Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

That link is asking for a passwordhttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__110977

Is these sites close to smithbay? And what about LTE?

That link is only viewable by sponsor members only, you should consider becoming a sponsor, the wealth of information is endless and priceless. But to answer your question, there is a house over looking tabor and harmony and annas retreat that has quite a few sprint panels on its roof top. Thats the site I was pulling over 2 megs on yesterday. That site covers all of smith bay so you should be noticing better service in the area. There is another site in redhook but I haven't been to that one to verify but according to the report that Robert provided, it would seem like 3g upgrades are just about completed. The sites around mountain top are all but impossible to get close enough too, there is a site in town up the hill right behind of griffith park that I notice work being done yesterday afternoon(also located on a rooftop of a building), I don't think they are finished with that one yet though. I don't think we are that far away from getting lte especially with how puerto rico lit up like a christmas tree very fast plus we are part of the PR market anyway.

Even though 7 of the 8 St. Thomas sites have been accepted for 3G upgrades, does not mean that new backhaul is live at all of them. So performance may vary wildly at first.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Even though 7 of the 8 St. Thomas sites have been accepted for 3G upgrades, does not mean that new backhaul is live at all of them. So performance may vary wildly at first.

I actually meant to put that little disclosure in my initial post yesterday, thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info man! I'm currently on Virgin Mobile, Sprint prepaid, and was hoping(99% chance it will though) that we would get better 3G speeds. I was also going to get a virgin mobile LTE phone soon around summer, but wanted LTE to be live in my area first.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info man! I'm currently on Virgin Mobile, Sprint prepaid, and was hoping(99% chance it will though) that we would get better 3G speeds. I was also going to get a virgin mobile LTE phone soon around summer, but wanted LTE to be live in my area first.

Virgin mobile is also sprint's? I thought it was boost mobile.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Robert, do you know if sights were accepted on St.Croix VI.

Robert, do you know if sights were accepted on St.Croix VI.
I really mean sites

Yes. If you look at the NV Sites Complete map, you will see that all the St. Croix sites have had the 3G side accepted.

Robert via LG Optimus G using Tapatalk

I'm getting really crappy speeds in the day time, and 1 - 3.5 MB at night/early(morning). It seems like 3G speeds have improved since I never got over 2.2MB ever before, but the day time is still crappy, maybe even worse. Speedtest.net showed that it have gotten worse(day time) compared to how it used to be. Where is the nv completion map? Is it the link that requires the user to be sponsor?

Edited by Austrie

I'm getting really crappy speeds in the day time, and 1 - 3.5 MB at night/early(morning). It seems like 3G speeds have improved since I never got over 2.2MB ever before, but the day time is still crappy, maybe even worse. Speedtest.net showed that it have gotten worse(day time) compared to how it used to be. Where is the nv completion map? Is it the link that requires the user to be sponsor?

The maps are for sponsors only but it's worth it to donate, you will have access to a lot of info. Now most of the sites have been accepted but work is still being done, also keep in mind that even though sites have been accepted by sprint there could still be issues with backhaul. All in all though things are looking great for the Virgin Islands

• Like 1

Before the network upgrades country had better signal than town but it seems town have more towers though.

There are 4 towers serving country and 4 in town but they are probably configured differently to handle the extra traffic which is expected being that's were most people work on the island and where most of the tourists are when they come in on cruise ships and what not. One thing I did notice has been better signal in parts of the island that never got a signal, for example driving past Antilles School has always been a 100% dead zone for sprint users. Driving through there while talking on the phone will always result in your call getting dropped. I drove past there yesterday and early this morning while talking on the phone and both times the calls stayed connected which is awesome considering the distance and the mountains that are between there and the 3 closest towers.

• Like 1

I notice you guys said the towers were on houses, I'm assuming nobody lives there and that sprint owns the house and the house have a lot of machinery inside.

If you go up cassie hill then make the right to go through tabor and harmony, before you get to annas retreat there is a house on the left on top of that hill that has sprint panels on it. You have a better chance seeing it if you are coming from home town going towards tabor and harmony, I see cars there all the time so I would assume people live there.

I notice you guys said the towers were on houses, I'm assuming nobody lives there and that sprint owns the house and the house have a lot of machinery inside.

There are occupied homes with panels on them in Puerto Rico that I've seen. Also, there is one in Contra Costa County, California where the panels are attached to a wooden pole that is attached to the side of a house. And that house is occupied.

I live within 250' of a site. There's no reason why you cannot live next to a site. I'd be more concerned about that cell phone that we sleep with next to our heads.

• Like 5

You don't think if the family have children, them the children might damage the tower or panels. Its weird somebody would buy a house with panels on it or let sprint build a panel on their house(unless they pay you).

You don't think if the family have children, them the children might damage the tower or panels. Its weird somebody would buy a house with panels on it or let sprint build a panel on their house(unless they pay you).

Yes they DO pay you.... And i believe it is a pretty good amount per month!!!!

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

So do I just call sprint and tell them that I'm in a poor service area and it would be advised to build a tower on my house? Lmao, I wouldn't mind sprint paying me for a change instead of me paying them.

If you follow what I said, you will see where the house is located and you will see how the panels are mounted. Kids aren't going to get to it.

So do I just call sprint and tell them that I'm in a poor service area and it would be advised to build a tower on my house? Lmao, I wouldn't mind sprint paying me for a change instead of me paying them.

Its all about location and the where that house is located is damn near perfect for a tower. You basically have one hell of a view in every direction.