Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Well, I mapped it a bit more on sensorly.  I also go the SignalCheck app and here are the results I am seeing:

RSRP: -109 to -113 dBm range

RSRQ: -11 to -20 dB, SNR 10.6 to 14 db

Serving Cell: 05C0E501

I always assumed based on the map here that I would be using OK------ or OK------, but since I only get the signal from 62nd and Classen down to I-44 through Villa and I-44, I am guessing it is OK------.

I appreciate the info and the sensorly mapping but in the future, please avoid using site names like this in this thread. It's considered a sponsor perk to have access to them and this thread is public.

If you want to post about specific sites, its better to post in the AR/MO/KS/OK NV Site Map thread. That way you can use the site names and even use screenshots from the site map to show the site visually.

I appreciate the info and the sensorly mapping but in the future, please avoid using site names like this in this thread. It's considered a sponsor perk to have access to them and this thread is public.

If you want to post about specific sites, its better to post in the AR/MO/KS/OK NV Site Map thread. That way you can use the site names and even use screenshots from the site map to show the site visually.

Ok, no problem.  Sorry about that.  I got my forum locations mixed up.

The coverage maps are showing coverage in Tulsa and around it.

Supposedly there is LTE coverage at my cabin. :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Let us know how exaggerated the coverage is when Tulsa "launches" next week! 

Let us know how exaggerated the coverage is when Tulsa "launches" next week!

badly overstated. Go ahead and paint the whole thing red like Verizon.

If we had all of the sites live it would be an adequate map.

Check the Sprint coverage maps http://sprint.com/coverage

Is Tulsa supposed to launch next week? Surely that can't be right. South Tulsa has nothing until you get to bixby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Here is the official announcement.  Tulsa always gets things before Oklahoma City it seems.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/sprint-turns-4g-lte-41-050100055.html

Is Tulsa supposed to launch next week? Surely that can't be right. South Tulsa has nothing until you get to bixby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

There's no method to their madness of launches.  Be careful of their LTE maps as they are very generous as they show LTE in coverage farther than their 1x voice coverage has.  We all know that is impossible given the differences between 1x and LTE.

There's no method to their madness of launches.  Be careful of their LTE maps as they are very generous as they show LTE in coverage farther than their 1x voice coverage has.  We all know that is impossible given the differences between 1x and LTE.

Do we still not have an idea why they have done this? Have they simply miscalculated, or could it be expected coverage of LTE 800mhz or what? I have a hard time understanding why they messed up so bad.

I saw that Ponca City was on the launch list. Who ever did the little bit of mapping on sensorly needs to drive around more. It barely shows anything.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I saw that Ponca City was on the launch list. Who ever did the little bit of mapping on sensorly needs to drive around more. It barely shows anything.

Funny, I just went through there this weekend on my way to Wichita.  I didn't think to map it, but we didn't actually stop in Ponca City, just went through on I-35.

Funny, I just went through there this weekend on my way to Wichita.  I didn't think to map it, but we didn't actually stop in Ponca City, just went through on I-35.

You should have mapped it!  We would have had a solid line from OKC to Wichita!

I saw that Ponca City was on the launch list. Who ever did the little bit of mapping on sensorly needs to drive around more. It barely shows anything.Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thats funny.. I did that mapping in Ponca City. I came from Okc and went to a place called Smith Bits by their airport and that was my path. I lost it a couple of times up there but that was also about 3-4 weeks ago.

On Friday, August 2, I started getting 4G LTE inside my house in Edmond close to Mitch Park (on Covell between Kelly and Santa Fe). It is speedy and has continued through the weekend. We never had WiMax here, so it's really nice finally to have a 4G signal of any kind for the first time.

Does anyone know when LTE will be turned on in Broken Arrow? The 3G service is basically shut down, its so overloaded.

July 30th has come and gone, I was hoping we would have something by now.

LTE has already started to be turned on in Broken Arrow. Look at BA on sensorly and you can see where the LTE signal had been picked up so far. It isn't much yet but it is there and will only get better.

Edited by Richmc

I need folks to keep an eye out for new sites and progress in and around Tulsa as i have gone south for the Semester :rolleyes:

Any takers?

I'll report if I see one but I don't travel across all parts of Tulsa.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk 2