Network Vision/LTE - Puerto Rico/Virgin Islands Market

Gab2012

Lol, do you live inside the tower? Is your phone making contact with the panel or something? That is amazing, the fastest speedtest I have ever seen! I did not know it went faster than that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jejejejeje!!!

Lol, do you live inside the tower? Is your phone making contact with the panel or something? That is amazing, the fastest speedtest I have ever seen! I did not know it went faster than that.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my SPH-L900

The one with >37 mbps seems to be a lil mess up with the speedtest server since the airlink itself can in no way transfer over 37 with the 5x5 configuration. But it seems you have an amazing connection to the tower anyways so it shouldn't matter. Looks like the panel is directly pointed at u :P! lucky you...

Been lurking this site and thread for a while. I'm using Virgin Mobile, Sprint's prepaid company. Have we got any reading of LTE coming to the vi, more specifically St.Thomas? This site's main thread said LTE should be in in by march 2013, February is just about to finish and I don't think Sprint have even started; though I have noticed my 3G has been going in and out since late January.

No, hence why I have to shut it down in order to test LTE inside the house, otherwise the phone prioritizes it over any outside signal.

Thanks

posted using J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thanks

I should've added that it doesn't make a difference whether the Airave transmits EVDO or LTE since it's just feeding your broadband's connection to the phone via either interface, if you have a great broadband connection I guess EVDO would turn into a bottleneck of sorts but if you pay for broadband you can surely afford a Wifi router anyway.

What's curious is that the phone prioritizes the Airave's "3G" connection over LTE, tho I guess it's not surprising since relieving network congestion is one of the reasons the Airave exists... It just turns into a hassle when you have downright mediocre broadband.

To those that are in St. Thomas, I can confirm That at least one tower that has been upgraded to nv(3g). I am out in the field at the moment, I will post some speedtest results as soon as I can. I been averaging well over 2 megs down on 3g which is unheard of.

• Like 3

To those that are in St. Thomas, I can confirm That at least one tower that has been upgraded to nv(3g). I am out in the field at the moment, I will post some speedtest results as soon as I can. I been averaging well over 2 megs down on 3g which is unheard of.

If you can figure out which site it is and maybe take some pics, I'd be grateful. However, I know the sites in USVI are pretty inaccessible. Most are on mountaintops far behind locked gates.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

If you can figure out which site it is and maybe take some pics, I'd be grateful. However, I know the sites in USVI are pretty inaccessible. Most are on mountaintops far behind locked gates.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

I know which tower it is, it's actually sitting on top of a house, lol. I took pics as well but given the distance, it's hard to see the smaller details. I should be back at my office in about 30 minutes or so. I will pm you the site info.

Here are a couple of speedtests I ran while I was out and about.

There has probably never been speeds like that on Sprint on St. Thomas, ever.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

There has probably never been speeds like that on Sprint on St. Thomas, ever.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Its been a while thats for sure but I do remember when I had my touch pro 2 that I would get decent speeds when I visited(around1.5 consistently).

Oh and I also noticed that as of this afternoon my evo is showing eHRPD but my nexus is still showing evdo. I also noticed a crew working on another tower in the main part of town.

• Like 2

gede6ane.jpg

Site PR03XC078 in El Señorial, San Juan. It's been a while. The photo to the left was taken around October. The one on the right last week. Still the site isn't NV complete. I guess it's a couple of weeks till done. Worth the wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Oh and I also noticed that as of this afternoon my evo is showing eHRPD but my nexus is still showing evdo. I also noticed a crew working on another tower in the main part of town.

8 of the 9 sites on St. Thomas and St. John showed up as 3G signed off on the acceptance report today for this market. http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__110977

Robert

• Like 3

8 of the 9 sites on St. Thomas and St. John showed up as 3G signed off on the acceptance report today for this market. http://s4gru.com/ind...post__p__110977

Robert

Excellent!!!!1

• Like 1

That link is asking for a passwordhttp://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1120-comments-related-to-nv-sites-complete-thread/page__view__findpost__p__110977

Is these sites close to smithbay? And what about LTE?