Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

I was driving on 70E today on west side of town and saw ropes hanging from a tower on the north side of the highway. I was convinced that a Sprint tower was near that location. After driving in a circle for a long time trying to find exactly where the tower was, I got near it and did see tower dogs working on it. Unfortunately it's not a Sprint tower. I am pretty sure it's TMobile or AT&T.

Only tower dogs in town should be working on Sprint! Don't tease me like that again.

My office is about 0.5 miles from the tower on Alum Creek and Livingston and i am getting about 1.6 down and 0.62 up on 3G. I drove by today and it seemed like the cabinets are plugged in, but i also have no idea if i am looking at the right thing.

My office is about 0.5 miles from the tower on Alum Creek and Livingston and i am getting about 1.6 down and 0.62 up on 3G. I drove by today and it seemed like the cabinets are plugged in, but i also have no idea if i am looking at the right thing.

See if you can get a picture of the cabinets. I get those speeds on a tower that hasn't had NV done. There aren't many houses in the area and not many businesses, so I would guess it keeps those speeds due to not getting much traffic.

Noticed yesterday that they had someone out for the site at the end of my neighborhood that is on top of a utility tower that was marking where all the underground utility lines are. I would assume this is preparation for fiber to be installed or whatever other digging they'll need to do? Need to go get a closer look at cabinets there, been a couple weeks. I have the feeling that this one may be slightly delayed due to the antenna arrays being directly above power lines.. I would assume special contractors would be needed.

• Like 1

Some "network vision" updates being done by Frantz and Hayden Run. Any thoughts?

We don't appear to have a permit pulled for that location, I sure hope it's not the T-Mobile or Verizon upgrades we've seen...

We don't appear to have a permit pulled for that location, I sure hope it's not the T-Mobile or Verizon upgrades we've seen...

Maybe it's under a township and we haven't seen it... Hope so!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Did another speed test and signal strength and speeds were way down from a week ago....0.65 down and 0.04 up on 3G. I am less than 0.5 miles from the Livingston and Alum Creek tower that has the new cabinet.

Did another speed test and signal strength and speeds were way down from a week ago....0.65 down and 0.04 up on 3G. I am less than 0.5 miles from the Livingston and Alum Creek tower that has the new cabinet.

I'm sure it hasn't been hooked up yet. At least we know that some NV work has begun in Columbus. Next thing for everyone to watch out for is people working on the towers themselves. Keep your eyes to the sky!

I'm sure it hasn't been hooked up yet. At least we know that some NV work has begun in Columbus. Next thing for everyone to watch out for is people working on the towers themselves. Keep your eyes to the sky!

It's hooked up all right, I don't think fiber has been ran yet to the tower... Concrete and gravel all around it and no new flags, signs of any digging.

It's hooked up all right, I don't think fiber has been ran yet to the tower... Concrete and gravel all around it and no new flags, signs of any digging.

Right, the fiber probably hasn't been hooked up like you said. Otherwise I would think the site would be mostly complete and ready for submission for Sprint's approval.

There was a man from Ericsson I met the other day and he said that they were involved in columbus NV upgrades. I didn't realize this.....is this confirmed on here by anyone? He also mentioned it not being complete till end of year .....which I see feasible for our entire market but surely we will see some live activity sooner than later. I hope he was just a negative nelly!

There was a man from Ericsson I met the other day and he said that they were involved in columbus NV upgrades. I didn't realize this.....is this confirmed on here by anyone? He also mentioned it not being complete till end of year .....which I see feasible for our entire market but surely we will see some live activity sooner than later. I hope he was just a negative nelly!

Ericsson is involved in the maintenance and inspections in your market, yes.

• Like 1

I thought Columbus was Samsung only, but who knows.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I thought Columbus was Samsung only, but who knows.

Samsung is who is hiring contractors/performing the builds in this area. Sprint's whole network is maintained by Ericsson who is also contracted to do inspections of sites to be accepted.

Samsung is who is hiring contractors/performing the builds in this area. Sprint's whole network is maintained by Ericsson who is also contracted to do inspections of sites to be accepted.

Cool, thank you brotha.

• Like 1

They're also in charge of legacy equipment, right?

About what he said about it not being completed until end of year, that's reasonable. But it's already started, though no sites have been accepted as of now.

They're also in charge of legacy equipment, right?

About what he said about it not being completed until end of year, that's reasonable. But it's already started, though no sites have been accepted as of now.

They're in charge of the legacy equipment in that they perform the maintenance required on the infrastructure. Also, you're correct that from everything I've seen work has begun but no sites have been inspected/accepted heretofore.