Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Nice. Is this on the west side?

No It is on the east side off of Refugee Rd

Long time lurker, first time poster. Cedric, I see you're here :)

I'm in Johnstown. The only thing I have to report is I am connecting to a new BID tonight. No, it's not someone's Airave (NID is correct for area, and I dialed *99 to make sure I wasn't connected to someone's Airave). 3G speed tests are as dismal as usual.

Unfortunately for everyone here, I am still happily rocking an Epic 4G and cannot do further testing since I do not have an LTE-enabled (or even ePHRD) phone.

Long time lurker, first time poster. Cedric, I see you're here :)

I'm in Johnstown. The only thing I have to report is I am connecting to a new BID tonight. No, it's not someone's Airave (NID is correct for area, and I dialed *99 to make sure I wasn't connected to someone's Airave). 3G speed tests are as dismal as usual.

Unfortunately for everyone here, I am still happily rocking an Epic 4G and cannot do further testing since I do not have an LTE-enabled (or even ePHRD) phone.

What's up? How you been?

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Just recently returned from a trip to Dunn,Nc. When I arrived in the state I immediately enabled LTE on my I5 since I read that Sprint had launched It. Once we got to Dunn LTE was on. I was like Yay. So I began my own speed test and web browsing. Sick!!!! And the call quality...sick!!! In my opinion if Sprint can get this up in Ohio and every Market they will dominate the comp. until then they will just be losing custys. I did give me new hope on waiting but how much longer as my service is so bad in Columbus

• Like 2

Just recently returned from a trip to Dunn,Nc. When I arrived in the state I immediately enabled LTE on my I5 since I read that Sprint had launched It. Once we got to Dunn LTE was on. I was like Yay. So I began my own speed test and web browsing. Sick!!!! And the call quality...sick!!! In my opinion if Sprint can get this up in Ohio and every Market they will dominate the comp. until then they will just be losing custys. I did give me new hope on waiting but how much longer as my service is so bad in Columbus

What kind of speeds were you getting?

Lowest I got 8mps dl 3mps u. Then 16 down 7up. I got as high as 21up and 7dwn. It was consistent around the 10 and 13 range up. I didn't want to leave the area I enjoyed it so much.

How is the WiMAX in Columbus?

WiMax in Columbus was very good the last few years when I've been there, but EVDO was terrible.  I always turned on WiMax when I actually needed good data, then turned it off to save battery on my OG EVO, then GS2.  Sometimes I couldn't get a simple twitter refresh on EVDO...

Columbus tower spacing always seemed to be fine to me, just need LTE and SMR and they will be golden.

I live near 70 and James rd area 43227 and the reception is horrible for a 2 mile stretch. Today I was on 71n bound by fairgrounds and my voice got real static and fluttery. Why was VZW able to get LTE up and running so quick? I'm sure they had to go thru the same protocol as Sprint

I live near 70 and James rd area 43227 and the reception is horrible for a 2 mile stretch. Today I was on 71n bound by fairgrounds and my voice got real static and fluttery. Why was VZW able to get LTE up and running so quick? I'm sure they had to go thru the same protocol as Sprint

Verizon did LTE a couple years ago. Sprint is redoing their entire network in about 24 months, IIRC. That's pretty fast.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about the logistics but the end result I know will be a + for custys if we can hold on. I hope the LTE coverage and signal is better than the WiMAX I had with the Evo

• Like 1

Anyone got any updates?

I don't have any inside info, but looking from the sponsor side, things appear to be coming together, but we haven't seen huge leaps forward.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

When you start getting dropped calls from hard handoffs, be excited because NV may be the cause, Chi-Style.

Any news on Columbus yet? Seems like work is ongoing to prepare sites around the city but they haven't started finishing the sites yet.

Unless they're doing it differently and finishing sites and then launching LTE in clusters. From what I understand, in other markets, they're launching LTE on the tower as it becomes available.

Any news on Columbus yet? Seems like work is ongoing to prepare sites around the city but they haven't started finishing the sites yet.

Unless they're doing it differently and finishing sites and then launching LTE in clusters. From what I understand, in other markets, they're launching LTE on the tower as it becomes available.

I was looking at sensorly and noticed a tiny blip in Colorado. Can't wait for that here. I'll have to check if it's a sprint tower but there were a bunch of big and little boxes on Galloway road just before west broad.

There's an Lte tower up in Canton. It doesn't have service yet but it's there. Check sensorly to confirm. =D

If you're talking about the gray part, that doesn't mean anything but that someone was checking for Sprint LTE coverage and nothing was there.

If you're talking about the gray part, that doesn't mean anything but that someone was checking for Sprint LTE coverage and nothing was there.

Well if that is the case then I do apologize! I was going on the thought that if it was just someone searching for LTE then there would be more gray on the map. I'm just so anxious waiting. Would be so nice to send an email or loading a website without waiting 5 minutes for it to load.

Well if that is the case then I do apologize! I was going on the thought that if it was just someone searching for LTE then there would be more gray on the map. I'm just so anxious waiting. Would be so nice to send an email or loading a website without waiting 5 minutes for it to load.

It's no problem, I think that's gotten quite a few people.

Has anyone called Sprint to complain about their data being practically unusable in most of Columbus and received a form of credit? We're paying $10 for "advanced data" and can't even obtain solid 3G data.

Has anyone called Sprint to complain about their data being practically unusable in most of Columbus and received a form of credit? We're paying $10 for "advanced data" and can't even obtain solid 3G data.

I am over here in Richmond, IN and went to a business meeting at lunch and had no data. I called Sprint and they said the tower was down and gave me a $10 credit ...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I am over here in Richmond, IN and went to a business meeting at lunch and had no data. I called Sprint and they said the tower was down and gave me a $10 credit ... I can confirm this. I received 1998 for 3 days

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sent from S4GRU Mobile