Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Key West is a big sore spot. Service was non existent for data. Thank God my hotel had reliable wifi.

I was down there a while back. Had horrible service. At one point I couldn't even send a text to try and figure out where we were meeting for the catamaran trip. Fortunately it's a small little island and all we had to do was ride towards the water and we found where we needed to be. It was horrible though lol

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Crapatalk

8t8r sites have a much lower ping. It's wonderful

That's Nokia for you. 

I think 27 ms is the lowest ping I've ever seen posted here for Sprint. 

Cant wait for that goodness here! *drools*.

Time for you to wait 6 months for equipment to arrive from manufacturing facilities and for the proper arrangements to be made so that the equipment can be deployed. :)

I know my phone doesn't support career aggregation, that's why I question whether it's an error, glitch or real. Don't know why screen shot didn't load, difficult to do anything while driving.

Are you sure you weren't on wifi during the test?

I know my phone doesn't support career aggregation, that's why I question whether it's an error, glitch or real. Don't know why screen shot didn't load, difficult to do anything while driving.

Hmmm.. What device do you own?, can you revisit the site and run some more test, load up Signal check pro so we can get more detailed information.

In theory, 8t8r with 4xMIMO could yield speeds of around 100mbs without a CA device.

It's not theoretically impossible but just super unlikely as a single 20 MHz TDD LTE carrier makes out at 101/14.7 under the most perfect conditions with absolutely 0 people on it other than yourself.

Speedtest always have a few Mbps error of margin.

So the two options are the Speedtest is absolutely wrong or you're getting the absolute maximum throughput a 20 MHz TDD LTE carrier can give you with a few Mbps error of margin on the downlink as the uplink is within the 14.7 Mbps max upload specification.

Edited by lilotimz
New information invalidates this statement

It's not theoretically impossible but just super unlikely as a single 20 MHz TDD LTE carrier makes out at 101/14.7 under the most perfect conditions with absolutely 0 people on it other than yourself.

Speedtest always have a few Mbps error of margin.

So the two options are the Speedtest is absolutely wrong or you're getting the absolute maximum throughput a 20 MHz TDD LTE carrier can give you with a few Mbps error of margin on the downlink as the uplink is within the 14.7 Mbps max upload specification.

Couldn't higher x MIMO in theory contribute to gains over the 80mbs wall we have hit with 2xMIMO.

Couldn't higher x MIMO in theory contribute to gains over the 80mbs wall we have hit with 2xMIMO.

There is no "wall" at 80 mbps.

It's just the fact that there are always load of some type on the B41 carriers along variable backhaul and reception that precludes it of getting anywhere near the theoretical max. Real world speeds for all carriers are almost always substantially lower than theoretical. 

There is no "wall" at 80 mbps.

It's just the fact that there are always load of some type on the B41 carriers of some type along variable backhaul and reception that precludes it of getting anywhere near the theoretical max. Real world speeds for all carriers are almost always substantially lower than theoretical. 

Ive stood about 100ft from a B41 site @ 2am and have never seen it go over 78mbs...

And from what ive seen that is just about as fast as it goes under near perfect conditions. 

This speed test is well above any other user reported one (assuming its not a Speedtest fluke) and is not really within margin of error.