Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Are we waiting for more LTE acceptance before they start tweaking?

There are still quite a few sites without LTE. So it's going to be a while before final tweaking. Not to mention with LTE 800 and LTE 2600 coming online, there will be additional adjustments.

So uhhhh Rules are changing again now that we have more information:

New LTE Confirmation Rules for our market:

Sprint LTE 800 Band 26

• Only 1 GCI is required (Grabbing additional PCIs are nice)
  • SIgnalCheck Pro screenshot must show active connection with valid GCI

Sprint or Clear LTE 2600 Band 41

• Only 1 GCI is required (Grabbing additional PCIs are nice)
  • SIgnalCheck Pro screenshot must show active connection with valid GCI
  • SIgnalCheck Pro screenshot must show signal of -80dBm or better

Sprint LTE 1900 Band 25 (Original Rules Apply)

• At least 2 PCIs are required (Grabbing additional PCIs are nice)
  • SIgnalCheck Pro screenshot must show active connection
  • SIgnalCheck Pro screenshot must show signal of -80dBm or better
  • Like 2

Never!!!!!! [emoji48]

That's what it seems like. They upgraded the 3G, but no LTE. I know there's also a Clear site off E Broad and 270, but I don't think it's broadcasting. I have S5 with all the updates. I can connect to B41 site behind kroger on E broad with no problems.

That's what it seems like. They upgraded the 3G, but no LTE. I know there's also a Clear site off E Broad and 270, but I don't think it's broadcasting. I have S5 with all the updates. I can connect to B41 site behind kroger on E broad with no problems.

Scheduled within the next 90 days. Scheduled is just that though. Site requires specialized and certified technicians to come out to climb the site, hoist new antennas, RRHs and coaxial up the site. Best thing to do is keep an eye on it and report back what you find.

• Like 1

Scheduled within the next 90 days. Scheduled is just that though. Site requires specialized and certified technicians to come out to climb the site, hoist new antennas, RRHs and coaxial up the site. Best thing to do is keep an eye on it and report back what you find.

I got my hopes up when I saw them working on it a few months back, but they only upgraded cabinets and some other ground equipment. I thought they would be done with Columbus already.

I got my hopes up when I saw them working on it a few months back, but they only upgraded cabinets and some other ground equipment. I thought they would be done with Columbus already.

Columbus is 3G complete. Only thing left to do is add new sites, upgrade 3G to LTE and upgrade a few GMOs to Full Builds. We're still seeing good work. Especially now that Band 26 and Band 41 equipment is being installed as well in the market.

• Like 1

Columbus is 3G complete. Only thing left to do is add new sites, upgrade 3G to LTE and upgrade a few GMOs to Full Builds. We're still seeing good work. Especially now that Band 26 and Band 41 equipment is being installed as well in the market.

I'm seeing improvements in coverage, no doubt about that. I work behind Children's close to home on E broad and the area was horrible for indoor 3G reception, now 99% of the time, I get B41, with very good speeds. And improved battery life.
  • Like 2

I'm seeing improvements in coverage, no doubt about that. I work behind Children's close to home on E broad and the area was horrible for indoor 3G reception, now 99% of the time, I get B41, with very good speeds. And improved battery life.

Hopefully there will be another review of the market to see where they should add additional sites. With those sites getting Spark, things will become amazing. Need additional sites though.

Good to hear. Must be a problem where I was. I was next door where they just finished remodeling and couldn't latch enough signal to get a call through. [emoji53]

Good to hear. Must be a problem where I was. I was next door where they just finished remodeling and couldn't latch enough signal to get a call through. [emoji53]

There's a problem when making a call, have to wait about 15-30 sec while the phone switches towers/signals. However, receiving the call, less problem. Were you working on the construction site or one of the buildings that was getting work done inside, in the back of the complex?

There's a problem when making a call, have to wait about 15-30 sec while the phone switches towers/signals. However, receiving the call, less problem. Were you working on the construction site or one of the buildings that was getting work done inside, in the back of the complex?

Inside. Columbus vascular

Inside. Columbus vascular

Nice, I work across the drive way. It's funny that I get good LTE there, but when I go to civic park, off Lancaster ave, I can barely hold the signal, even with the distance being much shorter and I'm outdoors.