Keep a Word, Drop a Word...now on Sprint 4G Rollout Updates

Altie

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• New SCP beta rolling out now.. gave this one some extra testing with the hopes that I have finally cleaned up the glitches with 5G NSA web uploads as well as some other minor bugs. Please keep an eye on your upload notification to see if you have an abnormally large number of "clusters" being uploaded compared to the number of pending entries you had. By default, the app includes up to 512 entries per "cluster", but LTE and NR entries are clustered separately.
    • Yup—the current plan is to go with the AT&T site in Greenwater and the Verizon site atop Grass Mountain, although there have been so many problems getting the tower physically built and backhauled that the AT&T site south of 410 is looking like a candidate.  I do some work in the industry; there is a lot a can’t share but some that I can . Permits are a good way to track movement; although permitting happens only very late in the process. 
    • That's really nice to hear--seems like this is the trend nationwide in general. Lots of new collocations planned around rural MI and OH from what I've seen in from the American Tower site portal. Also, the Att site around Greenwater WA got a new Tmo collocations (no n41) but wasn't online when I was around that area.   Btw, how are you able to get information on collocations plans? Are there permits available in those areas?
    • Verizon vs T-Mobile at MetLife Stadium today for the Howard vs Morehouse football game. Verizon has clearly poured a ton of money into MetLife Stadium. Besides mmWave there's also a hidden WiFi network for Verizon customers that I started connecting to from the parking lot. Verizon's mmWave performed great as usual but n41 was no slouch. T-Mobile was running 120MHz n41 in the stadium. No idea why T-Mobile is reporting 1 bar when field test mode was showing -70dbm.
    • T-Mobile is planning on colocating on the Newhalem site that AT&T and VZW are on as well as the site in Trafton. There are no finalized plans to address the coverage gap west and north of Darrington, although it’s being looked at.  It would be nice to see them build out at Lake Cavanaugh too, but no plans to do that yet as far as I’m aware.