lequonrobinson

Network Vision/LTE - Baltimore Market (including Annapolis/East Shore)

There are lots of areas Sprint does not seem to care about.

They need small cells there big time only 2 sites out 4 have band 41. No progress over 1.5 years.

They should have equipment down on the watertower on the southern end of town. Im from gettysburg pa in shentels network. They added at least 7 new cell sites this year in my county alone. Some of the areas only have coverage from sprint now.
  • Like 1

After a couple of a drives through various urban and suburban areas of Baltimore I think I am about ready to come to three conclusions.

1. Mobilitie was a bad choice as vendor.

2. Verizon's small cell deployment in Baltimore is impressive (although they don't yet appear to be done).

3. AT&T & T-Mobile don't seem to be doing anything around here with small cells.

• Like 1

did you go into city near harbor ?

Not to the Harbor specifically. I concentrated my last trip around Little Italy and Fells Point and then some of the neighborhoods to the east and north of there.

there should be close 13 small cells in city so far i wasreading months ago.

After a couple of a drives through various urban and suburban areas of Baltimore I think I am about ready to come to three conclusions.

1. Mobilitie was a bad choice as vendor.

2. Verizon's small cell deployment in Baltimore is impressive (although they don't yet appear to be done).

3. AT&T & T-Mobile don't seem to be doing anything around here with small cells.

Mind elaborating why you think Mobilitie was a bad choice as vendor?

Mind elaborating why you think Mobilitie was a bad choice as vendor?

At this time it is mostly a gut feeling. Other than a few sites in the LA area, there doesn't seem to be much movement anywhere else from them either. There was apparently one site here in Baltimore that they where fined for installing without a permit (and I believe had to remove) a while back, but beyond that nothing that I have been able to come across that suggest they are making any progress. That said I want to be positive about them but it would help to see some indication that progress is being made.

At this time it is mostly a gut feeling. Other than a few sites in the LA area, there doesn't seem to be much movement anywhere else from them either. There was apparently one site here in Baltimore that they where fined for installing without a permit (and I believe had to remove) a while back, but beyond that nothing that I have been able to come across that suggest they are making any progress. That said I want to be positive about them but it would help to see some indication that progress is being made.

I guess the results speak louder than words. It's almost Christmas of 2016 and there is still no meaningful small cell deployment across the country. I'm not sure if it's entirely Mobilitie's fault (though their shady way of conducting themselves couldn't have helped), but Sprint's plan of erecting 120ft and 72ft poles in open public areas in an age when municipalities are trying to eradicate poles from streetscapes reeks of a detachment from reality. I can't wait to see which counties let these poles happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But didn't someone above suggest that there should be 13 small cells in Baltimore deployed? Are you not seeing/hearing them?

But didn't someone above suggest that there should be 13 small cells in Baltimore deployed? Are you not seeing/hearing them?

I haven't seem them. They may very well be out there though as I can't necessarily look everywhere. I also haven't had the time to comb through my SCP logs either.

I haven't seem them. They may very well be out there though as I can't necessarily look everywhere. I also haven't had the time to comb through my SCP logs either.

Looks like there're many tough battles to fight before the small cells can be built. The Mobilitie guy in this townhall meeting looks inept and shady.

Lol I think mobilite sold something to sprint that it had no clue that they could deliver . Sprint lawyers should of caught this right of way bs.

Lol I think mobilite sold something to sprint that it had no clue that they could deliver . Sprint lawyers should of caught this right of way bs.

Meant to include that link

Not sure why it didn't show up. Why doesn't the link show up?

Meant to include that link. Not sure why it didn't show up. Why doesn't the link show up?

It's working fine. The forum converts it to a YouTube embed that doesn't show up on Tapatalk. 

Looks like there're many tough battles to fight before the small cells can be built. The Mobilitie guy in this townhall meeting looks inept and shady.

I watched the first hour and then gave up.  The irritating rudeness and general lack of knowledge of the people in the room was staggering, but also not surprising.

I actually thought the Mobilitie guy and the others on the panel (particularly the government officials) were doing a good job, at least until I stopped watching.

- Trip

• Like 3

How was the Mobilitie guy inept? I think everyone in that meeting was ultra misinformed. Its what happens when you let the last generation of folks make decisions for the next generation.

That was utterly painful to watch, none of those folks there offered any sort of constructive ideas on handling any of this, just push-back.

Its all fun and games until billy boy neighbor starts streaming 4k cat videos and brings that one macro site to its knees.

I watched the first hour and then gave up. The irritating rudeness and general lack of knowledge of the people in the room was staggering, but also not surprising.

I actually thought the Mobilitie guy and the others on the panel (particularly the government officials) were doing a good job, at least until I stopped watching.

- Trip

I couldn't agree more, It was like watching a train wreck and I could not stop myself from watching it all go down.

My old middle school!!!! And dang, I live in MoCo (deep sigh)

That is a lot small cells in area . That demand is going be that high. But I think they have no choice fcc rules are going to allow them not matter what.

That is a lot small cells in area . That demand is going be that high. But I think they have no choice fcc rules are going to allow them not matter what.

Allow them to be built or not?

Move foward. I know city and baltimore county for green light

Move foward. I know city and baltimore county for green light

Hopefully the D.C. Metro area will follow