Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

They're in charge of the legacy equipment in that they perform the maintenance required on the infrastructure. Also, you're correct that from everything I've seen work has begun but no sites have been inspected/accepted heretofore.

Cool, that's what I thought.

In that vein, work may have started on the tower in my subdivision. Saw a bobcat type thing right at the tower digging and some equipment laid out. Going on a "walk" now.

• Like 1

Cool, that's what I thought.

In that vein, work may have started on the tower in my subdivision. Saw a bobcat type thing right at the tower digging and some equipment laid out. Going on a "walk" now.

Wow, one long walk... Still not back! :huh:

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

They're in charge of the legacy equipment in that they perform the maintenance required on the infrastructure. Also, you're correct that from everything I've seen work has begun but no sites have been inspected/accepted heretofore.

Ericsson has a nationwide contract to provide maintenance to the entire network...legacy and Network Vision equipment. At a NV site, any work that is not covered by OEM warranty, would be the responsibility of Ericsson, or future Sprint Maintenance Contractor should Ericsson not win the next maintenance contract period.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

Ericsson has a nationwide contract to provide maintenance to the entire network...legacy and Network Vision equipment. At a NV site, any work that is not covered by OEM warranty, would be the responsibility of Ericsson, or future Sprint Maintenance Contractor should Ericsson not win the next maintenance contract period.

Do you know when the contract with Ericsson is up?

Do you know when the contract with Ericsson is up?

I don't remember off the top of my head. But I believe it's less than two years.

I got some updates well two updates. The first one is I work in Whitehall and on the way home I always drive down courtright and on the sprint tower that is on that street I happened to look over and there was the new cabinets but not installed. The second update which is the biggest I think is on the south end of town which is where I stay I was heading to the bank on lockbourne and Marion rd and a full fledge crew was working they were digging into the ground and everything and the new cabinets were also mounted. Heres a pic of it. I tried to get the pic the best way I could.

image-1315660901.png

I got some updates well two updates. The first one is I work in Whitehall and on the way home I always drive down courtright and on the sprint tower that is on that street I happened to look over and there was the new cabinets but not installed. The second update which is the biggest I think is on the south end of town which is where I stay I was heading to the bank on lockbourne and Marion rd and a full fledge crew was working they were digging into the ground and everything and the new cabinets were also mounted. Heres a pic of it. I tried to get the pic the best way I could.

That's interesting. Would explain why I have been stuck on 1 bar on 1x and 3g service that's in and out....

Usually I sit in my house with 3bars on 1x, and the 3g is usually around 0.10-0.15 Mbps, but for the past 2 or 3 days I am getting mostly 1 bar on 1x, periodically throughout the day. The 3G just cuts out completely and the icon indicating that 3G is active will just shut off minutes at a time, and I can't do anything that involves data.

On 04/26/13 I actually got 2.17Mbps at around 1:30 AM, usually if I test around that time, I get at best, 0.8xMbps. I'm not sure if this is all part of NV or not but there's definitely something going on with the sprint service in the lincoln village area. I'll have to find a couple towers in my area and have a look with my rookie eyes. (I've looked at the topics for spotting the new Sprint RRU's.) Hopefully I can see something positive, if anything at all with my Camera on the GS3, or naked eye. If I manage to get any good pics I'll post them.

You take any courtright pictures, if not I'll take some today.... I'm always in the area!

No I just happened to look over at the tower and saw it in passing. Its the tower thats behind that barber shop 2138 courtright rd.

My data with sprint is 3G, and every speedtest I look at is Ehrpd. Does that necessarily mean that the towers hardware has been updated to the LTE hardware?

Edit: I did manage to get a quick look at the towers around my area. 1 of them that is fairly close to me looked to have the 6 wires coming from the panels, but I couldn't really tell because I have no means of getting a close up look.

Edited by Zaevansious

My data with sprint is 3G, and every speedtest I look at is Ehrpd. Does that necessarily mean that the towers hardware has been updated to the LTE hardware?

Edit: I did manage to get a quick look at the towers around my area. 1 of them that is fairly close to me looked to have the 6 wires coming from the panels, but I couldn't really tell because I have no means of getting a close up look.

Unfortunately, Ehrpd does NOT mean that the towers in your area have been updated. What it means is that in the future, could be 1 month could be a year you will have LTE and it helps transition from tower to tower. From my understanding, it is a very easy "flip switch" process for Sprint so they do it pretty arbitrarily. As for the wiring, that sounds positive but we would really need pictures before we can make sure. Most cell towers have multiple carriers on each tower so it's difficult to confirm it is Sprint without that. Thanks for checking it out!

Using signal check pro I don't see a tower at 70 @ 256. Watched a crew take down and install new rru. Bad pictures but only have my phone, could it be new tower do they not look like sprint

uploadfromtaptalk1367524859022.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367524880400.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367524901451.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1367524918209.jpg

Have seen panels and cabinets at the Curtis site in Delaware.That was last week, I will check again tonight on the way home to see what progress has been made.

Have seen panels and cabinets at the Curtis site in Delaware.That was last week, I will check again tonight on the way home to see what progress has been made.

Saw those Saturday, just haven't made it back over there to get better pix. they were up installing the antennas and RRUs sat and tuesday. I'm actually between that tower and the one at Hyatts and 23 so i cant wait until both are complete. Hoping I can get rid of my Airrave

Using signal check pro I don't see a tower at 70 @ 256. Watched a crew take down and install new rru. Bad pictures but only have my phone, could it be new tower do they not look like sprint

Anyone able to see if any sprint equipment on the tower?

Anyone able to see if any sprint equipment on the tower?

Hard to say. I looked at the NV Map and there doesn't appear to be a Sprint tower right at the intersection of 70 @ 256. Appears to be on north of 70 on 256 (Lancaster Ave) but not right at the intersection.

Hard to say. I looked at the NV Map and there doesn't appear to be a Sprint tower right at the intersection of 70 @ 256. Appears to be on north of 70 on 256 (Lancaster Ave) but not right at the intersection.

Looks like ATT equipment to me.

Ok, was hoping it was new site bc looked kinda like sprint and I watched them install them yesterday...

It was certainly worth reporting. Sounds like we have some activity up in Delaware on north side of town for antennas. Keep your eyes peeled - I have a feeling we're getting close. Cleveland has some antenna activity as well. Maybe Sprint really hasn't forgot about Ohio?

It was certainly worth reporting. Sounds like we have some activity up in Delaware on north side of town for antennas. Keep your eyes peeled - I have a feeling we're getting close. Cleveland has some antenna activity as well. Maybe Sprint really hasn't forgot about Ohio?

Definitely, I'm trying to make it to the courtright tower tomorrow to check things out.

If you look at the towers in progress map, they're obviously working very hard at towers in Columbus. Tons are in progress. I think we'll start to see accepted sites in a couple weeks.

I'm in Nashville for a few days and it's nice to take part in a market that's in the midst of a rollout. Got 25 megs down yesterday and 11 up. Mostly it's been about 15 down and about 5 up. LTE isn't everywhere but it's upwards of 50% where I've been, and 3G is pretty fast where it isn't.