Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

Another tower just across the bay. Still at work. Idk if the addresses are accurate.

I can't quite tell.  Since the Rickenbacker Causeway one has no address, and the Aquarium site is right off Rickenbacker, that one could be accurate or offset.  The SW 29th Avenue one appears offset, but it is pretty darn close to the location.  So it may be offset, I can't say with certainty.  We would need a few more examples.  But I believe most Ericsson markets do have offsets.

Robert

EDIT:  After further review, I looked at the site closest to the SW 29th address.  The site is on the roof of the Terrabank tower.  The sector you would be on at Key Biscayne faces SSE.  If you drew a straight line from Terrabank toward the SW 29th Ave address, it lines right up with the panel direction on the tower.  It is indeed an offset of the Sprint site on the Terrabank tower.

Edited by S4GRU
Added EDIT line

I decided earlier today to switch my roaming setting to stay only on sprint. It's worked out very well so far. At work I only care about receiving text, WiFi is for data but i managed to get prompt text sends and responses. 

Robert is there a way to force 1x800 on the nexus? 

Hi guys, left for TMUS about 8 months ago, data experience has been better, but not the voice (thou with the activation of VoLTE, it has definitely improved), with the new family share plan offer, and the offer to pay for my ETF's, it seems like a good opportunity to switch back, but I would have to get at least 3 new phones, and that means spending money. My question is, how does the network performance compares today to 9 months ago? It's B41 covering now at least 50% of the market? Those that don't have Spark phones have seen a betterment of their performance since more and more users move off of the PCS band and onto the Spark as their primary data band? How about the old nextel band's deployment for LTE or even CDMA? I was a sponsor to the site, but my sponsorship has expired, I believe that Sprint with Softbank's help can really turn things around relatively quick, now that it isn't focus on merging anymore, but also don't want to spend unnecessary money if experience it's not going to be better than what it was when I left.

Thanks for your inputs in advance. 

I've been getting b41 everywhere I go from bmwsouth to downtown to key Biscayne. I also find myself riding b41 north on the turnpike through all of broward on my way to Orlando. Its much much much better in my opinion.

• Like 1

Looks like we have CDMA 800 in West Kendall. Came home for lunch, was going to turn the Airave on, then noticed a 3 bar signal in my house, on the first floor, where it's usually "Extended" or "No Service" or 1 bar of unusable native 1900. Very unstable though.  Keeps switching between SID 22417 and the old 4151.  Made a couple of test calls and have to say, it completes the calls right away, with no delay.  Just like Verizon.  

10351953_10202544876655334_5215297204303

• Like 3

Looks like we have CDMA 800 in West Kendall. Came home for lunch, was going to turn the Airave on, then noticed a 3 bar signal in my house, on the first floor, where it's usually "Extended" or "No Service" or 1 bar of unusable native 1900. Very unstable though.  Keeps switching between SID 22417 and the old 4151.  Made a couple of test calls and have to say, it completes the calls right away, with no delay.  Just like Verizon.  

It's actually probably quite stable. The iPhone likes to avoid 1x800 like it's a plague. I SHOULD get 1x800 in my apartment and I know I can pick it up, but my 5s will prefer a completely unusable PCS signal over 1x800. You have to have literally no signal at all to get 1x800. Defeats the purpose of it, and hopefully apple will make some changes soon. 

• 3 weeks later...

I switched back from t-mobile, and boy, what a difference. In my opinion t-mobile is still a little better in both speed and coverage for data, but when you get connected to B41, there is no contest, and based on my experience B41 its available in more than 50% of the market, even when I'm connected to B25, the speeds are much better, I imagine that's due to the fact that less and less people everyday are using that band as the primary LTE connection.

• Like 4

Why is Dade holding up the 800 deployment? I'm trying to find the sponsor forum for the updates can anyone point me in the right direction? Any updates for the West Palm area? Thank you!

Ryan

Edited by Nismo Titan

Why is Dade holding up the 800 deployment? I'm trying to find the sponsor forum for the updates can anyone point me in the right direction? Any updates for the West Palm area? Thank you!

Ryan

There's 800 CDMA but no 800 LTE.

Ryan

There is a S4GRU article planned to publish on Tuesday about this subject.

Using Tapatalk on BlackBerry Z30

• Like 3

Ryan

Metro-Dade PD still hasn't vacated the spectrum needed to run LTE at 800.  CDMA is on though.

Metro-Dade PD still hasn't vacated the spectrum needed to run LTE at 800.  CDMA is on though.

We should start doing FOIA requests on email communications between MDPD, Harris Corp, and Sprint. See  what excuses MDPD have been coming up with.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gif Screenshot_2014-10-16-13-10-53.jpg

I found band 41! Northlake and Federal area, Lake Park. Much faster than verizon.

Awesome! I used to live on prosperity farms in sanctuary cove and the 3G was always slow. Didn't have a LTE capable phone then.

Sent from my iPhone 6 on Crapatalk