Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

Any updates on the Richmond, Indiana launch? Nothing new posted in the latest sponsor maps... Still says just in progress...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last I have heard from a reliable source is that 2 of the towers will completed for 3G upgrade and that 4G will be a few days afterward.

When will those 3g towers go online?

Sorry, I meant to put the date in there.  March 11th for the 3G!  Not sure which towers but I believe Walmart effeminately, then either Glen Miller tower or the one up by Hills Pet.

Sorry, I meant to put the date in there. March 11th for the 3G! Not sure which towers but I believe Walmart effeminately, then either Glen Miller tower or the one up by Hills Pet.

Great! Thanks for the info. Any word on the timeline for the rest of the towers? Who is your source?

Great! Thanks for the info. Any word on the timeline for the rest of the towers? Who is your source?

I made contact with a guy from Detroit that is with Sprint.  He called me after I tracked down an engineer on LinkedIn with a complaint.  He gave me the March 11th date, and @SprintCares on twitter said within a few weeks for 4G.

THe others are not "scheduled" until May, but he stated that may come sooner, once the crews are up here in the area.

Fingers Crossed

I made contact with a guy from Detroit that is with Sprint. He called me after I tracked down an engineer on LinkedIn with a complaint. He gave me the March 11th date, and @SprintCares on twitter said within a few weeks for 4G.

THe others are not "scheduled" until May, but he stated that may come sooner, once the crews are up here in the area.

Fingers Crossed

Indeed, fingers crossed. Thanks!

Liberty, IN tower and Oxford, OH Morning Sun Rd tower have both been upgraded to 4G, still no handoff.

Though, coverage along OH-177 between SR-73 and IN-227 has improved significantly.  Still dropping in Fairhaven valley.

Calls on the outskirts of Oxford are garbled a bit, but not dropping.  I hear this is an artifact caused by the mixmash of old 3G and new 4G upgraded towers.

Hello, new to the forum, but I wanted to post that I use an lg g2, and I've been getting what I believe to be sprint spark here in Hamilton, Ohio.  My G2 shows both LTE and the Spark symbol on the top part of the screen. I've been getting it near the Joyce Park area between Pleasant Ave. and Laurel. Ave.

Anyone else report on this area being active for Sprint spark?

Hello, new to the forum, but I wanted to post that I use an lg g2, and I've been getting what I believe to be sprint spark here in Hamilton, Ohio. My G2 shows both LTE and the Spark symbol on the top part of the screen. I've been getting it near the Joyce Park area between Pleasant Ave. and Laurel. Ave.

Anyone else report on this area being active for Sprint spark?

That is normal for the spark enabled phones to show that even if not connected to spark per say. I do not believe there is spark yet up and running the way it should be in our area. You can force it,but then you won't be able to receive calls and text.

Question about " forcing" lte. I got my msl and enabled band 41. I have my preferred network sy to cDmA/lte. Getting a lot of missed incoming calls, but I'm rarely if ever on lte as it seems to be popping up everywhere I don't go. In fact im usually on a Wi-Fi portable hotspot. Am I " forcing" and can this be the cause of my missed calls?

BTW, I know I missed a call when I'm looking right at the phone and a voicemail appears even though it never rang

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Question about " forcing" lte. I got my msl and enabled band 41. I have my preferred network sy to cDmA/lte. Getting a lot of missed incoming calls, but I'm rarely if ever on lte as it seems to be popping up everywhere I don't go. In fact im usually on a Wi-Fi portable hotspot. Am I " forcing" and can this be the cause of my missed calls?

BTW, I know I missed a call when I'm looking right at the phone and a voicemail appears even though it never rang

if you have lte/cdma then your not forcing. usually when you force it's only on LTE which would disable voice calls if you were connected to lte and if you were not in an lte area then you would not have any cell coverage

I think you need to have it set to cdma evdo/lte. I set mine to lte/cdma and couldn't receive calls either. But set to the other and I connect to lte and get calls.

I am having trouble telling which tower i am connecting to, can anyone help me out? Thanks

Edit: also how to tell what band i'm on thanks

post-28088-0-12319100-1394675629_thumb.png

post-28088-0-88151700-1394675704_thumb.png

Edited by ltesvt

I think you need to have it set to cdma evdo/lte. I set mine to lte/cdma and couldn't receive calls either. But set to the other and I connect to lte and get calls.

I don't have that option. Just global, CDMA/lte, CDMA, gsm

I don't have that option. Just global, CDMA/lte, CDMA, gsm

if you have the g2 then use 5689#*980# then it and connection manager you will see the current setting and have a chance to select evdo with cdma