Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

What phone do you have? It looks like you have an iPhone 5. The 5 is not compatible with b26.

I have a 5s now... I forgot to update it lol... is there an app that I can see which band my phone is connecting to?

I have a 5s now... I forgot to update it lol... is there an app that I can see which band my phone is connecting to?

Not an app.. Apple does not allow apps like that because its apple. But you can go into field test mode by going to phone-->dialing *3001#12345#* . When you are connected to LTE, go to LTE servicing cell info I believe is what its called. It will say freq band indicator to tell you what band you are on. 

Edit: also. You can see your dbm data strength when you pull that up. It'll be in numbers in the top left. Like -109 or whatever you have. 

Not an app.. Apple does not allow apps like that because its apple. But you can go into field test mode by going to phone-->dialing *3001#12345#* . When you are connected to LTE, go to LTE servicing cell info I believe is what its called. It will say freq band indicator to tell you what band you are on. 

Edit: also. You can see your dbm data strength when you pull that up. It'll be in numbers in the top left. Like -109 or whatever you have. 

Great Thanks! You know anything about b26 coming to south florida?

Great Thanks! You know anything about b26 coming to south florida?

It's kinda already here. Without saying too much, I would just say soon. There have already been numerous sitings in orlando, and a numerous in tampa as well. 

Miami-Dade police is having problems with their new radios and say they will return to their analog system next week. For the sake of Band 26, I hope the issues get resolved soon. More at http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/14/4117628/problems-force-miami-dade-police.html

It's kinda already here. Without saying too much, I would just say soon. There have already been numerous sitings in orlando, and a numerous in tampa as well. 

Thanks! I just hope its live during summer because my two year commitment is almost up... and I haven't had very reliable service. It seems like things will get better soon

Miami-Dade police is having problems with their new radios and say they will return to their analog system next week. For the sake of Band 26, I hope the issues get resolved soon. More at http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/05/14/4117628/problems-force-miami-dade-police.html

Thanks for the link. Seems like a little longer delay.

Its a shame they are encrypting the channels. They should be public and then maybe have a few encrypted channels for sensitive operations but even that should be transparent through a foia request on a recording.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

No. Miami/Metro Dade has not cleared out of the way of Sprint's 800 spectrum yet. The FCC has given them an extension. Probably will not be able to begin until Summer.

Robert via Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wasn't Nextel using this band in Miami-Dade up until 12 month ago? What's the problem now? Why was it ok then and not now? It's not like this is a spectrum band that was never used and now we need to like build a lot of new infrastructure for it. I know that new equipment needs to be installed in many places, but the issue seems to be with the frequency itself, not the equipment, why wasn't there an issues when the Nextel phones were using it?

Thanks.

Wasn't Nextel using this band in Miami-Dade up until 12 month ago? What's the problem now? Why was it ok then and not now? It's not like this is a spectrum band that was never used and now we need to like build a lot of new infrastructure for it. I know that new equipment needs to be installed in many places, but the issue seems to be with the frequency itself, not the equipment, why wasn't there an issues when the Nextel phones were using it?

Thanks.

Good questions; I have no idea. Let's hope that someone in-the-know will explain for us mortals. Otherwise, we'll have to settle for contemplating this B26 from the 1940's:

B_26.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks.

Wideband vs narrowband. Narrowband is interleaved in khz slices with one entity broadcasting on each khz slice. Any wideband broadcast like CDMA 1x / EVDO / LTE will interfere with the signal of narrowband entities which are predominately public safety organizations. Those entities have to be rebanded and moved other spectrum before Sprint can utilize it for LTE / CDMA 1x. 

• Like 1

Thanks.

Like Tim said, iDen used very small channels. Only 25kHz I believe, and these channels were interleaved with public safety channels of around the same width. A 5x5 LTE channel on the other hand, needs 10MHz of open spectrum. Until public safety clears their small channels out of the larger 10MHz chunk, Sprint can't deploy Band 26 LTE.

• Like 1

How do you get b41 on your phone? Is it from the Spark update on ur N5?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

yeah, the phone change band seamless depending on the best connection.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2014-06-15-15-45-24.png

@ the shop at pembroke pines

Wish I has speeds that fast in my area in Pembroke Pines. The tower I get my service from is off NW 129th Ave, right behind Walter C. Young Middle. 

Any of you know when this area will be finalized or is it a guessing game like Sprint plays. 

Currently b26 is pretty much limited to the northern markets in florida. It will show up in time, just hasn't yet. 

Man hope it comes up soon! I'll be up in orlando this weekend so hopefully I should it in action