I'm going to assume this means work still continues, but 1xRTT for a data connection is agonizing. (Sandlake Rd/International Dr) I believe we are well into one month of progress, and I hope ro see improvements soon.

Sent via my Samsung Note II using Tapatalk.

That seems to have gone away in Ocoee, but sadly I think Andrea is slowing progress towards LTE.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

1X seems to be the precursor to lte upgrades, or at least from what I've seen in my usage. mileage may vary.

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta

The people that I went with have Verizon, and the LTE was unusable in/near the Disney parks, especially the Magic Kingdom.  I did a speedtest on one of thier handsets and it pulled 0.10 / 0.05 Mbps!  Switched all of them over to the 3G and it worked great with 0.80 / 0.75 Mbps.  As for the places that I got Sprint LTE, it worked very well, with most tests averaging above 6 Mpbs down.  3G, forget about it.

The people that I went with have Verizon, and the LTE was unusable in/near the Disney parks, especially the Magic Kingdom. I did a speedtest on one of thier handsets and it pulled 0.10 / 0.05 Mbps! Switched all of them over to the 3G and it worked great with 0.80 / 0.75 Mbps. As for the places that I got Sprint LTE, it worked very well, with most tests averaging above 6 Mpbs down. 3G, forget about it.

Great day to be a Sprint customer lol

Sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4 beta

The people that I went with have Verizon, and the LTE was unusable in/near the Disney parks, especially the Magic Kingdom. I did a speedtest on one of thier handsets and it pulled 0.10 / 0.05 Mbps! Switched all of them over to the 3G and it worked great with 0.80 / 0.75 Mbps. As for the places that I got Sprint LTE, it worked very well, with most tests averaging above 6 Mpbs down. 3G, forget about it.

Last time I was at Disney I had late with sprint at magic kingdom all the way up to the main entrance by the train. After that it was only 3g but still decent speeds. At Epcot I had 4g throughout most of front of the park with spotty lte throughout the park but still great 3g signal. Haven't had a chance to try it at the other parks. Looking forward to it. The kissimmee area definitely is getting better with lte.

Sent from the Great Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Has anyone been to Disney in the very recent past. Just wondering if the LTE makes it all the way through all the parks yet. Im going in august an hoping that by then they have made much more progress.

Unless there are some undocumented acceptances, it definitely does not. Goes through parts of MK, very little of Epcot, and some of Studios. I could get a faint but useless signal in the Animal Kingdom parking lot also.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Has anyone been to Disney in the very recent past.  Just wondering if the LTE makes it all the way through all the parks yet.  Im going in august an hoping that by then they have made much more progress.

Have not been to the parks latelly. Sensorly does show there to be decent coverage.

I have howwever been to Downtown Disney and have not caught any LTE as yet... Will be trying next week probably.

@l3x

Last time I was at Disney I had late with sprint at magic kingdom all the way up to the main entrance by the train. After that it was only 3g but still decent speeds. At Epcot I had 4g throughout most of front of the park with spotty lte throughout the park but still great 3g signal. Haven't had a chance to try it at the other parks. Looking forward to it. The kissimmee area definitely is getting better with lte.

Welcome to the club Yankeeusa.... Yes, Kissimmee and St Cloud do seem to be filling up real good. If only the loop and hunters creek would get on the ball...

@l3x

Has anyone been to Disney in the very recent past.  Just wondering if the LTE makes it all the way through all the parks yet.  Im going in august an hoping that by then they have made much more progress.

Saturday I was at the Studios and MK. In most of the Studios I got 4g, though it dropped in some of the back areas of the park. The MK was 4g in the entrance, then dropped to 3g the further you went down main street. What I did notice this trip, as opposed to 2 weeks ago, was that both the 4g and 3g were fairly solid whichever signal I had. Last trip it bounced all over the place and I went through three fully charged batteries. Saturday I only used one battery, and actually used it for video quite a bit.

watching the NV acceptance forums the coverage should be much better by mid august, everytime they are updated orlando market in accepting 10-15 or more site, some LTE, 3G.  Either way almost two and a hlaf months should get a lot of work completed, barring back to back to back etc Hurricanes.

So is all this rain essentially halting the LTE rollout here in Orlando? Haven't seen any new towers light up in what, a month or 2?

It certainly isn't helping, and remember too, the Orlando market doesn't just mean metro Orlando. Towers well outside the city limits have been getting lit up like crazy, especially in the outlying areas (probably easier to get access to sites here). Either way, they are definitely making progress, even if they're not lighting up towers in the order I would prefer. :-)

Even after the heavy rain today in ormond / port orange + overcast there was a tower crew at nova and reed canal. 
I was actually eyeballing the tower passing by and didn't notice the workers, I only noticed the line going up to where they were, I immediately did a U-turn and pulled into the storage lot.

Photos:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w2cdgo30u32i6k/2013-06-11%2018.44.35.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2irqnxa905jgqox/2013-06-11%2018.44.42.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiq5wp32d29p5r8/2013-06-11%2018.44.41.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9e4ac3ezcu8qhl/2013-06-11%2018.45.33.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty20q8mfa1gsfcx/2013-06-11%2018.45.35.jpg

I only company name I saw on the trucks were american tower(I guess I read it wrong),  the other trucks seemed unmarked; Was already being eyeballed driving so close in a private lot, so I didn't get any better of a look than the pic I took.

I wondered where that LTE signal that I had in bed lastnight came from, to bad it was only on for a split second..

• Like 2

Even after the heavy rain today in ormond / port orange + overcast there was a tower crew at nova and reed canal.

I was actually eyeballing the tower passing by and didn't notice the workers, I only noticed the line going up to where they were, I immediately did a U-turn and pulled into the storage lot.

Photos:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0w2cdgo30u32i6k/2013-06-11%2018.44.35.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2irqnxa905jgqox/2013-06-11%2018.44.42.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oiq5wp32d29p5r8/2013-06-11%2018.44.41.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/y9e4ac3ezcu8qhl/2013-06-11%2018.45.33.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ty20q8mfa1gsfcx/2013-06-11%2018.45.35.jpg

I only company name I saw on the trucks were american tower(I guess I read it wrong), the other trucks seemed unmarked; Was already being eyeballed driving so close in a private lot, so I didn't get any better of a look than the pic I took.

I wondered where that LTE signal that I had in bed lastnight came from, to bad it was only on for a split second..

Nice to see progress happening even with this weather. When they're done can you send them to Ocoee, please? :-)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Was just forced to get new iPhone(mine commited iphoneicide probably because it will suck with the new iOS when they release it in fall), so obviously I got the 5 because I want LTE when its available. Had LTE for a few seconds over near water ford lakes in my apartment complex, victoria place apartments....Didn't get to  test the speed because I had to run home to restore my phone and get speedtest app back on...

I'm excited! even though I had to spend 400 bucks to get a new phone, but sprint gave me a 150+ credit and I got a bunch of "free stuff" with my trade in so I  guess that worked out....Oh well, Sh*$ happens yeh?

Edited by jamisonshaw125

So is all this rain essentially halting the LTE rollout here in Orlando? Haven't seen any new towers light up in what, a month or 2?

Have not seen any new towers light up in a month or 2? Do you mean like brand new towers or upgrades? If you meant LTE upgrades since May 28th there have been 33 acceptances; 17 of which were LTE. As for BRAND NEW I have no idea.

As mentioned by supersanborn the Orlando Market is way bigger than just Orlando Metro. From as far south as Indian Town to as far north as Palm Coast and west to Leesburg

You can track progress by going here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

You are also welcome to become a sponsor by following this link http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/.

Becoming a sponsor will give you greater access to acceptance/deployment info.

@l3x

• Like 1

Have not seen any new towers light up in a month or 2? Do you mean like brand new towers or upgrades? If you meant LTE upgrades since May 28th there have been 33 acceptances; 17 of which were LTE. As for BRAND NEW I have no idea.

As mentioned by supersanborn the Orlando Market is way bigger than just Orlando Metro. From as far south as Indian Town to as far north as Palm Coast and west to Leesburg

You can track progress by going here:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3913-network-vision-site-acceptance-report-updates/

You are also welcome to become a sponsor by following this link http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/.

Becoming a sponsor will give you greater access to acceptance/deployment info.

@l3x

Not necessarily new towers, but just LTE on the existing ones. I'm assuming acceptance means they're clear to work on it? Or does it mean they have approval and have actually started work on it? And how long will it take from being "accepted" to us actually seeing a 4G icon on our phones? I'm just saying there has been no additional sensorly LTE locations added anywhere near downtown in 2 months it seems like.

Edited by gf11speed
  • Like 1

Not necessarily new towers, but just LTE on the existing ones. I'm assuming acceptance means they're clear to work on it? Or does it mean they have approval and have actually started work on it? And how long will it take from being "accepted" to us actually seeing a 4G icon on our phones? I'm just saying there has been no additional sensorly LTE locations added anywhere near downtown in 2 months it seems like.

LTE acceptance typically means LTE is available but is not always the case. Similarly, I've seen the tower in pine hills broadcast LTE a full two weeks before it was accepted.

As for location, Ocoee is in a similar situation with not getting LTE live other than bleed through from pine hills and winter garden. Not having LTE where you want it isn't the same as no progress. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy S3

• Like 1

Acceptance means the specific technology be it NV 3g or 800 or LTE has been accepted by Sprint. Acceptance does not mean working right away. While Sprint has been known to leave most accepted sites online after testing they might not always do so.

There are some "In Progress" Sites where it means work is been performed in one way or another; this phase can be as little as a few weeks to as long as MONTHS as has been reported in some markets.

As for Downtown Orlando; you are correct not much has changed. However that does not mean no work is been done. Will probably start to show more activity once Nextel is offline; just dont quote me on it. Also take into consideration that is not a single crew performing all tasks. Is actually several; each specializing in a different aspect of the process.

Hope this helps;

@l3x

• Like 2

Has anyone been to Disney in the very recent past. Just wondering if the LTE makes it all the way through all the parks yet. Im going in august an hoping that by then they have made much more progress.

Signal at magic kingdom is lte mostly from the parking lot all the way till you get to the entrance. After that you lose 4g. At epcot I found it to be consistent all the way till you get close to the soarin pavilion and also back towards the big fountain where their putting in a Starbucks. Never tried it at ak and at Hollywood studios it's sporadic throughout the park. Overall it's great and hope it keeps getting better. I just wish at the resorts it would improve. Especially at animal kingdom lodge and also the Caribbean beach resort area.

• Like 2