HTC EVO LTE OTA - System Update 1.22.651.3

Odell

I manually checked for an update this morning and an OTA was available. Now my Google Wallet is working again. Finally!

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

• Like 3

Also to add, if you are rooted please do not attempt to download the update, just wait for devs to make the necessary changes so it will be safe.

Edit: Apparently there is a new hboot(1.15.000) so definitely stay away if you are rooted and/or s-off since you will probably lose root access and who knows how long it will take to get root access again.

• Like 2

I received notification of an OTA this morning for the EVO LTE. Hopefully this fixes the LTE Connectivity issue and they can stop blocking LTE. I'm installing now. If you haven't received the update yet, you can manually force it by going to Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates.

If you are rooted, you may want to wait until the Developer community supports because you will likely lose root access. However, if you notice LTE connectivity issues in LTE service areas after they become live, you may want to give this a try to fix your issue.

Hardware Version 3

Software Version 1.22.651.3 710RD

Baseband Version 1.05.11.0606

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

I received notification of an OTA this morning for the EVO LTE. Hopefully this fixes the LTE Connectivity issue and they can stop blocking LTE. I'm installing now. If you haven't received the update yet, you can manually force it by going to Settings > System Updates > HTC Software Updates.

If you are rooted, you may want to wait until the Developer community supports because you will likely lose root access. However, if you notice LTE connectivity issues in LTE service areas after they become live, you may want to give this a try to fix your issue.

Hardware Version 3

Software Version 1.22.651.3 710RD

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

Can you combine these two threads? Odell beat you to it but he titled his thread differently.

http://s4gru.com/ind...-working-again/

• Like 2

This is a list of all that was fixed in the update:

http://support.sprin...NTNAV=SU:DP:MVT

Hmmm.... no mention of any LTE connectivity fixes. Only thing was a WiFi disconnect issue. Maybe that was what was causing issues with LTE connectivity? Maybe there's an unmentioned fix or another update is still to come.

Hmmm.... no mention of any LTE connectivity fixes. Only thing was a WiFi disconnect issue. Maybe that was what was causing issues with LTE connectivity? Maybe there's an unmentioned fix or another update is still to come.

I always expected it to be referenced covertly or not at all. Since they never disclosed the issue and try to mask it with blocking, I expected this. However, we don't know with 100% certainty a fix is in this OTA.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

• Like 2

Also to add, if you are rooted please do not attempt to download the update, just wait for devs to make the necessary changes so it will be safe.

Edit: Apparently there is a new hboot(1.15.000) so definitely stay away if you are rooted and/or s-off since you will probably lose root access and who knows how long it will take to get root access again.

It should be standard procedure for anyone rooted to NEVER take an OTA for your device. The dev community will usually issue an updated ROM with the OTA fixes within hours of the OTA release.

Did I say NEVER ACCEPT AN OTA IF YOU ARE ROOTED?

• Like 4

It should be standard procedure for anyone rooted to NEVER take an OTA for your device. The dev community will usually issue an updated ROM with the OTA fixes within hours of the OTA release.

Did I say NEVER ACCEPT AN OTA IF YOU ARE ROOTED?

You would think it would be common knowledge for any one who actually took the time to root but every time there is a new OTA there are a million threads asking the same damn question "Uhhh, is it safe for me to update even if I am rooted?". Then of course you have all the season vets saying don't do it, then they do it anyway then you see a lot of new threads popping up asking "when will I be able to get root again"?.......Very annoying!!!

You would think it would be common knowledge for any one who actually took the time to root but every time there is a new OTA there are a million threads asking the same damn question "Uhhh, is it safe for me to update even if I am rooted?". Then of course you have all the season vets saying don't do it, then they do it anyway then you see a lot of new threads popping up asking "when will I be able to get root again"?.......Very annoying!!!

Yeah, that's the funny thing about human nature...it never changes. No matter how many times the waitress tells you to be careful, the plate is very hot; you still touch it the moment she walks away.

• Like 1

I always expected it to be referenced covertly or not at all. Since they never disclosed the issue and try to mask it with blocking, I expected this. However, we don't know with 100% certainty a fix is in this OTA.

Robert via Samsung Galaxy S-III 32GB using Forum Runner

I suspect the same thing but I guess we will see once the OTA has been dissected by the dev community.

And if you want S-off, you should do it now. Who knows if any devs will bother cracking the new hboot...

The dev community will definitely try. Stuff happens everyday and if someone needs to get a replacement phone more than likely it would have already been updated.

The dev community will definitely try. Stuff happens everyday and if someone needs to get a replacement phone more than likely it would have already been updated.

When I had the EVO 3D, there was s-off early on, but then HTC allowed the boot loader to be unlocked through their method and updated the hboot. No more s-off... I don't know if it was that tough to crack, or nobody cared.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

When I had the EVO 3D, there was s-off early on, but then HTC allowed the boot loader to be unlocked through their method and updated the hboot. No more s-off... I don't know if it was that tough to crack, or nobody cared.

Sent from my Jelly Bean Toro using Forum Runner

They cared enough to finally create a way to purposely brick your phone and flash older firmware to downgrade the bootloader. It was a bit of a PITA but well worth it. I went from 1.5 / S-on / HTC unlocked and having to flash an anthrax test kernel with every ROM to be able to boot....to a 20 minute brick/downgrade process that left me with 1.4 / S-off and able to flash anything and everything.

i'm guessing this is happening early enough in the game where people are still getting these phones that if the old exploits don't work, the devs will find new ones.

• Like 1

A pretty detailed thread over on xda, in addition to a new hboot, there is a new kernel and a new radio as well.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1765483

• Like 1

They cared enough to finally create a way to purposely brick your phone and flash older firmware to downgrade the bootloader. It was a bit of a PITA but well worth it. I went from 1.5 / S-on / HTC unlocked and having to flash an anthrax test kernel with every ROM to be able to boot....to a 20 minute brick/downgrade process that left me with 1.4 / S-off and able to flash anything and everything.

i'm guessing this is happening early enough in the game where people are still getting these phones that if the old exploits don't work, the devs will find new ones.

Yeah, I stopped paying attention to that thread when I got my E4GT. I bought the 3D used, so the software was already updated. That was the only Android phone I have ever owned that didn't get rooted. My computer didn't like the multitude of programs needed to go through the HTC unlock process so I gave up.

Maybe to better control the LTE connectivity? :)

Robert

New radio bodes well for a LTE fix!

Well I sure hope so.

Well I sure hope so.

You're the guinea pig. When LTE comes back up your area, I'm counting on you to test the GNex and EVO LTE side by side over a few days to see if you have any LTE Connectivity issues like before. I had other people suspect it, but no one could confirm it without another LTE device side by side when it occurred. You and I are the only people I know with both devices, and I don't live anywhere near Sprint LTE! :td:

Robert

Robert

You're the guinea pig. When LTE comes back up your area, I'm counting on you to test the GNex and EVO LTE side by side over a few days to see if you have any LTE Connectivity issues like before. I had other people suspect it, but no one could confirm it without another LTE device side by side when it occurred. You and I are the only people I know with both devices, and I don't live anywhere near Sprint LTE! :td:

Robert

Robert

I fly back to atlanta tomorrow so I will definitely be looking out for it when they flip the switch.

• Like 1

i donwnloaded the update and my phone is stuck on the "verifying package" screen. if i click ok nothing happens and then it says downloading again and quickly returns to this screen. any ideas.

Edited by S4GRU
Deleted comment about now deleted thread

i donwnloaded the update and my phone is stuck on the "verifying package" screen. if i click ok nothing happens and then it says downloading again and quickly returns to this screen. any ideas.

Maybe clear updater's data/cache and try again?

I had the same problem and just downloaded it again.

I had the same problem and just downloaded it again.

I had the same issue. I went back into the update software screen and hit check now again. It popped with a messaging saying i have to install later since my battery is below 35%.

Once I charged it up, the install loaded fine.