Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Site update, the Pickerington site on Longview Street is no longer on the water tower but literally on a new tower ON Longview St.

Wow that's ugly.

• Like 1

My friend has Boost. They got an incoming phone call and the HD icon popped up. Is HD Calling on in some areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, pretty much everywhere NV sites are, as long as you have a compatible phone

My friend has Boost. They got an incoming phone call and the HD icon popped up. Is HD Calling on in some areas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HD calling has been active for a while in Columbus. You just have to have a capable phone.

So bummed. Been waiting for the new Moto X... But it won't be coming to sprint.

Don't believe everything you see. There is a reason there is a FCC breakdown by AJ on "The Wall".

I hope we get 4g or at least 1x800 before the end of the year. The 3g is much faster since all the new equipment was installed on the towers months ago but people are starting to notice the better speeds and the 3g is starting to strugle a bit in some spots.

What part of Ohio are you in that there's not some LTE? Rural?

I hope we get 4g or at least 1x800 before the end of the year. The 3g is much faster since all the new equipment was installed on the towers months ago but people are starting to notice the better speeds and the 3g is starting to strugle a bit in some spots.

What phone do you have? The Columbus market already has a lot of LTE (b25/b26/b41)...

Gonna be back in Columbus this Friday for a concert. Excited to see how much Sprint has improved since the last time I was there a year ago. Service was absolutely horrid at the Bluestone for the concert I attended then.

Well over 1.2k people are attending the concert on Friday and it looks like I'll have band 41. High expectations!

• Like 1

Note 3 and im in the lima area

Lima is part of the Toledo market here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4462-network-vision-site-map-toledo-market/

Lima is 3G 1900 complete. Don't expect 1x800 or LTE 800 for a long while until the IBEZ is resolved. LTE 1900 should be there as soon as backhaul is delivered. I'm not sure on the status of LTE 2500/2600 there.

Also you'll need a new phone when either LTE 800 & LTE 2500/2600 becomes available as your Note 3 will not pick up either.

• Like 3

Gonna be back in Columbus this Friday for a concert. Excited to see how much Sprint has improved since the last time I was there a year ago. Service was absolutely horrid at the Bluestone for the concert I attended then.

Well over 1.2k people are attending the concert on Friday and it looks like I'll have band 41. High expectations!

Should be decent. Don't expect perfection.
  • Like 1

Still have the n5?

Lima is part of the Toledo market here: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4462-network-vision-site-map-toledo-market/

Lima is 3G 1900 complete. Don't expect 1x800 or LTE 800 for a long while until the IBEZ is resolved. LTE 1900 should be there as soon as backhaul is delivered. I'm not sure on the status of LTE 2500/2600 there.

Also you'll need a new phone when either LTE 800 & LTE 2500/2600 becomes available as your Note 3 will not pick up either.

whoops i didnt even realize i was posting on the wrong topic for my area lol. and yeah i know my phone is only a single band LTE. i picked it just for this purpose because i use SVLTE. its a feature i like and i will pretty much refuse to get any Tri Band phone unless they include this. of course i just got my note 3 so i have a couple of years to see if they ever include this.

• Like 1

whoops i didnt even realize i was posting on the wrong topic for my area lol. and yeah i know my phone is only a single band LTE. i picked it just for this purpose because i use SVLTE. its a feature i like and i will pretty much refuse to get any Tri Band phone unless they include this. of course i just got my note 3 so i have a couple of years to see if they ever include this.

Highly doubt you're ever going to see SVLTE. Hey you don't have it now with no LTE in Lima. [emoji6]

Having Tri-band completely outweighs SVLTE. Your only hope is VoLTE and as you see that's going to be a while as well.

I don't know your daily requirements for SVLTE but the only time I found myself needing it was to look up the number to a pizza/Chinese place while talking to my wife and it's not the end of the world for me to tell her that I'll call her right back. The other times, I already found myself in WiFi at home.

Same as above, rarely use that feature but we have a mini workaround.... Use Google voice for calling (can be bad sounding if you don't have a great data connection.

Your going to be waiting until mid 15 or later for Sprints VoLTE though as mentioned above.

• Like 2