lequonrobinson

Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

That always happens low signal at first then coverage starts , i notice band 25 goes about 2 mile when not optimized . Band 26 usually worst then 25 when turn on very low powered .

Sorry for my excitment but this has been literally 5 years in the making.

That always happens low signal at first then coverage starts , i notice band 25 goes about 2 mile when not optimized . Band 26 usually worst then 25 when turn on very low powered .

I was in baltimore tonight found couple towers with 2 band 41 carriers live even some clearsites too. Bad news the closer i got too the city worst band 41 was very slow speeds . Think people must be streaming moives or two many connect to same tower. Plus going down 95 band 26 sucks and had airplane mode alot but band 41 sites went pretty far over 3 miles from tower. Must be 4x2 mimo helping with distance .

Ok another road trip Baltimore lets see if are any new improvements .

• Like 1

So i was at whitemarsh mall to night ,usually get bad clearwire signal but tonight i see there new band 25 site live close mall get band 25 even inside mall .

• Like 1

Ocean city found 2 band 41 with 2 carriersxqZXPDc.jpg

• Like 3

When I was in oc a few weeks ago I seen that as well. Unfortunately the moto x pure the CA is broken.

The other band 41 i  only  hit 40 to 60 mbps. Only 2 live right now. Last summer near 3rd stree i was get - 76  , must been cow set up at time. Biggest thing tower in ocean pines still no backhaul so u mostly 3g or band 26 thats weak . Once that tower is upgrades that area should be golden. And they need optimize band 26 on coastal highway.

I was in Aberdeen today and got these speeds!

Only couple towers hitting those speeds.

I was at ocean city starbucks on route 50 near outlets and they had google fiber . I saw 65 mbps down not bad for starbucks now.

• Like 1

Might have make trip baltimore see it i can find any new small cell loactions.

• Like 1

Been in Greenbelt & College Park all week. Tower next to me in Greenbelt was B25. Wednesday evening B41 was turned on for most of the night then the following morning went back to B25. 

• Like 1

Test five 1 to 2 weeks stay on.

I found another live site on the Eastern Shore. I didn't get a screenshot (I was thinking this wasn't anything new when I saw it on the phone), but I did leave a Sensorly streak. It was one of the sites in the cluster along US-301 headed toward DE.

I wouldn't be to surprised to find that more of those sites in that area are now live. I will be back there tomorrow or Wednesday to investigate further.

I saw that . I heading ocean city this weekend try see any new live towers not map yet.

At beach and band 41 was swamp , it was maxout on band 41 with 2 carrier agg . I only got .50 mbps on that sector , going away i got 50 mbps down . Ocean City MD

• Like 1

I was able to run up and down US-301 today. I was able to confirm that LTE is now live on at least three of the sites in that cluster. I still need to download my SCP logs to confirm the details (that might be a while).

At beach and band 41 was swamp , it was maxout on band 41 with 2 carrier agg . I only got .50 mbps on that sector , going away i got 50 mbps down . Ocean City MD

That sounds about right. This is probably the first time that the network in OC has been stressed with all the sites on air. If Sprint is paying attention (and Ericsson isn't lying and saying everything is fine) hopefully they will realize they need to deploy some small cells (and convert the old Nextel site at the south end) in Ocean City.

Maybe next year.....

• Like 1

South end has just band 25 but sub 1mbps. Great signal now.

• Like 1

I was around baltimore again and still not alot improvement , i think there is lot congestion in the area . Band 41 is not much improved from when it was single carrier . I notice band 26 totally useless in most areas . Lot clear sites still. Guess rootmetrics was on point . This just my observation

• Like 1

I will be back in Baltimore next week. I will need to do some looking around while I am there.

• Like 1

I did not go into city most the county . Wonder if i could find any small cells if i whet to city.innerharbor

Was down in ocean city md today. Network was swampped on all bands but 41 where i could get it. Was down by the inlet parking lot most the day and sprint is horrible in that area of oc. Couldnt get more then .10mbps down on band 26 signal strength was around -113. On parts of the boardwalk my g5 was roaming onto verizon.

• Like 1

They need small cells there big time only 2 sites out 4 have band 41. No progress over 1.5 years.

• Like 1