Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Has anybody been able to locate any Additional LTE sites besides the ones in Bayamon, Carolina, Caguas, Yabucoa and Hato Rey??? Or has anybody noticed improved LTE coverage in this areas?

In Toa Alta my S3 connected to 4g and I try a Speed Test but only complete the download part and then the phone got disconnected...

ypyzenun.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm at intercontinental hotel in isla verde and 4g went on. 2mbps

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Judging by your phone on your profile, youre connected to 4g Wimax, not LTE.

Then again, your sig says different. Use Sensorly to spot any 4g around that area.

Edited by Darkshneider

Good evening everyone. I'd like to pose a question before making a leap into the LTE arena. I currently have a Motorola 4g Photon WiMax phone. I am considering an upgrade to an S3 or Note II to benefit from the LTE deployment in my area (Manati, PR). I currently get enhanced NV 3g data on my Photon but obviously no LTE love. The Sprint signal in my house however is very poor (fluctuates between 0 an 1 bar). To overcome this I've installed an Airave 2.5 which has significantly boosted the signal. When I run a speed test inside the house just using the Airave I get from 1.7mbps to 2.1mbps download speeds. If I turn off the Airave while inside the house I get downwards of 130kbps in download speeds. However if I go out to the terrace the download speeds increase anywhere from 700kbps to 1.6mbps. My question is this: If I upgrade to an LTE phone and am using the Airave inside the house will my data speed be limited to the Airave EVDO data speed or will the phone connect to an LTE equipped tower if the signal is powerfful enough to penetrate the concrete walls of my house?

Before anyone suggests that I turn the wifi radio of the phone on please realize that this is simply a technical question. I just want to understand what the expected behavior would be.

Thanks for any info to clarify this.

Kaku I got info on Mayagüez, they told me NV its coming by 4th quater of 2013

... jajaj joking at least you can go to the mall and have good 3g speeds...

Not funny i almost had a stroke!!!!! I've been waiting for it quite for some time now..... So what the heck....a little more waiting wont kill me.... ;-)

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

• Like 1

Robert:

Are all towers in PR going to get upgraded to LTE ? Are we supposed to get LTE in 800mhz?

All sites in PR are supposed to be upgraded to LTE 1900. However, they are not supposed to get LTE 800. According to one report I read, Sprint will not have 800 available in PR when they begin deployment in the SMR band.

I'm not sure if it is that they do not have 800MHz spectrum in PR, or if they do not have enough, or they cannot use it for awhile because of rebanding. Or possibly even it is an interference issue with neighboring countries. I just do not know why. Or if it is just temporary.

Robert via Samsung Note II using Forum Runner

• Like 4