrong to assume we will get spark based on the band 41 that is already in the area.  I would guess that all that is left is to kick on the LTE 800 when the time is right or are the towers with 800 live already pushing LTE also?

No doubt....we have been dots of white in a sea of green!

The tower south of Liberty, IN on US27 has been broadcasting 800 & LTE for awhile now, but still not handing off calls to/from the Oxford area, which is now all 800/LTE as well.  That stinks!  But I am glad to have better coverage (at least) on the commute.  If they could just get the handoffs to go, there'd be no problems at all...

Hey everyone, first post for me.  Ok so I have been getting the worst possible voice service for the last several weeks, that's what brought me to the site at first.  I have been going through many of the topics trying to get myself up to speed.  I am in the Fairfield area on the border to Hamilton.  So as seen on many post here I picked up LTE discovery, sensorly, signal check...  I have been tracking my coverage and signal strength for a couple weeks and I consistently connect to the same 3 towers from home.  I must be literally in the worst edge of signal ever.  My phone will change towers if I rotated it 180 laying on the arm of my couch and it gets nearly unusable signal from all three towers.  I give that background because last week for a 30 second period while doing my morning signal check at my sons bus stop (my best coverage area by far)  I picked up a signal on the LTE discovery map of a tower that is very very close to me.  However it switched over almost immediately after the map loaded.  It switched to the a tower in Hamilton that says is 7mi or so away.  I was excited for a moment hoping that maybe they are adding a tower that will be close enough to provide usable signal in my home.  Well I drove over and there is in fact a tower where that signal was coming from.  I took a pic and tried to compare the samsung pics from the sticky but I just don't know what I am looking for.  Any way to look up what carrier a tower is for?  On the antenna search site the tower is listed as owned by American towers llc.  Also listed an owner change jan of '13.  The tower is located at 185 Forest Lake ln.  Fairfield, Ohio 45014.  Can any one confirm what carrier this tower is for?    https://www.dropbox.com/s/dlhgq80z9wooqyf/2014-03-25%2007.58.19.jpg

Yes that is the Joyce park tower.  I just went in and posted my info.  I have an Slll.  I have picked up 1x800 a couple times from hamilton but nothing consistent.  I usually bounce between the tower on near tori's station one where rt 4 splits off to erie blvd. and even one on 128 in ross.  I am eligible for an upgrade 4.1.14 but I am seriously considering waiting it out to see what the summer brings network and device wise.  You say you don't think it will get much better?  I had read somewhere that cincy has phase 2 scheduled, What does phase 2 entail?  Will that bring any improvements?  I previously had the Nexus S and while it was as bad or worse for voice it did get usable wimax coverage in this area.  Also I notice on the LTE discovery map that it always list the tower as a voice tower.  Is it possible to be connected to different towers at the same time one for LTE and another for voice?

Yes this area is in desperate need of something.  I agree I think that the 1x800 will take care of the voice issues I am having.  On antennasearch.com the tower on patterson is a verizon tower so I doubt they will let a full NV build take place.  Although that would be the best case scenario for me as that tower is .3mi from my house.  So are there any markets that are getting partial Spark?  Am I wrong to assume we will get spark based on the band 41 that is already in the area.  I would guess that all that is left is to kick on the LTE 800 when the time is right or are the towers with 800 live already pushing LTE also?

First off, welcome to S4GRU! I'll try to answer a few of your questions, but most I cannot answer until you become a paid Sponsor, as the information you are seeking is only available to Sponsors and Premier Sponsors. Sponsors get access to the list of Sprint towers, which is one of the things you are looking for.

To become a Sponsor, a donation to the forum in just about any amount (recommend $5-20) will get you upgraded. Premier Sponsors are those who have donated over $100 to the forum, and they get access to so much more, including info on Band 41 ("Spark") and 26 (LTE 800) rollouts.

I also highly recommend getting Signal Check Pro for $1.99. SCP will give you the address of the tower you are connected to for voice services (not LTE). The developer of the app is a highly-decorated member around here.

Another advantage of becoming a Sponsor is getting custom PRLs that will allow you to have high-priority access to 1X800, which there is plenty of coming from the Hamilton area.

Spark has been seen in the Cincy area, and there are a few posts about it in this thread. It is not accessible to the general public with a Spark phone without putting your phone in LTE-Only mode at this point as it has not been rolled out. The range is similar to WiMax, and several members have mapped it using Sensorly in your market.

First off, welcome to S4GRU! I'll try to answer a few of your questions, but most I cannot answer until you become a paid Sponsor, as the information you are seeking is only available to Sponsors and Premier Sponsors. Sponsors get access to the list of Sprint towers, which is one of the things you are looking for.

To become a Sponsor, a donation to the forum in just about any amount (recommend $5-20) will get you upgraded. Premier Sponsors are those who have donated over $100 to the forum, and they get access to so much more, including info on Band 41 ("Spark") and 26 (LTE 800) rollouts.

I also highly recommend getting Signal Check Pro for $1.99. SCP will give you the address of the tower you are connected to for voice services (not LTE). The developer of the app is a highly-decorated member around here.

Another advantage of becoming a Sponsor is getting custom PRLs that will allow you to have high-priority access to 1X800, which there is plenty of coming from the Hamilton area.

Spark has been seen in the Cincy area, and there are a few posts about it in this thread. It is not accessible to the general public with a Spark phone without putting your phone in LTE-Only mode at this point as it has not been rolled out. The range is similar to WiMax, and several members have mapped it using Sensorly in your market.

Thank you for the welcome and the answers you were able to provide. It is very encouraging that so much activity is going on in the market. I have been looking for a reason to stay with Sprint. I am glad I have found this site. After 2 consecutive mind numbing experiences with Sprint customer service things weren't looking good. I will certainly look into the sponsorship options. Is there any additional information on devices as a sponsor? I am eligible in the near future but I am curious if I am just as well off waiting till the note 4 release.

I actually just made a donation. Can someone point me in the right direction to gain access to some of the classified info.

Scroll down on the forum list to the sponsor areas. Maps are in the interactive map section and discussions in the sponsor area.

Welcome!

Sent from my Nexus 5

Cluster launch alert. I counted at least 5 tower site via signal check between springboro , Franklin, and Middletown that are now producing 1x 800. There are probally more but I didn't drive around to find out.

• Like 2

The tower on Tylersville is broadcasting 1x800.

uploadfromtaptalk1395937990736.jpg

Also another 1x800 but it's only listed in signal check as Liberty Township. I think it's maybe the tower near Children's Liberty Township. It's not the tower on Lesourdsville West Chester near Hamilton Mason or the Princeton Rd tower near 747.

uploadfromtaptalk1395938158239.jpg

That's very similar to what I saw when I thought 1x800 was on at the Bridgewater tower.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

was on 75s in northern Kentucky I forget which exit but saw a crew and crane working on a tower from the highway... can't wait seems like activity is North and South of us. sprint bring it home..

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Is there a place to check the status of a tower? More specifically the facory drive tower. And does anyone know where the Fairfield market stands for the csfb stage? And lastly has anyone with a tri band device mapped any band 41 in Hamilton/Fairfield?

Is there a place to check the status of a tower? More specifically the facory drive tower. And does anyone know where the Fairfield market stands for the csfb stage? And lastly has anyone with a tri band device mapped any band 41 in Hamilton/Fairfield?

I mapped a little in Hamilton of band 41

Painted some purple in Richmond, IN - we have 2 towers that were turned on yesterday (Band 25).  Yesterday I had to be in "LTE Only" on my G2 to pick it up, this morning I did not.

Hopefully they light up the remaining towers and other bands very soon.