Was driving down ISB yesterday to beach street, the back over from nova to beville and Williamson. Had to do a lot of the airplane mode trick to get 4g on isb. On Beville and nova I was able to hold the signal from that intersection until the filitowski eye center on Beville. Had a 22mbps down and 10 up connection according to speed test app.

Also had about 15 seconds of 4g on 17-92 in Deland. Was unable to recapture. I'm going to start running sensorly every time I head down that way.

I've been sticking my phone in LTE only mode while mapping since airplane mode just spams my friends with repeat text messages, It also holds the signal a LOT farther. You need to know your MSL to do this via ##data#; not sure if this works with other phones besides GS3.

Edit: I also mapped west mason and parts of LPGA / jimmy ann and around daytona state college today..

I've been sticking my phone in LTE only mode while mapping since airplane mode just spams my friends with repeat text messages, It also holds the signal a LOT farther. You need to know your MSL to do this via ##data#; not sure if this works with other phones besides GS3.

Edit: I also mapped west mason and parts of LPGA / jimmy ann and around daytona state college today..

The only thing with Sensorly and LTE only is it creates the grey no coverage area on the map when you have no LTE signal. Daytona has some grey on Sensorly, the only area in Florida, this might be causing it.

True, but in those areas i've had the phone still show connection to 4G and have a semi usable speed aswell. Not really sure.. WiMax did have those grey areas aswell in some spots so i'm not really sure.. I really don't see it as a problem since it shows where the signal basically drops off..

Edit: actually in those areas, I do remember mapping while switching between EVDO/CDMA/LTE and LTE only modes.. Could have confused sensorly when the 3G signal dropped and appeared as an LTE signal for a second..

I live in the Daytona area and I just wanted to pop in and say that when I was at Best Buy this evening I just happen to look at my phone (iPhone 5) as I was walking in and noticed I was getting LTE. So I'm guessing that Daytona LTE is live. At least in front of the speedway. When I came out of Best Buy (about 20 minute later) I still had LTE, but once I got home (Town Park in Port Orange) I was back to 3G.

• Like 1

This is what I see what I look up O-town. Oh I'm still getting LTE when driving by the speedway on International Speedway Blvd. in Daytona. This weekend I'm going in a LTE finding adventure to see where else in Daytona I can find it.

Screen_Shot_2013_05_17_at_5_11_50_PM.png

Look on sensorly, the speedway, mason and beville east near nova are all lte active areas.

The 4g on Deland was around 1045 this morning btw.

DeLand has been horrid for me going through the Eastern end (Kepler Rd) mainly lack of 3G until I'm back on 92

Perhaps if you stop by with a box of donuts they will finish sooner and move on to another.

Sent via my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk.

You know I've considered dropping by with goodies. :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Ill give you $5 if you ask them to come hurry up with the two towers in port orange that permits are pulled for :P..

I'll double that! That's $15 total bucks. Tell ya what.. I'll make it an even $20. Ask them when the two Port Orange towers are gonna get some love. :tu:

One thing I am curious about is where the closest tower is to Ponce Inlet?.. Every weekend I take my boat (Mako 284CC) out to disappearing island or a random spot near the inlet. I can't wait until I have LTE out there. Where is the closest tower to disappearing island? :tu:

I'm also curious who's the other person mapping in Daytona because It seems as if someone found LTE around mason and went beachside..(another tower went live? Ahh just looked at sponsor maps, OK.. its becoming a rash!)

That is probably me. It sounds like the route I took running errands the other day. I live on the beach side and lost the 4g around Main St. However last night 4g popped up at my house (closer to Daytona Beach Shores) for about 5 minutes. I had atrocious battery usage all day, I had to recharge 4 times! So it seems they are doing some fiddling with the towers.

That is probably me. It sounds like the route I took running errands the other day. I live on the beach side and lost the 4g around Main St. However last night 4g popped up at my house (closer to Daytona Beach Shores) for about 5 minutes. I had atrocious battery usage all day, I had to recharge 4 times! So it seems they are doing some fiddling with the towers.

Today I did some mapping. I mapped parts of Daytona Beach, but mostly Port Orange which does have a tiny amount of LTE closer to South Daytona. Tomorrow I'll map A1A from Dunlawton to Ponce Inlet on my way to the beach. Maybe after the beach I'll go up to Grananda on A1A. My goal is to map Port Orange every week until solid LTE shows up on Dunlawton and Williamson aka "My hood". lol.

I doubt your going to get anymore out of the tower near beville which is providing a ton of signal thats bouncing through port orange, madeline rd and herbert st. I'm really curious about the hotspot that just appeared on the dunlawton bridge, maybe a tower on beachside went active, unless its just a fluke from the tower @ beville again.. Theres a long streak on international past where my signal dropped from fentress last time, either the downtilt was adjusted or another tower is online(the one on beville near williamson maybe?)

Edit: I'm really upset that the city center tower is now covered with vultures which might delay any work starting any time soon before the permits expire..

Edit: I'm really upset that the city center tower is now covered with vultures which might delay any work starting any time soon before the permits expire..

It may be time to take some measures into your own hands. ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

• Like 2

Today I did some mapping. I mapped parts of Daytona Beach, but mostly Port Orange which does have a tiny amount of LTE closer to South Daytona. Tomorrow I'll map A1A from Dunlawton to Ponce Inlet on my way to the beach. Maybe after the beach I'll go up to Grananda on A1A. My goal is to map Port Orange every week until solid LTE shows up on Dunlawton and Williamson aka "My hood". lol.

South Port Orange along US1 by my office (about 2 blocks north of the Last Resort bar) barely has VOICE coverage, let alone data.

South Port Orange along US1 by my office (about 2 blocks north of the Last Resort bar) barely has VOICE coverage, let alone data.

That will thoroughly improve after n.v. rolls around there..

Edit:

It may be time to take some measures into your own hands.  ;)

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

Would but the old police station is next to it and they still use the gas pumps behind it, plus the tower is covered in PTZ cameras, i've seen one follow me when I walked around the parking lot. They do have it quite watched..

Is it typical for a deploying area to loose 3G ? The randomness of losing and gaining 3G is pretty dramatic on battery life. When I rolled over around 3 this morning I found 3G on my iPhone. First time seeing 3G in DeLand for over 2 days now. Then noticed later on in the day it was back to that pesky o, which was barable to load Twitter with added patience, much to my surprise.

When I did receive 3G the speed test returned a usable 0.7 down, 0.09 up.