Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

On 11/6/2012' date=' my Note 2 connected to LTE on highway 53 from Humacao to Yabucoa. I thought they were doing tests on the towers because that day the speeds were not so great.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2[/quote']

LTE performance is very signal strength dependent. You likely were in an area with a weak signal. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2040-bars-lie-for-lte-signal-strength-how-to-determine-your-actual-lte-signal-strength/

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

Then, today drove the same route, but no LTE connection, only 3G. I checked the connection status on my Note and for my surprise it was eHRPD. All the route from Palmas del Mar toll to Camino Nuevo in Yabucoa were upgraded. This were done only in two weeks, they are working fast!!!!.

Sent from my Super Charged Galaxy Note 2

I have a Iphone 5 and it seems that I cant connect to NV towers with the Ihpone 5 and people that had android devices can. Is there any problem?

I have a Iphone 5 and it seems that I cant connect to NV towers with the Ihpone 5 and people that had android devices can. Is there any problem?

You have to have a PRL installed that has Puerto Rico LTE enabled.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

I got some lte at the top of martinez nadal and los filtros. Speeds were bad so I was probably connecting to some site in Bayamon.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I've seen that also, there seems to be a tiny LTE coverage spot riiiiight on the bridge

You get it going down the hill too but it's not fast. Is there an android widget that will show me the strength of the data connection?

I've seen that also, there seems to be a tiny LTE coverage spot riiiiight on the bridge

You get it going down the hill too but it's not fast. Is there an android widget that will show me the strength of the data connection?

We have a member developing one. It's in beta form now, but works well on my devices. His name is mikejeep. Send him a PM and ask him if he is willing to email it to you.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Forum Runner

• Like 4

I got an LTE signal around Roosevelt Ave. towards the Ponce de Leon all the way to the front steps of the Choliseo. I got 12mbps at Roosevelt Ave. before the train station and I got 8mbps at the Choliseo's front steps.

I live nearby Paseos Shopping Village and the towers around here have been absolutely abismal for the past month but just now I noticed that my Network Type changed to eHRPD with data. Previously I would get a glimpse of eHRPD without data before switching back to EVDO with data if I have LTE radio turned on.

I'm getting excited!

• Like 1

Good morning Guys,

Am glad to see the progress in PR being so successful. Am in St Thomas VI and was wondering on the status of the network here. Do you have an ETA for work being started or completed here? We have been experiencing some serious network issues for the past week, getting no bars or 1-2 bars to running roaming and not getting any data at all at times.

Thanks for all the information you provide here. Really good work!

iPhone 5 16g

• Like 1

Has anybody been able to locate any Additional LTE sites besides the ones in Bayamon, Carolina, Caguas, Yabucoa and Hato Rey??? Or has anybody noticed improved LTE coverage in this areas?

Nothing from Gurabo to Humacao