Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

When you start getting dropped calls from hard handoffs, be excited because NV may be the cause, Chi-Style.

I've been getting quite a few dropped calls on 70E towards Reynoldsburg / Pataskala. Just before and after the 270 loop. I've been keeping my eyes out, it looked like there was a crew working on a tower just east of 270, but I wasn't able to snap any pictures...

I'm not surprised... I always have had issues in that area.

That's weird. Until about three months ago, I was always impressed with the speeds I'd get, especially just south of 270 on Broadway.

In any case, I hope it's a sign of upgrades happening.

That's weird. Until about three months ago, I was always impressed with the speeds I'd get, especially just south of 270 on Broadway.

In any case, I hope it's a sign of upgrades happening.

I guess my problems have been on 270 going east just before and after the exit. However I'm also on the iphone 5, which has been notorious for bad 3G coverage in non-upgraded markets on sprint.

I've been getting quite a few dropped calls on 70E towards Reynoldsburg / Pataskala. Just before and after the 270 loop. I've been keeping my eyes out, it looked like there was a crew working on a tower just east of 270, but I wasn't able to snap any pictures...

The tower across I70 where blacklick park and the Junior high is will be getting a rip and replace soon. Hasn't happened yet. Its my understanding that a lot of the work for the market is planned but hasn't officially been signed off on yet. Soon, soon, soon.

No good news near Galloway/hilliard either. Still crappy as ever.

I stopped by the norton tower and snapped a few pictures but can't tell if it has the right equipment on the towers yet when I compare them to the thread with the tutorial. I remember that the cabinets have been upgraded though.

post-8050-13686159396991_thumb.jpg

post-8050-1368615949087_thumb.jpg

I stopped by the norton tower and snapped a few pictures but can't tell if it has the right equipment on the towers yet when I compare them to the thread with the tutorial. I remember that the cabinets have been upgraded though.

post-8050-13686159396991_thumb.jpg

post-8050-1368615949087_thumb.jpg

As far as I can tell those are the old panels and RRU's. Thanks for the update though!

The tower across I70 where blacklick park and the Junior high is will be getting a rip and replace soon. Hasn't happened yet. Its my understanding that a lot of the work for the market is planned but hasn't officially been signed off on yet. Soon, soon, soon.

Wonder what the holdup is. I'll have to look and see where the tower is at Blacklick, I love that park and haven't been over there yet this year.

You mentioned rip and replace. Does that mean that they're going to be taking down the existing equipment at the same time as they install the new? And is that how they're planning on doing everything in Columbus or is that one an outlier?

• Like 1

Wonder what the holdup is. I'll have to look and see where the tower is at Blacklick, I love that park and haven't been over there yet this year.

You mentioned rip and replace. Does that mean that they're going to be taking down the existing equipment at the same time as they install the new? And is that how they're planning on doing everything in Columbus or is that one an outlier?

Yes. The old legacy equipment will be pulled and new Samsung will be put in its place. This will be for the entire market. They will work on a cluster and then move to the next. If you plan on looking at the tower its not at black lick but on the opposite side of 70.

Yes. The old legacy equipment will be pulled and new Samsung will be put in its place. This will be for the entire market. They will work on a cluster and then move to the next. If you plan on looking at the tower its not at black lick but on the opposite side of 70.

Interesting, so it sounds like once they start that it's going to be pretty aggressive. Looks like the one near Blacklick is between Americana Parkway and 70. So yeah, I'm not sure how possible it will be to get close to that unless you just pull over on 70 and get pictures with a good camera. It's closer to 70 than Americana Parkway, and there are businesses off that road.

Interesting, so it sounds like once they start that it's going to be pretty aggressive. Looks like the one near Blacklick is between Americana Parkway and 70. So yeah, I'm not sure how possible it will be to get close to that unless you just pull over on 70 and get pictures with a good camera. It's closer to 70 than Americana Parkway, and there are businesses off that road.

it'll be aggressive in the clusters they working on. I'm not sure if the market as a whole will be done so aggressively.

Quick question. I do not know if its a phone related issue or what but I noticed the past 24 hours that when I am streaming music on spotify that my phone gets really hot and my battery draining faster than normal but also the app will stop playing and and connecting. Is this all because my phone is searching harder than normal to get and hold a 3g signal due to the NV work being done?

Quick question. I do not know if its a phone related issue or what but I noticed the past 24 hours that when I am streaming music on spotify that my phone gets really hot and my battery draining faster than normal but also the app will stop playing and and connecting. Is this all because my phone is searching harder than normal to get and hold a 3g signal due to the NV work being done?

Typically a phone that demands a higher bandwidth that what is readily available to use in the area will get hot/warm. If it is plugged in it will extrapolate this effect. You would also see a greater reduction in battery as well. I highly doubt that its a problem with your phone. Try pairing it with WiFi and try the same thing, chances are it will not get hot. I do not believe this would have anything to do with NV simply because the whole market has been experiencing slow data for a while now.

Typically a phone that demands a higher bandwidth that what is readily available to use in the area will get hot/warm. If it is plugged in it will extrapolate this effect. You would also see a greater reduction in battery as well. I highly doubt that its a problem with your phone. Try pairing it with WiFi and try the same thing, chances are it will not get hot. I do not believe this would have anything to do with NV simply because the whole market has been experiencing slow data for a while now.

Thanks I tired wifi and it was just fine. But it makes a lot of sense but yet its crazy at the same time cause there isa tower not even 1 minute from me but that wouldn't go for much specially when you have numerous people using it.

Thanks I tired wifi and it was just fine. But it makes a lot of sense but yet its crazy at the same time cause there isa tower not even 1 minute from me but that wouldn't go for much specially when you have numerous people using it.

If you did it around 7 or 8 last night, chances are those were peak hours and your phone was having to work harder to pull in that data from the tower. I have issues with Google Music as well, it seems to demand more bandwidth than Spotify or Pandora and it stutters on a few towers on the east side.

I've been dropping calls every time I travel down 161 near Godown.  Any information on what is going on in that are.  A couple other areas around town I'm having the same trouble, but I travel that way several days a week. 

I'll drive it today and report back, going east or west?

Prolly NV upgrades though but who knows, the market is over burdened.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

Anyone else check Sensorly almost every day for 4G in Columbus?

I do......watching for Dayton and Cincinnati....hopefully they will swing back to Richmond and get these towers done!

On my way home the sprint tower on courtright had workers at the top adding the new panels . The pic is blurry but it was the best I could do driving by

image-1878218748.png

• Like 1