Network Vision/LTE - Oklahoma Market

Serious

Looks like the I-240 at Air Depot Blvd. tower (cells 100/269/438 just South of Tinker) is finally active after having new equipment and Complete status for a month or two. This is from about a half mile away while the signal to noise ratio was fluctuating wildly.  

553296475.png

Things looked more settled as I was going home later and I got ~25Mb/s right in front of the tower. 

Looks like the I-240 at Air Depot Blvd. tower (cells 100/269/438 just South of Tinker) is finally active after having new equipment and Complete status for a month or two. This is from about a half mile away while the signal to noise ratio was fluctuating wildly.

Posted Image

Things looked more settled as I was going home later and I got ~25Mb/s right in front of the tower.

Drove by this morning, son hit 26/9 on his S4 as we drive by. Funny thing is when we first went past around 8 we both showed 3G.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know there is a thread on here about deaths and injury on the towers but posting this here since it is in our state. I know we all want the towers to be turned on as soon as possible but we need to keep in mind these guys do have a dangerous job and have family waiting on them at home.

http://www.news9.com/story/23301861/tulsa-fire-department-rescues-worker-from-top-of-cell-phone-tower

• Like 1

Got some specific locations?

What LTE signal strengths are you getting?

(not bars which are CDMA-only)

Maybe just weak LTE signal.

1 for instance would be I-40 and MLK.. get average -76dbm with 8 asu . Also around my house at Hefner and Rockwelk I can get 30mbps and then when I get on the other side od the tower I get 5

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

Update from Tulsa this weekend.  Seems like power levels have been turned down quite a bit on the live sites, hopefully this means the fill in sites will begin.  Also the 81st & Mingo site was completely live 2 weekends prior & gave me a -68 dBm as i sat at the light, -76 as i passed behind TCC on hwy 169 &  fell out of azimuth just as i came in view of the 97th & memorial tower on Creek turnpike westbound.  I wasn't on my feet enough to fire up sensorly until just before i went up the on ramp.  I did pull something like 20mbps down off the southeast facing sector.  However i passed by yesterday and it would not connect, I fell off the 71st union PK lot site around 91st ST on hwy 169.  My conclusion, this site may have glimpsed testing signals to me on my prior visit; the site on the Union parking lot was hit or miss for about 2-3 weeks before it went blue on the map; the 81st site went blue first though.  Once the 61st & 129,101st & garnett,91st & 145th& 71 memorial fire station site see NV crews south Tulsa/BA will be nearly completed for NV1.0  :rolleyes:

-Will

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is a Sprint site but I figured you all would appreciate this,

I was playing with my USCC Galaxy S4 and found a menu to manually select LTE band classes. I toggled Band 5.

Lo and behold! LTE Band 5 (Cellular 850) is live in Tulsa for US Cellular! This band class is compatible with band 26 which new triband devices and the iPhone 5s/5c support.

• Like 2

I was back in Tulsa this weekend, 81st & Mingo site shows it's been live for some 3-4 weeks yet it was not broadcasting again as of Saturday afternoon.  71st fire-station near the mall remains untouched, and will require more work than some of the other sites to accompany the new equipment. I hope Sprint has taken into consideration that areas like (Tulsa) will not initially receive 2.6GHz & turn on SMR LTE promptly.  It could literally take them 2 weeks to finish Tulsa if they would just DO it. I can only think of about 8 sites that still need equipment in the Tulsa metro. 

-Will

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Questions for those in the know, regarding the Lg G2 and the Tulsa/Oklahoma market. Will/is there multiple lte bands available to be able to utilize the G2 for its tri- band capabilities within the next 2 year contract period. From what I've been reading here, tri-band support is what really differentiates the G2 from the Note 3.

I currently own the HTC One, and if it was at least 5", I wouldn't even be eyeing a new handset, because to me screen size is the only thing newer flagships would have over the One. SD card and removable battery is not a factor for me. I've read that the Note 3 is a beast. But, I'm not sure that I would utilize its stylus capabilities or need a screen that large. Also being priced at $350 is a negative.

I've never owned Lg, and I just wanted some opinion on the G2, given my concerns. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also I'm not sure how much longer the G2 can be had on pre-order for $99. $99 or $350? Hmmm

Thank you.

Edited by V12

Questions for those in the know, regarding the Lg G2 and the Tulsa/Oklahoma market. Will/is there multiple lte bands available to be able to utilize the G2 for its tri- band capabilities within the next 2 year contract period. From what I've been reading here, tri-band support is what really differentiates the G2 from the Note 3.

I currently own the HTC One, and if it was at least 5", I wouldn't even be eyeing a new handset, because to me screen size is the only thing newer flagships would have over the One. SD card and removable battery is not a factor for me. I've read that the Note 3 is a beast. But, I'm not sure that I would utilize its stylus capabilities or need a screen that large. Also being priced at $350 is a negative.

I've never owned Lg, and I just wanted some opinion on the G2, given my concerns. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: also I'm not sure how much longer the G2 can be had on pre-order for $99. $99 or $350? Hmmm

Thank you.

I would love to tell you that it absolutely will make an impact in Tulsa but Ericcson's reluctance to touch the SMR 800mhz band even for cdma voice and the fact that tulsa never was an official wimax market. I couldnt tell you.

I would think that a year from now they will at least start adding 2500 to our Sprint only sites but I could be wrong.

If anyone in Tulsa is near the Woodland hills mall, grab a pic of the site next to the 71st street fire station west of Memorial. My 14 year old brother reported to me that it has received NV upgrades but a picture & adult validity would help get it put on the map. 

-Will

If anyone in Tulsa is near the Woodland hills mall, grab a pic of the site next to the 71st street fire station west of Memorial. My 14 year old brother reported to me that it has received NV upgrades but a picture & adult validity would help get it put on the map.

-Will

If macpcs doesnt get it before me I'll get it in a few days.

• Like 1

Allegedly they have removed 1/2 of the original NV equip, which is the first case of this happening that I know of in the OK market. 

-Will 

The Glenpool site has legacy equipment removed and has for a while. Its still 3G only though.

That is one of the sites I seldom see. Sad to see it has remained 3G only since it was one of the first full builds in the state.

My sister hates sprint because of these sites remaining 3G only (with legacy backhaul). Their service has become unusable in the area. I hope things improve.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 15 January 2011

I figured I would see LTE before WiMax too. She may have just seen the 4G icon as it was trying to connect and thought it was connected...

Im hopeful SMR will change things. Because the SMR lte network wont play with cdma it doesnt have to be turned on in clusters ericcson will upgrade the existing g-block lte sites without as much hesitation.

First off, these are hand held shots at or close to 300mm on an APS-C body with an effective distance of 450mm.  Sorry if they're a little less sharp than I'd prefer, but they're pretty good.  

71st & Memorial fire station site.  

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7309/10384253424_dce4b68c7e_o.jpg

And for good measure, my favorite site at 81st & Mingo.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/10384311845_08d1af33dc_o.jpg

• Like 1

First off, these are hand held shots at or close to 300mm on an APS-C body with an effective distance of 450mm.  Sorry if they're a little less sharp than I'd prefer, but they're pretty good.  

71st & Memorial fire station site.  

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7309/10384253424_dce4b68c7e_o.jpg

And for good measure, my favorite site at 81st & Mingo.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3834/10384311845_08d1af33dc_o.jpg

Well, geez lil shit told me he knew what he was talking about; 14 year olds  <_<  :td:

Have you gotten your iPhone 5S yet?  Is 81st & Mingo broadcasting publicly yet?  I have caught test signals off it before, but it has been on the map as 4G complete for months now and it is never consistent.