Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

lequonrobinson

I was at BWI airport this morning, rocking Extended 1X coverage all around the airport. Couldn't even send a text message to let someone know where I was. <_<:td:

Drive 1 mile from the airport, and you can download at 50Mbps :wacko:

BWI is a black hole for coverage. Sprint needs both a macro and DAS site there...

I was at BWI airport this morning, rocking Extended 1X coverage all around the airport. Couldn't even send a text message to let someone know where I was. <_<:td:

Drive 1 mile from the airport, and you can download at 50Mbps :wacko:

Yep, BWI airport has been an issue for many many years.  Baggage claim and even standing outside waiting for a pick-up can be an issue.  To be fair, it is a place that is shielded from the outside and it is very hard to penetrate. It is slightly better than it was a year ago, but it sure does need some type of attention.  I personally have had slightly better success at BWI than what you describe.   It would be interesting to walk beside you with my Galaxy S-5 and compare it to your I-phone 6 in BWI..

Yep, BWI airport has been an issue for many many years.  Baggage claim and even standing outside waiting for a pick-up can be an issue.  To be fair, it is a place that is shielded from the outside and it is very hard to penetrate. It is slightly better than it was a year ago, but it sure does need some type of attention.  I personally have had slightly better success at BWI than what you describe.   It would be interesting to walk beside you with my Galaxy S-5 and compare it to your I-phone 6 in BWI..

The best part about it...Sprint's coverage tool says "Spark Turbo" for all of BWI airport. I would have been happy just to have 3G.

The best part about it...Sprint's coverage tool says "Spark Turbo" for all of BWI airport. I would have been happy just to have 3G.

I have not been in BWI for almost two months, so it is possible that the service is even better than I last experienced.

But, if it is better, then why is your experience so bad? The last time I was there, I did not see my phone on "roaming" or any "extended network".  Of course, I may not have caught it in that state.  Yes, the service was weak, but not quite as bad as you experienced.

Maybe somebody else can speak up if they have recently been through BWI.

I have not been in BWI for almost two months, so it is possible that the service is even better than I last experienced.

But, if it is better, then why is your experience so bad? The last time I was there, I did not see my phone on "roaming" or any "extended network".  Of course, I may not have caught it in that state.  Yes, the service was weak, but not quite as bad as you experienced.

Maybe somebody else can speak up if they have recently been through BWI.

Interesting, when I was picking a friend up from that airport in neverland right after Christmas didn't have any issues. I'll pull my log to see what I was pinging. There does seem to be a trend for poor service at local BAWA airports though. Hopefully, the upgraded tower at National will help improve things.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I might head out there this weekend then. Or I could head down the pennisula, there are still a few sites down there that aren't mapped out yet either...

• 2 weeks later...