As far as I know Airaves do not improve data. These devices are for voice only.

@l3x

I never heard of it improving data either. But I was getting a solid 2mbps which is a huge difference once I leave my neighborhood as it goes to .05 lol

I have an airave since I get dropped calls and voicemails are delayed until I leave the area around my home. Actually on my third one. First one got killed during a thunderstorm (I think). The replacement they sent would never acquire a network signal. This one was replaced and arrived yesterday. Hooked it up today and it is working like the first one did.

About the airave, it does provide 3G data speeds. I've gotten about 2.5Mbps down during testing, but I use my Wifi for my data at home. Unless you go online and set it up, all airwaves will permit up to five Sprint devices to connect to it at one time. I left it on so any friends with Sprint who come to my house can access real 3G data.

After going through the telephone interview, I was provided the airave for almost free. I have to pay taxes up to a limit of $3 per month for the telephone line assigned to it. They will check your coverage area and if your experience warrants it, send you one for free and waive the activation fee. I think the key for me was the dropped calls and the delayed voicemail delivery until I was a few block from my home.

Supposed to work up to 2,000 ft, but I'd say it is probably closer to half that.

• Like 2

I have an airave since I get dropped calls and voicemails are delayed until I leave the area around my home. Actually on my third one. First one got killed during a thunderstorm (I think). The replacement they sent would never acquire a network signal. This one was replaced and arrived yesterday. Hooked it up today and it is working like the first one did.

About the airave, it does provide 3G data speeds. I've gotten about 2.5Mbps down during testing, but I use my Wifi for my data at home. Unless you go online and set it up, all airwaves will permit up to five Sprint devices to connect to it at one time. I left it on so any friends with Sprint who come to my house can access real 3G data.

After going through the telephone interview, I was provided the airave for almost free. I have to pay taxes up to a limit of $3 per month for the telephone line assigned to it. They will check your coverage area and if your experience warrants it, send you one for free and waive the activation fee. I think the key for me was the dropped calls and the delayed voicemail delivery until I was a few block from my home.

Supposed to work up to 2,000 ft, but I'd say it is probably closer to half that.

They called me today and I didn't get to the phone. I'll call them back tomorrow and see what they say.

New LTE in Winter Park. I just pulled four bars at Orange Ave & 17-92 w/ 11 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. First time I've ever gotten LTE in this area. Will have to check more, but I believe it is the tower just west of 17-92 on Minnesota Ave.

• Like 7

1119956_10100623281506233_1446334507_o.j

speedtest about 30ft away from the WP Towers as I was stuck in a traffic jam on Lakemont. Managed to get some new LTE points on some side streets off 17-92 as there was another jam I was trying to avoid. I'll try and map Downtown Winter Park tomorrow or Friday.

• Like 1

speedtest about 30ft away from the WP Towers as I was stuck in a traffic jam on Lakemont. Managed to get some new LTE points on some side streets off 17-92 as there was another jam I was trying to avoid. I'll try and map Downtown Winter Park tomorrow or Friday.

Its weird. The day that you guys said there was LTE in all of east waterford area I tried it out and have not been able to establish a data connection since then. Is it possible they were just testing??

• Like 1

Its weird. The day that you guys said there was LTE in all of east waterford area I tried it out and have not been able to establish a data connection since then. Is it possible they were just testing??

It's possible, every few days or so I've found over here that they turn LTE off and then it'll come back on a day or so later.

It's possible, every few days or so I've found over here that they turn LTE off and then it'll come back on a day or so later.

I have seen that too. It was up today though, I mapped some points in front of the post office this morning.

• Like 1

Sprint contacted me again today, I answered this time. They checked for any existing tickets (there is 1 for the data connection issues) and they have and added mine to the list.

In short, what she said was that pretty much all of the voice enhancements are done, now they are in the final stages of launching LTE and it should be completed around the end of this month(at least for my area)..which is awesome. She said they'll have someone investigate the "coverage" issues in this area because my calls are always dropping in my apartment... I don't know if that will do anything, but I did enjoy the phone call back. If it doesnt improve in the next month, I'll call them back and ask them to send me a airrave. It could just be that I am literally on the edge of the signal range because I have LTE and great service 200 feet away on the other side of my building.  B) Wishful thinking here

Edited by jamisonshaw125

Sprint contacted me again today, I answered this time. They checked for any existing tickets (there is 1 for the data connection issues) and they have and added mine to the list.

In short, what she said was that pretty much all of the voice enhancements are done, now they are in the final stages of launching LTE and it should be completed around the end of this month(at least for my area)..which is awesome. She said they'll have someone investigate the "coverage" issues in this area because my calls are always dropping in my apartment... I don't know if that will do anything, but I did enjoy the phone call back. If it doesnt improve in the next month, I'll call them back and ask them to send me a airrave. It could just be that I am literally on the edge of the signal range because I have LTE and great service 200 feet away on the other side of my building.  B) Wishful thinking here

What area is this? I was told the same thing by a rep yesterday. I live in the Metrowest area off of Hiawasee Rd by the Publix

• Like 1

Waterford area. I live in Victoria Place Apartments.

Ah. I see your location now. 50 and alafaya is where you would get lte from when its upgraded. Its on top of the hotel there. I thought you were closer to lake Underhill.

Ah. I see your location now. 50 and alafaya is where you would get lte from when its upgraded. Its on top of the hotel there. I thought you were closer to lake Underhill.

Ah...So which tower am I picking up then when it does happen to connect. I managed to get LTE in the movie theater last night, on and off of course. 

While in Houston, I'm noticing that watching YouTube live streams cuts off sometimes while on 3-4 bars on LTE while in motion, such as riding in the car. I'm wondering if that will stop happening after the 800MHz rolls out? Thoughts?

While in Houston, I'm noticing that watching YouTube live streams cuts off sometimes while on 3-4 bars on LTE while in motion, such as riding in the car. I'm wondering if that will stop happening after the 800MHz rolls out? Thoughts?

You...You....can watch youtube on your phone?? Well I never.

You...You....can watch youtube on your phone?? Well I never.

LOL I know right? Excuse my language, but for it's value, Sprint absolutely shits on AT&T and Verizon out here. I seriously can't wait for Orlando to catch up. I'll never complain about my phone bill again hahaha

• Like 2

Here's my Sprint 3G speed test in Houston. For 3G service, this is the best latency I've ever seen. I'm sure I could get up to 3mbps download if I really tried. Just getting you guys excited here haha

BRQT6s0CcAA3M1G.jpg