Help identify Sprint equipment on tower

All, I've uploaded some photos of the tower closest to my house and need some help identify the sprint panels on it. 2 of 3 base stations are TMobile and AT&T so I followed the coax from the 3rd base station and I believe it to be the top rung on picture DSCF1049. Let me know what you guys think:

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xi0klmhiyspbty1/4w1BG26d3f?m#/

I've also got some other towers I need help identifying and will upload those photos soon.

Thanks!

Wait are you serious about that? WOW lol that is too funny! I wonder what they look like in NYC I believe I never seen one.

This is what I see more and more of in Phx.

http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/26bd1cb7-e36a-4d94-bae0-b8210df3916a.jpg

http://www.waymarkin...16th_Phoenix_AZ

Wait are you serious about that? WOW lol that is too funny! I wonder what they look like in NYC I believe I never seen one.

They look like Water tanks. lol

water+towers+2.jpg

(joking about the water tanks)

actually the panels are all over the place on roofs of buildings, side of buildings and some on free standing poles here in the city.

That's how I seen a few in Hawaii.

TS

• Like 2

It seems for some reason the people in the southwest tend to hate seeing towers, but hate not having a signal too. You can't have it both ways. The solution is to have these talking palm trees and saguaros...

That tower is crazy!

Here is what our towers look like in Phoenix, or some rendition of a palm tree.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-oEkoJaxrWO4/TdFvRVKKWpI/AAAAAAAAE2o/i9oe7ehawQI/s1600/fake+cactus+cell+towers.jpg

I should take some pics of them around here. They look like those. You don't get out much do you? :).

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

It seems for some reason the people in the southwest tend to hate seeing towers, but hate not having a signal too. You can't have it both ways. The solution is to have these talking palm trees and saguaros...

In Santa Fe, they don't even like stealth sites. :td:

Robert

Vegas has a lot of towers that look like this and even now like pine trees, lol. The cactus is a first for me, lol. And Baseline and 16th isn't too far from Freelife International's headquarters.

Sent from my LG Viper 4G LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 2

I think all towers should be hidden.... When ever I see one, I have to look at it. I might as well be texting while driving.

I thought I was the only one..... Towers distract me like a mofo especially with nv starting in my city.

I thought I was the only one..... Towers distract me like a mofo especially with nv starting in my city.

Very weird...I never really noticed cell towers at all until I learned that sprint was going the LTE route. Now I realize that they're every where...and from time to time I find a tower that I must have passed a million times and didnt realize it was there.

• Like 2

...but to get back on track and answer the question in the original post...

I have no idea how to tell which is which. I've wondered that myself. Most of the time I simply follow the signal until im getting a 90+% signal.

I can never ID them either. I can point out every Verizon and at&t set of panels but not sprints. Maybe with network vision we can differentiate the panels from various carriers. Also I couldn't ID vz or att panels until after they finished their upgrades in my region.

Very weird...I never really noticed cell towers at all until I learned that sprint was going the LTE route. Now I realize that they're every where...and from time to time I find a tower that I must have passed a million times and didnt realize it was there.

Years ago on another forum, I heard a story of customer in a Cingular store who asked something to the effect of "Hey, when are you guys gonna put up more satellites?"

You might be surprised at how many people really have little, if any idea how their wireless service actually works. Some people are just stupid. But others are reasonably smart people who simply do not care how it works and just take their wireless service for granted.

AJ

• Like 1

I found this "BUFFALO CELL TOWER" near the Colorado/Wyoming border when we were head to the Black Hills of South Dakota. I always like when they get creative with Cell towers!!!

http://i.imgur.com/dDoNE.jpg

I passed that on my way to the Black Hills back in July. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I passed that on my way to the Black Hills back in July. :tu:

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

Is that a Sprint "tower" or other provider?

Is that a Sprint "tower" or other provider?

It seemed to me like the Sprint signal got stronger near it, but now looking at the site map, it's not on there. It's possible it is a new site. It is on the Google Maps satellite image, though. So it can't be too new.

Robert

It seemed to me like the Sprint signal got stronger near it, but now looking at the site map, it's not on there. It's possible it is a new site. It is on the Google Maps satellite image, though. So it can't be too new.

Robert

I was looking at the Interactive map for colorado and couldn't find it by the listed towers. What are the coordinates of the Buffalo tower?

I was looking at the Interactive map for colorado and couldn't find it by the listed towers. What are the coordinates of the Buffalo tower?

40.976314,-104.914383

• Like 1