Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

looks like the cell site near my place in Yukon (SW 15th and Mustang Rd) has NV equipment now and is broadcasting LTE

I live off Czech Hall and Reno (walking distance to the 711 on the corner) and switching to Sprint (just waiting on the phones to arrive), do you believe the LTE signal would reach this way? 

I live off Czech Hall and Reno (walking distance to the 711 on the corner) and switching to Sprint (just waiting on the phones to arrive), do you believe the LTE signal would reach this way?

You shouldn't have any problem there. Be sure to install sensorly when you get your phones. Except for right around 40, Yukon hasn't really been mapped much

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

You shouldn't have any problem there. Be sure to install sensorly when you get your phones. Except for right around 40, Yukon hasn't really been mapped much

Without trying to sound like an idiot what is sensory?

I currently get 25-30Mbps down on Verizon but I just cannot deal with the capped data, then again what good is unlimited data if you cannot use it.

Sensorly maps signals and is user based so in areas that users of the app a have mapped, it is way more accurate than the maps provided by the carriers. IT actually shows you were people have gotten signals at. Below is a screenshot from Sensorly showing Midwest City.  The purple is where others and I have mapped Sprints LTE signal.

mwc.jpg

Nope.  One dual band Network Vision panel per sector is enough in nearly all cases.  Only if the number of CDMA1X/EV-DO/LTE carriers exceeds the output capacity of the panel does a sector require a second panel alongside the first.

Thus, any additional panels that go up in the next few years will typically be for subsequent bands, such as BRS/EBS 2600 MHz, PCS/AWS-2 1900 MHz, etc.  Sprint is well positioned to take on additional bands, if necessary, for native or hosted network coverage.  The other big three operators are hamstrung by frequently full racks that will require swapping out panels to make room.

AJ

Sloppiest install I see around town always ends up being Verizon.

I heard it reported that the SW 15th tower near Mustang road is active LTE so that should be good for you.  My GF's brother lives in your vicinity near SW 4th & Czech Hall Rd., I'll have to drive over that way and check it out. 

Sensorly maps signals and is user based so in areas that users of the app a have mapped, it is way more accurate than the maps provided by the carriers. IT actually shows you were people have gotten signals at. Below is a screenshot from Sensorly showing Midwest City.  The purple is where others and I have mapped Sprints LTE signal.

mwc.jpg

But you're map is missing the most important part of MWC!  ;)

So is the SE 44th & Sooner Rd tower doing you any good?

Without trying to sound like an idiot what is sensory?

I currently get 25-30Mbps down on Verizon but I just cannot deal with the capped data, then again what good is unlimited data if you cannot use it.

You will not get that on Sprint of course, even at NV completion. Probably 7-14 in Okc will be the norm for a while. This also depends on your signal values etc.

I heard it reported that the SW 15th tower near Mustang road is active LTE so that should be good for you.  My GF's brother lives in your vicinity near SW 4th & Czech Hall Rd., I'll have to drive over that way and check it out. 

But you're map is missing the most important part of MWC!  ;)

So is the SE 44th & Sooner Rd tower doing you any good?

I avoid the SE 44th & Sooner area as much as possible(MIL lives there) so not sure how good it is. My kids have mapped it when going to grandmas but they didn't do any speed test. Next time I will make sure you house is in the map lol

Anyone else having issues today connecting to data?  Had the problem regardless of where I have went so far today in Midwest City and switched between 4 different towers.  Thought it was just me until a buddy of mine in Norman called and said having same issue. Voice is working normal just data giving issues.

Anyone else having issues today connecting to data? Had the problem regardless of where I have went so far today in Midwest City and switched between 4 different towers. Thought it was just me until a buddy of mine in Norman called and said having same issue. Voice is working normal just data giving issues.

had issues here in Kansas but has since been resolved

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

Working again here but speed is all over the place. Some am getting half of 3G speeds. Problem was only 4G. 3G workef fine.

Working again here but speed is all over the place. Some am getting half of 3G speeds. Problem was only 4G. 3G workef fine.

sounds like here

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

There's a new serving cell showing up in south Tulsa (159) that is giving me better speeds (3~4 mbps) but signal strength is still low indoors at -110dbm. I wonder which site got updated?

The site at 81st and Harvard is now in progress, the new antennas and rrus are visible. There is still a line attached to the rack.

As of now all sites around me have NV equipment (although I wish more of them would broadcast lte)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

Best I could do with a cell phone, but notice the 4 RRUs behind all the new antennas:

5c4gwKe.jpg

I'm not fully versed on how Sprint is doing these sites, but I was under the assumption that all the antennas would be replaced. They added new ones with RRUs, but left what appears to be the legacy ones on the Sprint rack as well (top rack is Nextel, I'm not talking about those). Do they come back later and hook up the old antennas to the new equipment, or how does that work? 

By the way, I have been getting 4G from my building on Chesapeake campus for a few days.  Speed test this morning was 7080 kbps down, 4089 kbps up with a 264 ping.

I think my building might be on the northern edge of the signal though since I do not get it when I am on 63rd and Classen.  I have not driven south to do a map on sensorly because of traffic around campus.  Maybe on the way home today.  I am responsible for the dot on Sensorly near NW 62nd and Classen.

• Like 2

Anyone else having issues today connecting to data?  Had the problem regardless of where I have went so far today in Midwest City and switched between 4 different towers.  Thought it was just me until a buddy of mine in Norman called and said having same issue. Voice is working normal just data giving issues.

From now till September we will have intermittent network "errors" in the sense that the NV complete towers are now strained due to lack of 4G signals coming from adjacent cells.  If MR. :dazed:  would pay the local telcos to turn on the fiber connection these sites would already be live. The fiber is there at the site.  :coffee:

The site at 81st and Harvard is now in progress, the new antennas and rrus are visible. There is still a line attached to the rack.

As of now all sites around me have NV equipment (although I wish more of them would broadcast lte)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk 2

And now you will be closed in from every side as 111 & Yale is live & 97 Memorial site was "in progress" Saturday.

From now till September we will have intermittent network "errors" in the sense that the NV complete towers are now strained due to lack of 4G signals coming from adjacent cells.  If MR. :dazed:  would pay the local telcos to turn on the fiber connection these sites would already be live. The fiber is there at the site.  :coffee:

And to make it worse were I live, the tower that is about half a mile away from the house goes down at least once or twice a week. It funny when I call it in and they have to call me back multiple times due to the drop calls.  Hopefully that tower will get updated soon and the issue will go away. Would be great to actually use the phone part of my phone at home with out worrying if the call will drop.

And now you will be closed in from every side as 111 & Yale is live & 97 Memorial site was "in progress" Saturday.

Do not think after the magical market "launch" that the issues go away either.  Sites will continue to go down for days at random sometimes all services from the site are mixed services.  The LTE site I pick up at my desk at work with a -97dBm signal has a tough time streaming even audio during the middle of the day.  Tech support always has excuses about "updating towers".  Where?  I look everyday and haven't seen crews here in a while.  Ericsson is going to have their work cut out for them...or maybe that's by design to keep their contract?  Recently it seems here that several sites have severe coverage issues even after acceptance.  Maybe QC will catch them on the tail end of the project?

Do not think after the magical market "launch" that the issues go away either.  Sites will continue to go down for days at random sometimes all services from the site are mixed services.  The LTE site I pick up at my desk at work with a -97dBm signal has a tough time streaming even audio during the middle of the day.  Tech support always has excuses about "updating towers".  Where?  I look everyday and haven't seen crews here in a while.  Ericsson is going to have their work cut out for them...or maybe that's by design to keep their contract?  Recently it seems here that several sites have severe coverage issues even after acceptance.  Maybe QC will catch them on the tail end of the project?

Hope so!

And to make it worse were I live, the tower that is about half a mile away from the house goes down at least once or twice a week. It funny when I call it in and they have to call me back multiple times due to the drop calls.  Hopefully that tower will get updated soon and the issue will go away. Would be great to actually use the phone part of my phone at home with out worrying if the call will drop.

any NV on your tower yet?

By the way, I have been getting 4G from my building on Chesapeake campus for a few days.  Speed test this morning was 7080 kbps down, 4089 kbps up with a 264 ping.

I think my building might be on the northern edge of the signal though since I do not get it when I am on 63rd and Classen.  I have not driven south to do a map on sensorly because of traffic around campus.  Maybe on the way home today.  I am responsible for the dot on Sensorly near NW 62nd and Classen.

Well, I mapped it a bit more on sensorly.  I also go the SignalCheck app and here are the results I am seeing:

RSRP: -109 to -113 dBm range

RSRQ: -11 to -20 dB, SNR 10.6 to 14 db

Serving Cell: 05C0E501

I always assumed based on the map here that I would be using OK------ or OK------, but since I only get the signal from 62nd and Classen down to I-44 through Villa and I-44, I am guessing it is OK------.