Network Vision/LTE - Cincinnati Market

ohioratrodder

It's going to be tough being in a market that has an ecsfb gap. Best bet would probably be forcing your phone into lte mode to see if you can catch a lte signal when you need it.

Iirc, for Samsung devices it's ##3282# and under the hdr/1x setting.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you so much for this information. It has been a wile since I dug this deep in my phone. 

Any who...I got my MSL number.  Going into ##3282# just now and noticed that under LTE section, in LTE Enabled it says "LTE off" and the box is unchecked. If I check this to enable LTE will this cause battery drain or any other harm? LTE has currently not launched in my area officially and was wondering if this is why I am not picking up and LTE anywhere at all. 

Also, Band3 is disabled. The other two (26 & 41) are enabled. Any reason why band 3 is off?

Thanks so much for any information! Love this site!! :D

Thank you so much for this information. It has been a wile since I dug this deep in my phone.

Any who...I got my MSL number. Going into ##3282# just now and noticed that under LTE section, in LTE Enabled it says "LTE off" and the box is unchecked. If I check this to enable LTE will this cause battery drain or any other harm? LTE has currently not launched in my area officially and was wondering if this is why I am not picking up and LTE anywhere at all.

Also, Band3 is disabled. The other two (26 & 41) are enabled. Any reason why band 3 is off?

Thanks so much for any information! Love this site!! :D

Argg lol I cant seem to get the msl number. Not sure what the heck im doing wrong lol. I know when I had the M8 I could access all of these menus with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Argg lol I cant seem to get the msl number. Not sure what the heck im doing wrong lol. I know when I had the M8 I could access all of these menus with no problems.

I just called up Sprint and asked and they gave it to me.  I think the first time with my old phone I had to call twice because the first person said they couldn't give it out. I just say I am running diagnostics on the phone :D

• Like 3

I just called up Sprint and asked and they gave it to me. I think the first time with my old phone I had to call twice because the first person said they couldn't give it out. I just say I am running diagnostics on the phone :D

I just called up Sprint and asked and they gave it to me. I think the first time with my old phone I had to call twice because the first person said they couldn't give it out. I just say I am running diagnostics on the phone :D

Damn I didn't think of telling them that lol. I called earlier and they said En Oh they couldn't give me that code.

Tell them you are doing a factory reset. If they ask why just say you installed too many apps and want a fresh start. Worked for me.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hello!

I did a little write up on how to manually turn on LTE with the galaxy S5 if it is selected to be off by default. Not sure why my LTE was disabled in the settings. Perhaps because my area has not launched yet? Anyway. I did these steps and what do you know? Full LTE (by a known LTE tower) If you have never done this I have made a step by step to get LTE enabled if it is turned off.  Here we go! (if you would like a photo step by step please see my post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s5/380905-sprint-users-lte-manual-override.html#post3582412

1.) Before starting you must obtain your MLS number. I did this by calling Sprint directly at 866-264-1282. I just varified my info then asked for my MLS number. I told her I was just running diagnostics. You could also say you want to do a factory reset or something. Either way she gave it to me easily.

2.) Now that you have your MLS number, you need to go to the phone dialer and type in ##3282# 

3.) Now you will need to select Edit (change mode)

4.)Now you will need to input your MSL number you obtained:

5.) Now that you are in the Data Programming menu, scroll to the bottom and select LTE:

6.)Now you are in the LTE portion. Click LTE Enabled:

7.) Now mine was deselected and said it was off. This all came about because I was snooping for snoop sake and found this off so I turned it on by checking it:

8.) I also checked each Band (3, 26, 41). My band 3 was off so I turned it on as well.

9.) I then backed all the way out and restarted the phone.

10.) When it came on...LTE!!!!! Keep in mind I was by a tower that was known to have the LTE upgrade. 

Many thanks to Moderator lilotimz  for the help and the spark that started my curiosity. :D

• Like 3

I have a question about Sensorly and Sprint's 4G that it displays in my area. Were these areas possibly traced when lte was in testing mode? Cause I certainly have not picked up hardly any lte in these particular areas whatsoever. Just curious if Sprint had these areas lid up for a while or if its the fact that my phone is a tri-band. I have access to enable 4G lte on my phone and have done it, but still no sign of lte in those particular areas. uploadfromtaptalk1397692348840.jpg

Believe the person that mapped downtown forced LTE on their device. And since there is no ECSFB you wouldn't see LTE in these areas until ECSFB is enabled or you force LTE on your device.

Edited by ucbearcats1125

Believe the person that mapped downtown forced LTE on their device. And since there is no ECSFB you wouldn't see LTE in these areas until ECSFB is enabled or you force LTE on your device.

I have forced my device to LTE, but I have not sucessful at getting any lte, so I was curious as to why the mapping was showing medium to strong lte reception. I can only assume its related to the phone being a tri-band. Its the only thing I can think of. So in essence a lot of the areas showing up on Sensorly can possibly be suffering from the lack of ECSFB and hence, my phone will not pick up this Signal.

I will say I have picked it up in my office building near ftn square but it's unusable. Its like its just catching a whiff when the breeze blows the right way, but it can't do anything and just drops back to 3g. No rhyme or reason. I am forcing lte.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I will say I have picked it up in my office building near ftn square but it's unusable. Its like its just catching a whiff when the breeze blows the right way, but it can't do anything and just drops back to 3g. No rhyme or reason. I am forcing lte.

Its like depending on how the wind blows sorts speak. I will say I'd be a tad disappointed if customers with non tri-band devices are getting to enjoy it and not the rest. I always heard stories on how slow the network was, but wow I had no idea it was this slow lol. So needless to say some lte even if it's weak, would be nice.

Just looked at the sensorly map myself, that purple paint wasnt there a few days ago. Wish you could tell what device recorded it.

That purple paint downtown has been there weeks, maybe even a month or two by now. Edited by ucbearcats1125

Its like depending on how the wind blows sorts speak. I will say I'd be a tad disappointed if customers with non tri-band devices are getting to enjoy it and not the rest. I always heard stories on how slow the network was, but wow I had no idea it was this slow lol. So needless to say some lte even if it's weak, would be nice.

Yeah. It really sucks in legacy markets especially since Samsung has switched to cluster launching. It takes a while for all the pieces to come together. It's worse considering the state of their legacy network (especially motorola equipment which is terrible). 

It also looks to be someone mapping B41 from the former Clearwire network which Sprint has been turning on and off in Ohio lately for testing purposes. 

Just looked at the sensorly map myself, that purple paint wasnt there a few days ago. Wish you could tell what device recorded it.

In downtown per say? If so did you see the speeds that person clocked? 40+ megs. Hope its a sign of things to come. uploadfromtaptalk1397695290699.jpg

I just made a post (#982) in this thread on how to manually turn on LTE if you want to try out towers that are upgraded. You just need your MSL number from Sprint and follow the steps listed in that post (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1961-network-visionlte-cincinnati-market/?p=307815)

Before doing this, mine would also breifly connet to let then disconnect really quick. My LTE was disabled so I enabled it and now can use the LTE towers in my area (few).

When the market launches im sure we will all get an update to enable LTE on our phones. I could be wrong about the update thing but mine was disabled from the get go. I enabled it. Now it connects to LTE.

• Like 1

Yeah. It really sucks in legacy markets especially since Samsung has switched to cluster launching. It takes a while for all the pieces to come together. It's worse considering the state of their legacy network (especially motorola equipment which is terrible).

It also looks to be someone mapping B41 from the former Clearwire network which Sprint has been turning on and off in Ohio lately for testing purposes.

The other night here in Covington I saw on my Service Mode Band41 20mhz, I know Clearwire has a sight right on W.4th and Russell which is three blocks away. So I guess its safe to assume once it's all set and done I should not have any issues here, if they indeed turn on that site.

I just made a post (#982) in this thread on how to manually turn on LTE if you want to try out towers that are upgraded. You just need your MSL number from Sprint and follow the steps listed in that post (http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1961-network-visionlte-cincinnati-market/?p=307815)

Before doing this, mine would also breifly connet to let then disconnect really quick. My LTE was disabled so I enabled it and now can use the LTE towers in my area (few).

When the market launches im sure we will all get an update to enable LTE on our phones. I could be wrong about the update thing but mine was disabled from the get go. I enabled it. Now it connects to LTE.

BTW thank you for that post yesterday, I also did the same thing, but was not able to pick any lte. Hence my assumption that perhaps it was being tested at the time and someone was lucky enough to pick it up and trace it. :-)

• Like 1

So is it common to hear from Sprint that they will be done with upgrades within 6 months? Lol. Just here thinking, if we add all the days of bad weather we will have, it could take longer..

So is it common to hear from Sprint that they will be done with upgrades within 6 months? Lol. Just here thinking, if we add all the days of bad weather we will have, it could take longer..

Most, if not all, markets are slated to be mostly finished this summer with the outlier being  Hawaii as... well it's Hawai.

An ultimatum have been slapped down on every market and every executive to get shit done by the end of the year or they'll be gone like Bob Azzi & the rest of the network executives. Masayoshi Son is done with excuses and is now demanding progress.  

• Like 4

Most, if not all, markets are slated to be mostly finished this summer with the outlier being Hawaii as... well it's Hawai.

An ultimatum have been slapped down on every market and every executive to get shit done by the end of the year or they'll be gone like Bob Azzi & the rest of the network executives. Masayoshi Son is done with excuses and is now demanding progress.

Well about time they got on their behinds. Cause I hate to admit it, at the rate they are going, the "4th" carrier will soon surpass.

• Like 1

Havent had 4g since the sg2... And on the lg g2 we lost the ability to force LTE with the kit Kat update..... No more 4g since the towers arent csfb near me

On my travels today I spotted what I believe to be band 41 antennas mounted on the tower at US68 and I71.  I have not noticed them on that tower before, wish I was able to snap a picture of them but I was in a hurry to get home,  So I wonder what that means for the build out of the spark network and how far out they will be taking it?