Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Yesterday on the way to the Arts Festival I got 4G for a brief moment on Sheridan on the north side of the Cox center. It was gone quickly (before I could even load up Sensorly or do a SpeedTest) and on the way home I never got it to show again....

Yesterday on the way to the Arts Festival I got 4G for a brief moment on Sheridan on the north side of the Cox center. It was gone quickly (before I could even load up Sensorly or do a SpeedTest) and on the way home I never got it to show again....

I was there today. Mapped it on Sensorly.

• 2 weeks later...
A good chunk of sites around town have antennas, fingers crossed for them to go online soon......preferably this week :rolleyes:

Oklahoma City?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

LTE in North Tulsa came live a couple days ago it seems, around Springdale, Lacy Park, Dunbar, and Reservoir Hill! I've been mapping it around. Trying to locate the tower it's on, I think it's the one at Apache/26th St. N and Harvard but I'm gonna go over there and check today.

I get great signal on parts of the hill. -84 dbm in spots!

Speeds are very hit and miss right now.

At home:

post-16625-0-35912200-1368473035_thumb.png

And up on Reservoir Hill (there's a specific part of the ridge that gets a good signal, probably due to good line of sight to the tower...)

post-16625-0-22403800-1368473036_thumb.png

You can see where I've been mapping on sensorly, it's most of the area around Reservoir Hill and on Peoria/Lewis.

Edited by Elizacat
  • Like 1

I also got LTE in South Tulsa, around Tulsa Hills, along 71st (weak signal, and mostly between Lewis and Peoria), at 81st near ORU at the Wal-Mart; cuts out just before you get into Brookside going along Peoria.

None at Woodland Hills mall, I talked to the Sprint rep there to see if he knew anything I didn't, basically content-free and told me what I had already discovered.

I'm gonna take a trek around Tulsa (kind of hard when you're a poor student taking the TERRIBLE public transportation system) and see what else I come up with.

• Like 1

Congrats on the 4G find! One of the first in Oklahoma to have Sprint Lte in your home. Do you have any idea how far you are from the cell site?

Yeah, I think I'm about 1 3/4 miles if my guess is correct as to where this bugger is located.

When it stops being a trillion degrees farenheit outside, I'll walk towards suspected sites and see what I can find.

Edited by Elizacat
  • Like 1

I also got LTE in South Tulsa, around Tulsa Hills, along 71st (weak signal, and mostly between Lewis and Peoria), at 81st near ORU at the Wal-Mart; cuts out just before you get into Brookside going along Peoria.

None at Woodland Hills mall, I talked to the Sprint rep there to see if he knew anything I didn't, basically content-free and told me what I had already discovered.

I'm gonna take a trek around Tulsa (kind of hard when you're a poor student taking the TERRIBLE public transportation system) and see what else I come up with.

If you want to know where the coverage is look at sensorly. It is a site that has user generated coverage maps. If you install the sensorly app on your phone you can contribute to the coverage maps.

EDIT: FAIL, you mapped the new site

If you install a touchwiz ROM you can use the LTE debugging screen to track sites also by serving cell.

Also, if you become a sponsor at S4GRU you can see which sites have been accepted by Sprint for LTE (usually means broadcasting but not always). There area maps in the sponsor section listing where every Sprint site is located too so you know where to look.

Welcome to the site!

how's your experience with lte in your home?

I get LTE in my home most of the time from that site at 71st and Union (pretty far away). I get around 0.02mbps down. It's actually significantly slower than 3G. :blink:

I get LTE in my home most of the time from that site at 71st and Union (pretty far away). I get around 0.02mbps down. It's actually significantly slower than 3G. :blink:

I am getting so anxious for the sites that are sitting complete ( to the eye) to turn on. The one nearest me isn't in progress and i doubt ill get Lte indoors until that point. I may not even get 4G with it on. I do not get 1X or Evdo without the airave.

• Like 1

yeah the sites around the 71st st. corridor aren't lit up at all, which is unfortunate because there is quite a bit of demand there for data what with all the eateries and the shopping and whatnot. EV-DO is fairly useless there. 71st & Mingo on the Union campus and then 71st & just west of memorial by the fire station are the two there that need to come on. Along of course with the site just across the street from me at 81st & Mingo :D

the good news though is at the two mingo sites - significant work has been done.

Also, welcome. I'm sure you've noticed Tulsa is very well represented here.

• Like 1

If you want to know where the coverage is look at sensorly. It is a site that has user generated coverage maps. If you install the sensorly app on your phone you can contribute to the coverage maps.

EDIT: FAIL, you mapped the new site

If you install a touchwiz ROM you can use the LTE debugging screen to track sites also by serving cell.

Also, if you become a sponsor at S4GRU you can see which sites have been accepted by Sprint for LTE (usually means broadcasting but not always). There area maps in the sponsor section listing where every Sprint site is located too so you know where to look.

Welcome to the site!

I went out there, my hunch seems to be correct, indeed, Apache and between Harvard and Lewis is where the new site is.

I'm physically wiped so I'll do more mapping tomorrow morning and evening.

I do know about TW ROM's and the engineering screen, that's how I got that one. :P

Next time I come into some money I'll donate if I can :P.

how's your experience with lte in your home?

Crap lol, it works but I'm quite far from the site so not too well (over on Reservoir Hill).

yeah the sites around the 71st st. corridor aren't lit up at all, which is unfortunate because there is quite a bit of demand there for data what with all the eateries and the shopping and whatnot. EV-DO is fairly useless there. 71st & Mingo on the Union campus and then 71st & just west of memorial by the fire station are the two there that need to come on. Along of course with the site just across the street from me at 81st & Mingo :D

the good news though is at the two mingo sites - significant work has been done.

More than I thought there'd be from Tulsa, lol :P. Nobody from the North side it seems though but me :(. Everyone's out in South and East Tulsa ;_;.

Edited by Elizacat

I've had this experience a few times actually, especially on the sites along 71st. Sucks.

Occasionally getting high latency, 5500 msec+ (even though good signal) from the site at Apache and Lewis/Harvard.

Edited by Elizacat

Also on my to do list is to go over to Gilcrease Hills (a stone's throw away) and map things there. I'd go up north of Apache to see if anything's going on up there, but lol, that's the ghetto, I've had some scary encounters on foot up there (I don't have a car).

If I don't pick up a tower from West Tulsa/Downtown, I think I will probably only get an extremely weak signal, if at all, from the tower on Apache.

Edited by Elizacat

I am counting down till the 71st firestation site is under construction, they have moved the existing panels down a few feet to accommodation the new equipment. sites at 31,51,71,81 mingo are all done. same with 45 & memorial & 51 sheridan. LIGHT EM UP!!!

• Like 1