Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

We have 507 Sprint sites including sites acquired through Clear. 371 of those sites currently has some form of LTE. Below is the break of those said sites. I'd also like to point out that 4 of those sites are Sprint Spark sites!

LTE Bands Accepted by Sites

• 1.9 - 254
  • 1.9/800 - 64
  • 2.5 - 36
  • 2.5/1.9 - 13
  • 2.5/1.9/800 - 4
Grand Total 371
???? In greater Columbus?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Didn't think this day would ever come.[emoji23]

It's not over yet. The B26 and B41 additions should make it a stellar network in Columbus.
  • Like 4

???? In greater Columbus?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The Columbus market covers a large portion of central, eastern, southern and southeastern Ohio. With the exception of Alltel roaming areas and any other roaming areas not coming to mind.

Btw, no cow update today. Stuck at Polaris Mall.....

• Like 1

This looks so bootleg5bf7fb204769421c8e6833668c1855b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey its a utility pool. What do you expect. ????

I had to add the MO...because in a Columbus thread, I wouldn't want people to think I was saying Springfield Ohio. Someone might take offense.

• Like 2

I had to add the MO...because in a Columbus thread, I wouldn't want people to think I was saying Springfield Ohio. Someone might take offense.

Not too much of a difference in the two. :lol:

• Like 3

COW update for those not in chat. I drove by the site Friday and reaffirmed what I saw the week before, that the large light pole was removed and replaced with 3 short light poles. The green fence area was the area that had the tall pole originally. This picture is blurry, I couldn't stop because of traffic.

2014-09-12%2007.49.16.jpg

Below is a picture from the southwest part of the field. You can see the COW and the 3 light poles. Definitely not temporary lighting! Now as I continued north up Starr Avenue and drove past the Revol section and tower, the whole area was taped off with yellow caution tape, there was a company truck parked nearby and the name escapes me now. If you've been down that street you'll know there's room for one travel lane with cars parked on both sides of the street. I couldn't stop to take pictures because of traffic but it seems Sprint is moving over to the Revol space, in my opinion.

2014-09-12%2007.50.01.jpg

• Like 2

Are you guys having calling issues? My calls are dialing out but I have no ringing, a deep slow motion voice if the call connects or the call will catch a snag and a word that the person who I am talking to will just repeat itself over and over.

OR. Is it my phone?

Are you guys having calling issues? My calls are dialing out but I have no ringing, a deep slow motion voice if the call connects or the call will catch a snag and a word that the person who I am talking to will just repeat itself over and over.

OR. Is it my phone?

I'm in Granville right now, no issues here...

Hi everyone.. was wondering if the new ceo's b41 strategy is going to affect b41 rollout in columbus one way or another if its known.. im hoping deployment continues here as some markets might be delayed as others become more priority..

The word is both Clear and Sprint b41 LTE work is to continue here in Columbus, since they were already started, plus many other markets.  High priority is not supposed to mean only priority as we understand it. Saw Clear B41 testing Sunday night and we continue to find new sites for both.  Sprint launched one Sprint 41 market, although it is likely still being tested for carrier aggregation and other factors. We have Sprint B41 equipment installed in some amazing places in our market -- it's urban, rural, and small towns.

As of September 13 we had 95 Clear Band 41 LTE sites seen operating in Columbus, being tested at various times, plus 66 Sprint b41 equipment installation plus many more permits.  For details, see the premier forum. 

If you find new B41 LTE signal (see signature below to ensure it is new), feel free to post it in the highest forum you belong to -- you will get credit for it.  You can also post Sprint B41 8T8R sites for credit, again in the highest forum level you can access, but only premier members get to see the overall map (without premier members this site would go bankrupt and cease to exist).

• Like 3

The word is both Clear and Sprint b41 LTE work is to continue here in Columbus, since they were already started, plus many other markets.  High priority is not supposed to mean only priority as we understand it. Saw Clear B41 testing Sunday night and we continue to find new sites for both.  Sprint launched one Sprint 41 market, although it is likely still being tested for carrier aggregation and other factors. We have Sprint B41 equipment installed in some amazing places in our market -- it's urban, rural, and small towns.

As of September 13 we had 95 Clear Band 41 LTE sites seen operating in Columbus, being tested at various times, plus 66 Sprint b41 equipment installation plus many more permits.  For details, see the premier forum. 

If you find new B41 LTE signal (see signature below to ensure it is new), feel free to post it in the highest forum you belong to -- you will get credit for it.  You can also post Sprint B41 8T8R sites for credit, again in the highest forum level you can access, but only premier members get to see the overall map (without premier members this site would go bankrupt and cease to exist).

whats the difference between Clear b41 and Sprint b41 ?

whats the difference between Clear b41 and Sprint b41 ?

Clear band 41 is the reutilization of Clearwire sites to provide band 41 coverage. These Clear sites have an advantage in being in places that Sprint towers are not. This makes LTE fill in possible with triband phones. Actually it works really well.

Sprint band 41 is the new 8t8r technology that Sprint is deploying on existing NV sites.

The existence of both B41 cells in cooperation with B25 and B26 will be what is known as Spark. This being the triband technology the hamster speaks of.

In the future will be carrier aggregation. This will be where a single phone could utilize multiple band LTE services from multiple sites simultaneously to provide very high speed data.

Sprint is doing some kick butt stuff. They have a lot of work to do before it gets there. We've seen a lot of work done in the field. We've seen a lot of permits. I think that's about all I can say about it.

• Like 3

Or the many other Springfield's out there, like Springfield, IL.