HTC EVO LTE OTA - System Update 1.22.651.3

Odell

I would like to thank everyone for all the insight on how the airave works.

Approx. an hour after my last post on this thread my wifi started to work just fine. I have no idea what changed because I did nothing to the phone or access point.

Shortly there after I left home for work and my phone has been working great. Now that I am back home my phone connects to the wifi access point with no problems, but I am having the same issue again. Pages will not load. I am using the same access point for my laptop and am having no issues at all.

Lte is still acting weird after the update. I updated the radios and I still will have problems connecting to lte. Have to turn data off to get it to reconnect.

Did you apply just the radio or the full firmware package?

Played around with my evo lte today to see if my signal was worse and speeds lower after the update( I reflashed the firmware +data profile update). I did10 test cycles using rootmetics and dBm average was -104 with average downloads of 127kbps and uploads of 188kbps. I ran an RUU back to stock shipped and ran 10 test cycles again, this time average dBm was -98 with average downloads of 527kbps and uploads of 308 kbps.

All tests were done at the same location. I also activated my S3 on my sisters line (temp) and did tests at the same time, tests were on par with the EVO lte in signal strength and speed before the update.

I ended up having a longer lunch today then scheduled, so i drove out to the site just north of town again, when my evo LTE switched towers, it showed i had good signal strength, but no 3G for about 40-45 seconds (this is after the update) lol.

I have no idea if these results are coincidence or if i have a defect evo lte. On wednesday, ill have a sprint store take a look at it (also has the light bleed issue)

I hope someone might be able to help me.

Prior to this upade my phone was working great (expect Goggle Wallet) After the update I can not connect to my WiFi via a secure link. If I open it up, it will with no problems.

I have done a factory reset and still no go. Sprint also had me do a full reset and it still does not work.

I have tried to reset my modem with no luck. I am currently using the WPA/WPA 2

When trying to connect it will ask for my password. After inputing the pw it keeps saying incorrect pw entered. I have ensured I typed it in right but still no go. After the second try it will tell me the modom is out of range. When I toggle the WiFi switch it starts over again by asking for the pw.

Sprint is willing to replace the phone (refurb ofcourse), I am just trying to avoid that if possible.

Dennis

I hope someone might be able to help me.

Prior to this upade my phone was working great (expect Goggle Wallet) After the update I can not connect to my WiFi via a secure link. If I open it up, it will with no problems.

I have done a factory reset and still no go. Sprint also had me do a full reset and it still does not work.

I have tried to reset my modem with no luck. I am currently using the WPA/WPA 2

When trying to connect it will ask for my password. After inputing the pw it keeps saying incorrect pw entered. I have ensured I typed it in right but still no go. After the second try it will tell me the modom is out of range. When I toggle the WiFi switch it starts over again by asking for the pw.

Sprint is willing to replace the phone (refurb ofcourse), I am just trying to avoid that if possible.

Dennis

Just as a troubleshooting step have you tried securing your wifi network with WEP and then see if you are able to connect with the Evo? I know WEP is considered less secure but it might be helpful in diagnosing your problem if the phone will connect with a different setup.

Are you also having trouble connecting to other secured wifi, especially networks that you could previously connect to like your work or a friend's house?

I can't say I can fix your problem but those were just a couple questions that came to mind.

To clarify a little for you, the airave broadcasts like a mini tower replacing your connection to the "macrocell". 1900mhz for voice and 3G data. This is why Sprint only wants to send out an airave to people who have little/no coverage in their house. It could potentially cause interference issues with the cell towers for people around it. The only way to keep your phone from connecting to the airave is to shut off the airave or leave its range.

It doesn't interfere. Sprint's servers sets up the EV and 1X channel that your box will be on based on your GPS location. 2 reasons: so they are on the right SID, NID, and licensed frequency for your area, and also channels that will not interfere with the tower carriers around you. Now someone could have the servers set wrong but I'm sure there are some safe guards as broadcasting on another cell phone carriers frequency is a big no-no ;)

Just as a troubleshooting step have you tried securing your wifi network with WEP and then see if you are able to connect with the Evo? I know WEP is considered less secure but it might be helpful in diagnosing your problem if the phone will connect with a different setup.

Are you also having trouble connecting to other secured wifi, especially networks that you could previously connect to like your work or a friend's house?

I can't say I can fix your problem but those were just a couple questions that came to mind.

I tried that after I wrote the orignal post. I was able to get a secure connection using WEP. I have not tried any other WiFi's yet but will over the next couple of days. I am content as of now. Hope there is a more major update soon. This update did not change my color saturation on the camera, but that is a minor thing for me.

Thanks for the input.