Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I'll let ya know. My "source" marks all upgrades to be completed at the end of every month. I feel like the are all put at the end of the month as some sort of deadline to complete and not the exact date it'll be done. Still with what i can see all the NV sites that i can see being done in the near future are marked by being 90 days to completion or 180 days. Given the date i originally saw we still have 60 days left to determine my sources accuracy. I trust my source still, and i recently re-downloaded sensorly.  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

• Like 1

I honestly think there is more going on than we can see, I'm pretty sure Premier Sponsors have an exact idea on when we should get LTE. I'm trying to get to that level.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

As much as I would love for you to donate and upgrade, there is no specific info about the Columbus market in the Premier Sponsor thread about LTE timelines.  As wonderful as the Premier Sponsor data is, that is not included.  Original Network Vision deployment schedules are there, but only for first and second round markets.

Robert

I'll let ya know. My "source" marks all upgrades to be completed at the end of every month. I feel like the are all put at the end of the month as some sort of deadline to complete and not the exact date it'll be done. Still with what i can see all the NV sites that i can see being done in the near future are marked by being 90 days to completion or 180 days. Given the date i originally saw we still have 60 days left to determine my sources accuracy. I trust my source still, and i recently re-downloaded sensorly.  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:  :tu:

The market will not be complete in 30 days.  Nowhere even close to that.

The Columbus market will have to be deployed in a similar fashion to the Chicago market, as it is also going from Motorola to Samsung equipment.  They may have to do an intensive 3G upgrade first to minimize voice service disruptions at NV/legacy RF seams.

Robert

The Columbus market will have to be deployed in a similar fashion to the Chicago market, as it is also going from Motorola to Samsung equipment.  They may have to do an intensive 3G upgrade first to minimize voice service disruptions at NV/legacy RF seams.

Robert

Never said the market would be complete in 30 days, only implying we will see sites with varying degrees of NV go live in the next 60 days.

• Like 1

Never said the market would be complete in 30 days, only implying we will see sites with varying degrees of NV go live in the next 60 days.

I wasn't really sure what you were saying.  But it was this quote of yours that was throwing me off:  "I feel like the are all put at the end of the month as some sort of deadline to complete and not the exact date it'll be done."  Thank you for clarifying that part.

Robert

I wasn't really sure what you were saying.  But it was this quote of yours that was throwing me off:  "I feel like the are all put at the end of the month as some sort of deadline to complete and not the exact date it'll be done."  Thank you for clarifying that part.

Robert

ahhh.. I get a calendar view of market upgrades, in the view, all the planned upgrades are listed at the very end of the month. So no exact date is given to any of them that i can view, leading me to an assumption that the upgrade deadlines are due by the end of the month. Apologies for any confusion and improper grammar haha.

• Like 1

Robert

I was wondering if they've been up to that since we've seen a lot of work being done, but nothing launched yet. Wondering if they're launching in clusters.

I know it'll be here faster than we know! We're the cheerleaders for it.what does everything think of all this dish clear wire SoftBank and sprint, and Chinese govt drama lol

It seems that DISH has no real means of making the proposed aquisition, but rather intends to complicate the aquisition of Clear for Sprint, thus hoping to push Clear closer to bankruptcy so that they can competively bid on Clear's spectrum holdings.  The real win for Sprint comes June 12th when the vote to approve the SoftBank deal should be completed.  That would close July 1 and allow them to accelerate the buildout of NV, which hopefully means Columbus would be completed faster (probably wishful thinking).  With the letter sent by Dan Hesse to Clear specifying why the DISH proposal holds no traction, hopefully Clear will go ahead and accept Sprint's latest offer so that they can incorporate that Spectrum into their NV plans.  Clear's spectrum holdings could potentially ensure that Sprint has the fastest, most robust network in the industry.

• Like 1

I wish I could get these in Columbus. These are from Buckeye Lake.

uploadfromtaptalk1370355082176.jpg

• Like 1

Bad pictures but it's from welsh Rd licking County, just outside of Granville...

What say you?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

It's hard to say with 100% certainty, but I feel good that the top rack is a Sprint Samsung NV install.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Bad pictures but it's from welsh Rd licking County, just outside of Granville...

What say you?

Really hard for me to tell. I was trying to see if there were 2 RRU's per sector but I just can't see enough detail. Leaning towards those being NV panels and RRU's.

Ohio shows .1% network vision!!! Its not much but of the 1500 towers in Ohio one of them is got an element of NV.

Yeah there's the one new build in downtown Columbus that was built to NV specs. I think Dayton or Cleveland has a new build as well.

What say you?

It's hard to say with 100% certainty, but I feel good that the top rack is a Sprint Samsung NV install.

Robert via Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It so looks like NV equipment to me... Wish I had a a good camera :( I'll keep my eyes open as usual, no new cabinets though.

It so looks like NV equipment to me... Wish I had a a good camera :( I'll keep my eyes open as usual, no new cabinets though.

Were there the two new Samsung cabinets at the base of the tower?

Were there the two new Samsung cabinets at the base of the tower?

No new cabinets,old sprint equipment down below...

No new cabinets,old sprint equipment down below...

So for that site they're at least waiting on the cabinets and possibly the backhaul. Nice to see work being done though.

I wish I could get these in Columbus. These are from Buckeye Lake.

WOW!! I haven't seen speeds on 3g like that in the Columbus market in almost 8 years!!

Saw some guys working on the site out off Alton Darby creek road (hilliard). They were wiring up fiber from the street to the tower. Some guys were inside the fenced area. Didn't spot new panels but couldn't get a good look for the cabinets. Sprint only site.