Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Washington Ch, that whole 71 s corridor, Asheville, london, plain city, jonhstown, granvillle, Huber ridge, new Albany, reynoldsburg....all will have spots of 4g lte work done in the next 90. If its turned on remains to be seen. Looks as tho most the outskirts of Columbus. similar looking map for NV 3g as well.

I live in Granville, excited!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Mostly outskirts, a few in the arena area as well. I'm excited. Sensorly should start purpling up in June.

Any word on the tiny area of Pataskala? Permits were pulled relatively early on... :D

I'm new so excuse my ignorance. Can someone let me know where you are getting information on the permits, etc. Would like to know when/if Grove City is getting any love from Sprint any time soon.

I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about LTE and repeaters. We have a nice expensive repeater set up at work to get better voice quality. Will LTE amplify over existing cdma pcs repeaters in the same way voice and data do?

Edited by Ejwilliamson90

I'm new so excuse my ignorance. Can someone let me know where you are getting information on the permits, etc. Would like to know when/if Grove City is getting any love from Sprint any time soon.

The permits are public knowledge and are on the Columbus permit site. If you donate money to S4GRU you will have access to the side of the site that has maps for where permits have been pulled, tower names, what work has been completed, etc.

west Jefferson and my sterling will but I don't see anything for grove city in the next 90 days. To add Athens and Cambridge will be lighting up pretty heavily

I recall seeing one in north pataskala by Morse rd.. So very north

That is nuts... Both tonight and last night I dropped a call at the same place on 310 just south of Morse Rd. I noticed (phone is in car dock) my service plummet from just past 161 to around 1 or 2 bars and then just drop altogether. Typically I have almost full bars the entire commute. Until I step into my house of course... Gotta love it. At least the airave works, :).

We had heard that there was quite a bit of work being done in Newark are you able to confirm any of that?

Thanks for the updates!

That is nuts... Both tonight and last night I dropped a call at the same place on 310 just south of Morse Rd. I noticed (phone is in car dock) my service plummet from just past 161 to around 1 or 2 bars and then just drop altogether. Typically I have almost full bars the entire commute. Until I step into my house of course... Gotta love it. At least the airave works, :).

We had heard that there was quite a bit of work being done in Newark are you able to confirm any of that?

Thanks for the updates!

That is probably the same tower, its 310 and morse just a little west of the intersection. I was wrong in saying its slated for 4g in the next 90 days its only showing network vision 3G. I am really most excited about all of the 800Mhz, work that will be being done in the market. Thats going to be the greatest thing IMO.

• Like 1

Mount Vernon , bellefontaine, and Marion will be getting lots of love too it appears.

My advice is at the end of the month everybody fire up there mapping apps and start charting. Should be fun to watch.

Been lingering, but THAT got me to join. I'm in mount Vernon, near the edge of Centerburg. So I am pretty darned excited to see that!

Of course we're right on the cusp of signal. You can maintain conversations when calling in the house, but it cuts out every so often. As I understand it, the antennas themselves are upgraded and that will improve signal strength a bit? Assuming that's the case, I'd bet it be just enough to give us consistent signal.

It sounds like what people had said about starting on the outside and working it's way in is accurate. The other thing I look forward to is Westerville, as I work in westerville. I get GREAT signal here, but AWFUL bandwidth. Usually around 100k, and it's not a reliable 100k, I often simply cannot pull up things on my phone when I am here. At this rate, I don't even care about 4g, just looking forward to improved 3g.

• Like 1

I'm dying. I can't even use my phone for voice today. No signal anywhere near my house, within like 2 miles. This is becoming a consistent problem and the reps keep telling me that everything is checking back ok, and that there is likely work being done on the towers near me, but can't check for sure.

Can any of you see if there is work around the west broad street and Norton road intersection?

I'm dying. I can't even use my phone for voice today. No signal anywhere near my house, within like 2 miles. This is becoming a consistent problem and the reps keep telling me that everything is checking back ok, and that there is likely work being done on the towers near me, but can't check for sure.

Can any of you see if there is work around the west broad street and Norton road intersection?

I'm working from home today near Galloway and Hall road and have no voice problems (iPhone 5). But perhaps I'm hitting a different tower from where I am?

I'm working from home today near Galloway and Hall road and have no voice problems (iPhone 5). But perhaps I'm hitting a different tower from where I am?

I'm almost smack in the middle of the tower on Norton road and another off of broad st. So I'm not sure which I'm actually on. Hopefully it gets better. Don't want to have to take my phone in.

Sprint is a nightmare for me, and had been for the past year or maybe two.

I'm almost smack in the middle of the tower on Norton road and another off of broad st. So I'm not sure which I'm actually on. Hopefully it gets better. Don't want to have to take my phone in.

I've had a lot of data issues with Sprint in the past year, but hopefully these network upgrades will fix all that!

There's a lot of work going on in Columbus right now, so if you're having issues that are out of the ordinary, I'd guess it has something to do with the work being done. Things will get a little worse before they get better. But I've partaken in NV in other cities recently, and it's well worth the wait.

Use signal check app and if you like it, support the dev and buy the pro version. I bought pro so I'll get lte alerts when it finds it.

The app shows you exact location of the towers and strength.

uploadfromtaptalk1368021356489.jpg

At West Broad and Norton you are probably on the tower behind the car wash on Norton Rd.

In either case they have been doing ground work on both towers near you. (cabinets, fiber, etc)

I haven't checked the towers for a couple of weeks but I may do so today to see if any tower work has been done.

At West Broad and Norton you are probably on the tower behind the car wash on Norton Rd.

In either case they have been doing ground work on both towers near you. (cabinets, fiber, etc)

I haven't checked the towers for a couple of weeks but I may do so today to see if any tower work has been done.

That's the one I usually drive pass. I'm not too sure but it looks like 2 dish looking things have been added. I don't remember seeing them the first few times I went by. Let us know if it looks any different to you!

Ericsson doing routine maintenance and another contractor just pulled up to the tower. I'll stop by later and see if legacy cabinet replaced or any NV work is being completed.

uploadfromtaptalk1368021940165.jpg

Use signal check app and if you like it, support the dev and buy the pro version. I bought pro so I'll get lte alerts when it finds it.

The app shows you exact location of the towers and strength.

I will have a look at that app. Thanks!

BTW - I saw them placing new antennas on the tower at 2500 W Dublin Granville Rd in North Columbus (Rt 161 in Linworth) last Thursday, May 2nd. I wasn't able to get any pictures due to rush hour traffic but there were two men up on the tower and two on the ground at about 5:30 PM. I'll try to swing by there for some pictures today.

• Like 1

BTW - I saw them placing new antennas on the tower at 2500 W Dublin Granville Rd in North Columbus (Rt 161 in Linworth) last Thursday, May 2nd. I wasn't able to get any pictures due to rush hour traffic but there were two men up on the tower and two on the ground at about 5:30 PM. I'll try to swing by there for some pictures today.

Get pictures to verify and you can put in the "in progress" thread.

that tower is planned 1900mhz 4g in the next 6 months.

that tower is planned 1900mhz 4g in the next 6 months.

That's awesome! I can't remember, was 1900mhz the faster one? Not that it matters to much, anything is better than what we have now.

Thanks for the update!!!