Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

lequonrobinson

The site at Ridgely and the site SE of Denton went live today. I mapped out some of the coverage at Ridgely on Sensorly. I was only able to pickup band 25, hopefully B26 and B41 follow quickly. Since there is microwave equipment on both of these sites and the Queen Anne and Denton sites those sites shouldn't be to far behind.

So its been years.. yes.. about 2 years since the NV equipment was placed on our tower.. then fiber trenched in..  now microwave dishes have appeared.  

I can only imagine this is a back haul issue.  The fiber is dark?  The legacy T1 speed is abysmal.  3g speeds of half a mb or less. Its been years of this. 

Anyone have any information?  

zip code 21629  

If you're seeing microwave antennas being installed, they may be sending or receiving that back-haul from a nearby site. Best thing to do is keep an eye on work being done.

The Denton tower is in the middle of chain of towers setup with microwave backhaul...

I saw the Denton tower has LTE live in the update that posted in the Sponsor section tonight.  It's one I have been watching since the beginning.

I saw the Denton tower has LTE live in the update that posted in the Sponsor section tonight.  It's one I have been watching since the beginning.

Yes I can confirm LTE has been in and out since last week. This prompted me to switch back to Sprint after a two year hiatus. Can someone find out what spectum this tower is using? It sure doesn't carry very far. I live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the tower and I get weak 3g. LTE works outside of my work building but not inside with the tower right outside the building. I am hoping they are still going to light up 800mhz.

Yes I can confirm LTE has been in and out since last week. This prompted me to switch back to Sprint after a two year hiatus. Can someone find out what spectum this tower is using? It sure doesn't carry very far. I live about 2 miles as the crow flies from the tower and I get weak 3g. LTE works outside of my work building but not inside with the tower right outside the building. I am hoping they are still going to light up 800mhz.

So far, only B25 has been accepted. B26 is likely still coming. Also, the site has not been optimized either.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

I wonder what the time frame is on this. 800mhz would carry a lot better.

Only if optimized. Non optimized 800 cells perform equal if not worse than 1900. Can take a while for them to get around to do that... Currently 9 months and counting just for my area.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Thank you all for answering my questions. How exactly is a site optimized? I am curious now. I also noticed that the coverage area for this location is visibly worse. Is the map really this dynamic?

Drive testing and having someone remotely or on site configuring the parameters from drive test information.

Sent from my Nexus 5

• Like 1

There is a tower in de that just band 25 that barely goes 500 yards before drops 3g . Its major tower that should cover mall but does not .

Sounds right to me. Band 25 is incapable of covering the 3G footprint, only band 26 can.

Sprint seems to be slow with malls; took them shy of 2 years to get LTE live at my mall in NYC!

So far, only B25 has been accepted. B26 is likely still coming. Also, the site has not been optimized either.

Using Tapatalk on Nexus 6

Is the eastern shore of MD mostly B25? What kind of bureaucracy has to be carried out in order to lite up B26?  

The new DAS at BWI goes a long way to improving Sprint service there!!! I was impressed (and surprised when I flew out of there last week) by how much better my experience was there. It would still be a good idea to add another macro or perhaps a few small or pico cells around the airport, but I can no longer call the terminal a black hole.

• Like 3

Is the eastern shore of MD mostly B25? What kind of bureaucracy has to be carried out in order to lite up B26?  

I can't say that every site on the ES has B26 on the shore, but I have seen a fair share of it while driving around.

Ocean city md has band 26 ,lewes couple weeks ago no.hopely major airports get band 41 with carrier aggregation .i know philly air got band 41 all site now . Dont know on 40mhz yet on thoses towers and sites

The new DAS at BWI goes a long way to improving Sprint service there!!! I was impressed (and surprised when I flew out of there last week) by how much better my experience was there. It would still be a good idea to add another macro or perhaps a few small or pico cells around the airport, but I can no longer call the terminal a black hole.

I can confirm it is much improved! I used to roam on Verizon at BWI...Extended 1X at a major airport. Those days are gone thankfully.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Well something has happened today...  I have -95db of LTE in my work building now.  28mbit down 10up..     I've rarely if ever had LTE in here.  This would be off the Denton tower, River Rd x Meeting House Rd.  I am in the Choptank HQ building which.. if you know the area I can hit the tower with a rock from here. 

My wife reports she still has about -100db of 3g at the house though...  Legion Rd x Engerman Ave.  which is not that far from the tower.. just across town.  

• Like 1

That explains a lot! Flew out of (and back into) BWI last week and I was also impressed. When did that get installed?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

The tower is river rd and meeting house rd. And my work building is about 100yards from the tower. When LTE first came I couldn't get it inside my office. Then suddenly a week ago or so I got good LTE in my office. So I am curious as to what happened. I am hoping for LTE at my house.. That is the final piece to the puzzle.

Depends were tower and your work is.